Hi guys, my first post here!
    Anyway, just got an unlocked Rogers Bold, and everything works perfectly except I am unable to change my browser setting to anything else but " Hotspot" as there do not seem to be any other options. I have added the Swisscom APN to the TCP options, rebooted and that does not work. I can therefore only browse the internet through wifi. I have sent myself the Swisscom service books, and always end up with the Blackberry default browser, nothing else has been added. Does this mean Swisscom still do not support the Bold? Is that what I should be waiting for?
    It's a bit of a nuisance as with this kind of internet on my Bold, the sites seem to think I am browsing from a computer and therefore I get the ActiveX error when I try to install anything like Google Talk or Facebook! Please help!
    09-09-08 12:26 AM
    Not having an internet browser as an option for the BB browser would indicate to me that you do not have a BlackBerry data plan.
    09-09-08 12:30 AM
    This is actually because the Bold is unlocked and you do not have the proper service books from your carrier for the "other types" of browsers... (since the device is unsupported on your carrier and they do not know that the device needs those service books )

Sorry, but you will have to use some alternative... such as Opera Mini (at least till the service books work! )

Sorry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 12:35 AM
    Hi, I do have a data plan or it would not have worked on my Blackberry Curve which I had before. The emails, BB messages and everything else work fine. Do you think Swisscom have not updated their service books for the Bold?
    09-09-08 12:35 AM
    So downloading apps like Facebook and Google Talk are then out of the question? Even once downloaded, some of these apps do not work on wifi...right?
    09-09-08 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD