Hi, I'm new to this forum (and to the world of Blackberries) and I have a problem. I recently received a Blackberry Bold 9900 from the UK as a gift but when I insert my South African sim card, the device requests an MEP code and needs to be unlocked. I called my local service provider and they told me I would need to have the phone unlocked before I can use it. While browsing the forums, I see that a few people have had similar problems, requested help and someone was able to give them the code. Please let me know if anyone can help! I'll pm the person with my IMEI if needed for the unlocking. Thanks for the great site!
    09-08-11 09:38 AM
    You will need to order an unlocking code from an unlocking website.
    09-08-11 09:55 AM
    Thanks, I have just placed my order at unlockthatphone.com I hope the site will legitimately give me the unlocking code.
    09-08-11 10:33 AM
    Hey, so I got my code from unlockthatphone.com but when I follow the attached video ( ), I cant access the MEP code input box by typing in mep2...Nothing happens on my cell. After typing in mepd to gain access to the "Identity and Associations" screen, I have the following displayed:
    Personalisation
    Sim Disabled
    Network: Blocked
    Network Subset Disabled
    Network Provider: Disabled
    Corporate: Disabled

Please let me know what might be wrong! Thanks!
    09-08-11 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD