jus got off the phone with att, with my 16 digit unlock code.. no hassle at all.. awesome!! unlocked for free!
    08-15-09 08:37 AM
    what did you ask them exactly? and how do you input this code?
    08-15-09 08:41 AM
    <snip> how do you input this code?
    Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card
    then type "mepd". It's non-GUI, so you won't see it being typed.
    08-15-09 09:25 AM
    what did you ask them exactly? and how do you input this code?
    From my experience, all you need to do is say "I want my phone unlocked", they will give you the information and walk you through the process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 10:00 AM
    I thought only T-Mobile did that once your contract was met.
    08-15-09 10:03 AM
    Each carrier has a certain time frame for you to unlock. I believe you have to be in contract with AT&T for more than 60 days to unlock a device/have the device for more than 60 days.
    08-15-09 11:13 AM
    Dilipc Explained It Correct, I Told Them I Was Going To Be Working In Italy For 2 Months And Wanted To Use A Sim From A Carrier Over There. So, She Called Me At My Work Number And Walked Me Through The Process. Very Simple.. No Questions Asked.
    08-15-09 01:04 PM
    i think i read somewhere that its illegal now for them NOT to unlock it for you..

so i don't tthink they are being nice.... they need to unlock it...
    08-15-09 01:44 PM
    Ive been trying to help a friend on this matter -used bold, locked to at&t- but no luck til now! They wont do it unless i phone them and i'm faaarrr away at this moment. Unlucky!
    08-15-09 08:15 PM
    yeah a AT&T customer needs to call and request the unlock code..

however, if you are away, but have access to the internet, you can request the unlock code from their online chat..

goto Cell Phones and cell phone plans - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular and chat there.

a few months ago they procesed my unlock code request and emailed me the code.
    08-15-09 08:17 PM
    Thats kewl! I'll try... Cheers
    08-15-09 08:22 PM
    Oh! I forgot... Dumb Q, can I chat with them tho I dont have any account?
    08-15-09 08:26 PM
    I find no need to unlock my phone unless I am selling it. Just my two cents.
    08-15-09 09:13 PM
    I find no need to unlock my phone unless I am selling it. Just my two cents.
    I'm with you, I won't do mine if I don't have to travel abroad. Not gonna use my UK's sim card for net intl roaming.

The thing with my friend, bought it from someone who was with at&t, and he's with sprint me thinks

08-15-09 10:32 PM
    Oh! I forgot... Dumb Q, can I chat with them tho I dont have any account?
    If you don't have an account with AT&T, they will not give you the unlock code. As per their unlock policy; Account in good standing, customer for 90 days. Have an AT&T customer who meets these qualifications, call and get the code for you.
    08-15-09 11:02 PM
    Each carrier has a certain time frame for you to unlock. I believe you have to be in contract with AT&T for more than 60 days to unlock a device/have the device for more than 60 days.
    AT&T is 90 days.
    08-15-09 11:03 PM
    I thought only T-Mobile did that once your contract was met.
    No, T-Mobile will unlock the device after a period of 90 days, just like AT&T.
    08-15-09 11:05 PM
    jus got off the phone with att, with my 16 digit unlock code.. no hassle at all.. awesome!! unlocked for free!
    Congrats. AT&T is very good about giving out the unlock code, as long as you meet their qualifications. I get a phone unlocked by them every 3 to 5 months for free.
    08-15-09 11:08 PM
    If you don't have an account with AT&T, they will not give you the unlock code. As per their unlock policy; Account in good standing, customer for 90 days. Have an AT&T customer who meets these qualifications, call and get the code for you.
    Must find one then. Will that work tho the documentation is not under his/her name you think?

08-16-09 01:08 AM
    Must find one then. Will that work tho the documentation is not under his/her name you think?

In my past experience with this, it must be the account holder, as AT&T will verify this with the mobile number number, as well as the last 4 digits of the account holders social security number.
    08-16-09 07:46 AM
    In my past experience with this, it must be the account holder, as AT&T will verify this with the mobile number number, as well as the last 4 digits of the account holders social security number.
    Oops! Lost the person's addy & number. Oh well, must get it from out there then. Thanks a bunch for the info
    Last edited by amelia.s; 08-16-09 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Typo :D
    08-16-09 10:07 AM
    would this work for rogers aswell?
    08-16-09 01:47 PM
    would this work for rogers aswell?
    Every carrier has their own set policies as far as providing customers with the unlock code for their phones, so I would recommend that you contact Rogers customer care Dept. to find out....... Definitely worth a shot IMHO.
    08-16-09 04:19 PM
    Good for u. My experience was exactly the same a few months ago.

08-16-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD