Ok searched forever on these forums and others for the fix and nothing. Here is what I have:
    ATT bold
    os 4.6.247
    windows vista 32 home premium (doesnt work on regular xp either)
    kingston msd HC 8gb card (6 of 8gb left)
    device manager 4.6 and 4.7

Things tried:
    pinstack batch file (hahanew). doesnt do anything but pop up command box and goes through giberish in half a second then goes away. nothing else happens.
    Disabled selective suspend via regedit on laptop. nothing again.
    Uninstalled usb drivers via laptop device manager. still nothing.

This is suppppper annoying and I think it happened right after I got my phone unlocked . I hate going through roxio because its slow as heck and very unstable. Please someone find me a fix. I know if I go to the ATT store they will be clueless.

thanks
    pin:24a0635f
    Last edited by gotpancit; 06-24-09 at 12:47 AM.
    06-24-09 12:43 AM
    Do you have it set to prompt you? You didn't mention what you have it set to in your post so I have to ask.

Options -> Memory -> Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Is that what you have? Are you sure that Media Card Support is 'On' and that Mass Storage Mode Support is 'On' as well?

Chris
    06-24-09 12:59 AM
    Doh I knew i forgot to list something!

i have auto enable set to: yes...just changed it to prompt. no change. Everything else is as you noted.
    06-24-09 01:04 AM
    Just for sh!ts and giggles....

Restart your computer and do a battery pull on your Bold. Wait for them both to be fully booted up and logged in before connecting them and then give it a shot.

Chris
    06-24-09 01:10 AM
    Holy freakin cow I fixed it! I was clicking the wrong file in the batch program. Instead of clicking bb storage activation I was just clicking the batch file...OOPS!!! lesson learned, read thoroughly!

close thread.
    06-24-09 01:13 AM
    Holy freakin cow I fixed it! I was clicking the wrong file in the batch program. Instead of clicking bb storage activation I was just clicking the batch file...OOPS!!! lesson learned, read thoroughly!

close thread.
    Glad to hear everything is working. You learned a valuable lesson too!

Chris
    06-24-09 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD