Hi people, Am new here... Hope you can help!!

My Bold 9780 was recently unlocked. It worked fine with the original sim card, then suddenly showed sim card error. I tried a handheld wipe, putting a little bit of card over the sim card and changing the mobile options to manual search. The sim card does work as I tried it in another phone.

The phone either works for a short time with my sim card in it, then shows either sim card error or initialisation failed!!! What am I doing wrong??? I Miss my bold!

Thanks in advance
    07-20-11 02:36 AM
    Could be the contacts where the sim sits in ... maybe try cleaning them out ...
    07-20-11 12:47 PM
    I did try that. Even got the sim card tray replaced... And it worked for 10 mins. Am now trying a new sim card in it. So fingers crossed! Thanks for your suggestion though
    07-21-11 11:34 AM
    Inspect any screws in the device too see if any are loose ...
    07-21-11 11:47 AM
    Yeah, tried that too. The device seems to find any other network except vodafone! It's really starting to annoy me!!!
    07-21-11 12:09 PM
    Double check for policies.
    Double check if device is properly unlocked
    Unlock Status:
    Options>>device >> Advanced System Settings >> SIM Card >> all caps (alt+right shift) type MEPD and see if every field is disable

Policy status:
    Option >> device >>Device and status information >> just type (you won’t see anything on screen) buyr >> scroll down >> IT Polices should be disabled
    07-21-11 01:02 PM
    Yes, everything is disabled. It's just very strange that the phone will not stay on the vodafone UK network! I am getting frustrated with it!!!
    07-22-11 04:49 AM
    Take a sim card from someone and try to see if you get the same problems with other sim card on your unlocked Blackberry.
    07-24-11 10:00 AM
    Yeah, I did that and it still done the same. So I left it for a week and then today, I put my sim in the blackberry and it was working fine... For about 4 hours. Then it came up sim card error again. It's very strange!
    07-29-11 02:03 PM
    Have you tried swapping the sims ??
    07-29-11 03:09 PM
    Yeah, have swapped the sim a few times. I have managed to get it working for a few hours at a time then it seems to lose the signal. I have discovered that if I remove the battery and sim card for 30 seconds or so, it then works again! Not to worry, I am due my next upgrade in a couple of months so I'll stick it out till then.

Thanks everyone for all your help
    08-01-11 07:41 AM
    No problem. I would try to reflash the OS for the time being ...
    08-01-11 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD