Long time lurker, turned newbie here. Just had to share that I found a new-in-box (duh) Blackberry Onyx at auction on Ebay. They had a Buy It Now for $1200, but the current bid is $610. Time to cash in those IRA's everyone.

The seller seems to indicate that he has a "limited supply." I would be very curious as to how an in-the-box item leaked out, unless it was destined for European distribution. In any case here's the url:

BLACKBERRY ONYX PRE RELEASE GSM UNLOCKED - eBay (item 120455125870 end time Aug-12-09 23:32:10 PDT)

If that doesn't work, simply go to Ebay and enter the following as a search:

BLACKBERRY ONYX PRE RELEASE GSM UNLOCKED
    08-04-09 10:04 AM
    Its BS really... This guy doesn't take paypal
    08-04-09 10:09 AM
    In checking the guy's feedback, he's got 100% feedback with over 300 transactions. I personally wouldn't work WITHOUT PayPal, but....
    08-04-09 10:12 AM
    In checking the guy's feedback, he's got 100% feedback with over 300 transactions. I personally wouldn't work WITHOUT PayPal, but....
    Go back and check out his specific feedback... he hasn't made a sell in over 6 months... its from buying things on e-bay, not selling.
    08-04-09 10:16 AM
    Also keep in mind this device will be nuked when the actual devices are released.
    08-04-09 10:26 AM
    Yikes...Points taken. As the expression goes, caveat emptor...
    08-04-09 10:35 AM
    Also keep in mind this device will be nuked when the actual devices are released.
    Wait... Sith, what makes you think that will happen to this phone? Or you talking in general or just about this one?

I've never had a problem with any of my pre releases once the official release of the phone...

If you know something I don't, I would appreciate the info
    08-04-09 10:40 AM
    This device has the trackball, aren't the newest ones trackpad? I remember someone saying that the newer OS builds won't work with the trackball based onyxs.
    08-04-09 10:52 AM
    This device has the trackball, aren't the newest ones trackpad? I remember someone saying that the newer OS builds won't work with the trackball based onyxs.
    Indeed, the latest renderings indicate trackpad. So, the answer in this case may be either this is a ripoff scheme OR the guy somehow got hold of an earlier prototype...
    08-04-09 11:18 AM
    Indeed, the latest renderings indicate trackpad. So, the answer in this case may be either this is a ripoff scheme OR the guy somehow got hold of an earlier prototype...
    Well 90% of the people that have a pre released ONYX have it with the trackball, not the trackpad.

This guy is a scammer for sure, but that doesn't mean everyone else that have one is... Its actually hard to find any Onyx's with a trackpad. Try finding a video or pictures of it...
    08-04-09 11:49 AM
    Not necessarily true Sith.
    08-04-09 12:26 PM
    Well 90% of the people that have a pre released ONYX have it with the trackball, not the trackpad.

This guy is a scammer for sure, but that doesn't mean everyone else that have one is... Its actually hard to find any Onyx's with a trackpad. Try finding a video or pictures of it...
    This guy is actually not a scammer in the true sense as it turned out to be a legitimate business, but he is totally unreliable. I dealt with him last year when the Bold was coming out and he lied about having it in stock. After numerous emails and phone calls, I waited for a month until he finally responded that there were delays, etc... Anyway, stay away from him is my advice, unless you want major headaches.
    08-04-09 04:49 PM
    It'll be out soon enough to avoid paying an arm and a arm. Hope it has the trackpad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 06:55 PM
    I bid only 400 on that phone. I emailed the seller to see if this phone has an working pin and a clear esn. His response was that he just gets these phones and sells them. He knows the pin is no good but that's it. This phone doesn't even have a working pin!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 08:46 PM
    Hmmm....auction has been ended by seller "because the item is no longer available for sale."
    08-05-09 01:52 PM
    Not necessarily true Sith.
    what he said
    08-05-09 05:27 PM
    Fake! Try again next time!
    08-05-09 06:20 PM
    Fail. Sorry, but I'd never buy a prototype/pre-production device.
    08-07-09 02:29 AM
    Skip it... seriously. Wait for a legit sale.
    08-08-09 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD