i deactivated my bbm plan for a month.i decided to use my fone a regular call/text fone.i am being charged for no reason.i didnt even use the internet or download anything.still my prepaid credit keeps decreasing every 2 mintues.can some1 please help me
    08-16-11 09:23 AM
    If you are seeing unexpected charges I would contact your carrier to find out what the charges are for.

Have you made sure there are no apps active from when you had BB plan active?
    08-16-11 10:21 AM
    i have a couple of games.which i play even now.apart from that utilities which i dont use.
    vodafone customer care in my city has a bunch of loosers who dont know ****!
    08-16-11 10:51 AM
    Are those games paid for? Or are they "free" and sponsored by adverts?

If they are advert sponsored games, you may well be seeing a charge when they are logging in and downloading today's set of adverts to show you.

Go through the apps you have and work out which ones need to go online. (i.e. applications checking the weather, stock quotes, etc)
    08-16-11 11:05 AM
    Are those games paid for? Or are they "free" and sponsored by adverts?

If they are advert sponsored games, you may well be seeing a charge when they are logging in and downloading today's set of adverts to show you.

Go through the apps you have and work out which ones need to go online. (i.e. applications checking the weather, stock quotes, etc)
    BlackBerrys don't work like normal phones. They connect to the RIM infrastructure

Without BIS a BB cannot reach the internet.

As everything goes through RIM"s servers it should not work without the BIS add on.

The apps will just fail an update/refresh

I would also suggest speaking to your carrier OP

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jono212; 08-16-11 at 12:24 PM.
    08-16-11 12:19 PM
    Without BIS a BB cannot reach the internet.

As everything goes through RIM"s servers it should not work without the BIS add on.

The apps will just fail an update/refresh

I would also suggest speaking to your carrier OP
    This is not true. GSM devices can still use WAP to access the internet.
    08-16-11 12:24 PM
    This is not true. GSM devices can still use WAP to access the internet.

Fair enough point did not think of that however I have tried to use a sim with a normal dataplan on before and it has always failed even just trying to update the time or weather for instance and think the BB is an exception to this rule

But..

I agree with what your saying though I will say no more

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jono212; 08-16-11 at 12:32 PM.
    08-16-11 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD