Hi all

My friend has given me his Bold 9780 in order to fix it. Indeed its has a white screen and it doesn't change even if we try a hard reset.

So I connected the Bold on my PC to reload the OS but Desktop Manager asks for the password :
    Bold - HostingPics.net - Hébergement d'images gratuit

I entered the password which my friend uses but it doesn't work. So what kind of password is asked by DM and how to solve this issue ?

Thanks a lot.

PS : Sorry for my english, I'm french ^^
    08-19-11 02:42 PM
    Is it a solid white screen or a white screen with an error code on it?
    08-19-11 03:07 PM
    08-19-11 03:44 PM
    take it to a repair store.
    08-19-11 04:21 PM
    Isn't there any free solution ?

Thanks again.
    08-19-11 05:27 PM
    from the sound of description it appears to be physical issue. If I were you I'd run through all 10 attempts in password to wipe the phone (by forcing incorrect password 10 times) to eliminate any software issue. If that doesn't do, open the phone and check the ribbon cable. If nothing then you may have to replace LCD.
    08-19-11 10:55 PM
    I tried to run through all 10 attempts so the Bold has been blocked by DM but DM still can't communicate with the phone.

Then I wiped the Bold with BBSAK and I tried to load an OS but BBSAK doesn't find any OS in spite of there is one installed.
    08-20-11 07:21 AM
    How about if you:

1) Repair the screen

2) Wipe the device with BBSAK

3) Use DM or a third party loader to install an OS

Driphter.com <~~ Go here and find a good Hybrid OS.
    08-20-11 08:03 AM
    I managed to install a new OS via the loader but the screen is still white.

So, it seems to be a hardware issue, nothing about the software. I'm going to tell my friend to go to a repair store.

Thank you anyway everyone
    08-21-11 06:31 AM
    Its a defective LCD that needs to be replaced ... Is the device still under warranty ? Same thing happened to mine and I sent it out and BlackBerry replaced it.
    08-21-11 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD