I have an unlocked TELUS 9700 but It cannot find the Bell Network 3G.

It finds Rogers Network and then a Network Named 302-880. When I select this I get the signal icon for a second and then it goes back to SOS - EMergnecy calls only.

Has anyone else had this problem, not sure what else to do.

Any Help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks in Advance
    09-28-10 07:27 PM
    It's pretty strange, bell and telus both share the same HSPA 3G network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 07:47 PM
    I only used MEP4 code as MEP2 does not come up on TELUS phones.

Ive been told only SERVICE PRovider portion is locked
    09-28-10 07:49 PM
    Have you checked that under mobile network settings, the device is set to 2G +3G? Bell has either 3G or SOS. No 2G

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 08:46 PM
    yes, set to 3G only...

Have you seen 302-880 as a network...

I can see Rogers and 302-880...
    09-28-10 09:03 PM
    Only other thing it can be is if your BELL sim card is not registered with BELL yet, it will not show up in the list of choices, this is because until one of those companies has ur registered SIM that network has no name, there is no BELL and TELUS there is just one, thats why your SIM must be registered first to be able to see/indentify the BELL/TELUS network.

If you reigstered your sim card with BELL, make sure to talk to their technical department, more than likely ther eis a VALIDATION error in the switch and thus your sim although its showing up on the account is actually errored out during switch / migration from CDMA process.

Ask for technical to look for validation errors during your sim card swap/activation, not uncommon.
    09-28-10 09:51 PM
    if the sku on your sim card ends in 007 or 009 (its on the end that is printed kind of sideways and it starts with the letters BM) then take your sim card to a Bell store to have it replaced we recalled those people having problems with their phones only showing "SOS" or "No Service", hope this helps
    09-28-10 09:54 PM
    Thanks, I will give them a call tomorrow, this sim came out of working Bell 8900 curve.

cheers
    09-28-10 09:57 PM
    Thanks, I will give them a call tomorrow, this sim came out of working Bell 8900 curve.

cheers
    The Curve 8900 doesn't work with BELL
    09-28-10 10:27 PM
    He's right. 8900 doesn't have any HSPA bands only GSM
    09-28-10 11:17 PM
    The Curve 8900 doesn't work with BELL
    Not TECHNICALLY true.......

I recently traveled across Manitoba with my unlocked 9700 and Bell SIM. In the areas that I had no 3G, my phone would roam on Rogers Edge. Look it up if you want, but its the only area I know of that Bell put in place that agreement with Rogers.

Soooo, if you have a Bell SIM in an EDGE phone in certain areas, it will work.

P.S. I was a surprised as anyone.
    09-29-10 05:07 AM
    Not TECHNICALLY true.......

I recently traveled across Manitoba with my unlocked 9700 and Bell SIM. In the areas that I had no 3G, my phone would roam on Rogers Edge. Look it up if you want, but its the only area I know of that Bell put in place that agreement with Rogers.

Soooo, if you have a Bell SIM in an EDGE phone in certain areas, it will work.

P.S. I was a surprised as anyone.
    *HUGE FACEPALM*

Yes, if you want to ROAM it will work only when ROAMING.

Its not native to Bell, and Bell does NOT have the EDGE bands to run it.

so Technically youre wrong. because will not work on BELL as you stated, but works on ROGERS.
    09-29-10 07:59 AM
    Thanks guys for all the help.... What an ***** I am, I just realized the BB I took the SIM from is a CDMA phone and the sim is only for roaming on GSM bands internationally. (at Least I think that is the problem).

Thanks Again
    09-29-10 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD