Have MTS SIM
    Have BBerry & Data Plan
    Have Voice Plan
    Phone is Unlocked and used the TCP/IP settings posted online: internet.mts.ru UN:mts PW:mts
    Im receiving all signals 3G, EDGE,edge, etc but it will not receive or send emails??? on the Service Status it just reads Blackberry Internet Service and BES "Not Connected" How do I fix this and start getting my emails as I have used a few other unlocked BBerry's b4 (Curve, Old School side wheel etc) and never had email/bberry problems. Is there an issue with this model in Russia/Moscow as it is defintely sold for my Carrier MTS RUS. PLEASE HELP-Cheers!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 08:37 AM
    have you added the PIN to your acct? and probably need to make sure wherever you bought it from they take the PIN off of their acct so you can add it to yours.,
    04-28-10 08:48 AM
    added the PIN? There is a PIN that I already have been swapping with BBM Contacts, would that be what you are referring to? I use to have my curve 8300 here and the PIN was from AT&T but wokred on my T Mobile SIM when back in the US as well as my MTS RU acct when back in Moscow

04-28-10 10:25 AM
    Also note the Blackberry and all its funtions worked when I was in the US on T Mobile (I bought it from a guy who had AT&T) so this is nt the first time im trying to get the phone to work with full capabilities on another companies SIM (its just MTS RUS that is giving me trouble).

04-28-10 10:44 AM
    i believe what blueyestm is trying to say is going to your BIS account site and changing the pin and imei there to the one on your 9700. this will allow for the service books to be sent and for you to get email and other BB functionality. excuse any typos, doing this from work =)
    04-28-10 11:12 AM
    No worries as my typos are even worse but I just called T Mobile and they released my PIN but said it was already released and re-set. Also I just checked and my BBM funtion works as well (just no email funtion)???

04-28-10 12:11 PM
    SWEET!!!!!! Fixed it by just switching in and out a few different SIMs to make the Service Books and PIN reload correctly (I do have a feeling my prior T Mobile phone call helped). They said the PIN was released prior but I find it strange how after they reset it and released it (supposedly again) my phone worked fine after just switching a sim or 2.

04-28-10 02:42 PM
    I have a t-mobile phone unlocked but it will not work with rogers 3G that uses the same bands as AT&T can you tell me how you got your 3g to work?
    05-02-10 01:02 AM
    I have a t-mobile phone unlocked but it will not work with rogers 3G that uses the same bands as AT&T can you tell me how you got your 3g to work?
    MTS Russia may use the same bands as T-Mobile US.
    05-02-10 02:44 AM
    Different problem. The 9700 devices differ in hardware for every carrier based on their 3G band.

05-02-10 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD