Hi friends

i bought an unlocked bold 9700 from someone and when trying different sims in it they are not recognized, i brought it to a bunch of different outlets, bell rogers fido, but they couldn't get it to work on their service using their sims. the only place it worked was wind mobile. It is wierd because it is a rogers branded phone, brand new that has all plastic on it. They said at the store it could be caused by a botched unlock.

anyone have any idea what may be causing this, or how to fix it?

thanks,
    06-29-10 02:34 AM
    if it is branded rogers, i would say a rogers SIM should work no matter what as long as you are in the footprint of the rogers network otherwise you are dependent on roaming which may be denied.

if it is supposed to be unlocked and no SIMs are working, sounds like a botched unlock procedure.

depending on where you are you may or may not get 3G since the phones differ hardware wise based on carrier branding.

can you return it for another device?
    06-29-10 03:22 AM
    i bought it off somebody so i can't return it. I guess that's why they sold it. How can you botch an unlock? doesn't it just involve entering a code? What is the solution, can i get the software reloaded and it will work?

thank you so much for your help.
    06-30-10 02:00 AM
    bump........................................
    07-01-10 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD