Good Day to all!

I am going to sell my bold and ATT played nice and gave me the unlock code The only problem is, the instructions say that I need a sim card in phone to unlock it? The only sim card I have is in my new Z10 and I don't know if that will mess up my current sim card? How do I unlock this phone?

Thanks
    Arlene
    09-25-13 03:10 PM
    You would actually need to put a foreign (not of the original network) SIM card into the device - it will then ask you to enter the unlock code. It won't prompt for the code if the device is AT&T locked, and the SIM card is AT&T.

Alternatively, without a foreign SIM you could do the following:
    Go to Options > Device > Advance System Settings > SIM Card. Then hold ALT on the bottom left, then type MEP2. It will then prompt you to enter your MEP code. This is what AT&T gave you. That should do the trick!
    aming63 likes this.
    09-25-13 03:19 PM
    So what you are saying Wxmancanada is that I don't need one? I just don't want to mess with this phone.
    09-25-13 03:39 PM
    So what you are saying Wxmancanada is that I don't need one? I just don't want to mess with this phone.
    If the option given by wxmancanada as alternative is too complex, and you are afraid to mess the phone up, then simply sell it "as is" together with the unlock code provided by AT&T.
    aming63 likes this.
    09-26-13 03:48 AM
    If the option given by wxmancanada as alternative is too complex, and you are afraid to mess the phone up, then simply sell it "as is" together with the unlock code provided by AT&T.
    I'm good with complex instructions, I just want to make SURE I really liked this phone and I would hate to sell a great phone that I personally messed up.
    09-26-13 05:19 PM
    I'm good with complex instructions, I just want to make SURE I really liked this phone and I would hate to sell a great phone that I personally messed up.
    Then you should be fine. This way I unlocked one of my previous blackberry phones. And after that, it was the sim card way.
    In any case, I think there is 10 tries to enter the code. That means, 10 times the wrong code is entered, the phone will require a special unlock treatment.
    So if it doesn't work with unlocking, do not use all tries, and rather verify the code.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 05:29 PM