My bold is currently all black, I call it Darth Vader. I have grown tired of it quickly, so as the #1 Longhorn fan in the land, I will attempt to build a University of Texas BlackBerry Bold.

I just ordered the parts from colorwarepc, the bezel, bottom, back and camera bezel all in metallic hybrid which is the closest to burnt orange they offer. I'm keeping the red numeric keyboard and black trackball. My wallpaper matches my avatar so it should be interesting. I don't know what they do about the buttons but I have a set of glossy black buttons ready to step in. I'll post up some pics when it is all done.
    Last edited by LordRasta; 06-05-09 at 06:07 PM.
    05-30-09 10:59 PM
    sell me your black bezel, go longhorns!
    05-31-09 12:38 PM
    Wow. I don't know if I'd be down for that!!! Hahahaha sorry!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 09:54 PM
    Can't wait to see it I always love the customs...
    05-31-09 10:39 PM
    This is what I'm looking at:

ColorWare - BlackBerry Bold

I want to keep my T-Mobile branded bottom cover and black case-mate backpack. I'm trying to strike a nice balance between black and burnt orange. Colorware said the buttons will be chrome so I will replace them with black glossy like in the pic. Since I also use the case-mate fuel, I need the charging contacts to stay chrome.
    Last edited by LordRasta; 06-01-09 at 08:53 PM.
    06-01-09 08:08 PM
    Billy is gonna love this...
    06-01-09 08:21 PM
    Program your phone to bum change and release noxious odors you can call it a "Dragworm Special"

Seriously, it looks like it'll be sharp when it's done.

Hook'em!

UT Class of 1986
    TexasExes Life Member
    06-01-09 08:24 PM
    Billy is gonna love this...
    Who's Billy? He must be the #2 Longhorns fan in the land cause I'm #1! I drank a beer with Vince Young once at a bowling alley in Austin after they won the National Championship. If you could only see the women hanging around him.....made my old eyes well up....
    06-01-09 08:26 PM
    Gig 'Em Aggies!
    06-01-09 08:28 PM
    Gig 'Em Aggies!
    At least you're not a Sooner. I'll put Bevo up against the Schooner any day of the week.
    06-01-09 08:32 PM
    Hey LordRasta,

If you're interested, here's a cool pic of the Tower taken from the East Mall at sunset that I have as wallpaper on one of my phones & my pc's.
    06-01-09 08:40 PM
    Hey LordRasta,

If you're interested, here's a cool pic of the Tower taken from the East Mall at sunset that I have as wallpaper on one of my phones & my pc's.
    Very cool! Thanks buddy. I'll put this on the iPhone.
    06-01-09 08:42 PM
    Gig 'Em Aggies!
    Hey Tech-Medic

Are you another Texan stuck in Ohio? If so, I figure even if you're an Aggie, we're all brother Texans north of the Red and east of the Sabine. I, myself, am stuck near Cleveland until I can find a job back home in Houston.
    06-01-09 08:44 PM
    Who's Billy? He must be the #2 Longhorns fan in the land cause I'm #1! I drank a beer with Vince Young once at a bowling alley in Austin after they won the National Championship. If you could only see the women hanging around him.....made my old eyes well up....
    Billy is user BT224
    06-01-09 08:52 PM
    The busboys at Matt's or Chuy's can do a better job, and they'll know exactly what you want.
    06-02-09 07:10 AM
    The busboys at Matt's or Chuy's can do a better job, and they'll know exactly what you want.
    hmmmmmm....Chuy's.... I was at Chuy's the night in question when the Bush sisters got in trouble for drinking. I was too busy drinking to see what they were doing and the Secret Service was freaking me out.
    06-02-09 07:15 AM
    hmmmmmm....Chuy's.... I was at Chuy's the night in question when the Bush sisters got in trouble for drinking. I was too busy drinking to see what they were doing and the Secret Service was freaking me out.
    Well, I have at least 20 yrs on you then. We used to work the press plane when Reagan came into Dallas NAS. The head of the SS detail told us not to move fast while on the tarmac because the Marines would just love for a reason to shoot one of us long hairs. Decent guy, funny as ****, and yes, they freak you out. Those boys do not play around.
    06-02-09 07:21 AM
    Speaking of Austin Tex-Mex: Anyone remember Jorge's margaritas?

Other dining & drinking institutions: Beans, The Stallion, Kerbey Lane, Katz

Great, now I'm not just old, I'm hungry too........
    06-02-09 07:34 AM
    I was more of a Liberty Lunch, Continental, and Stubb's guy.
    06-02-09 08:00 AM
    I was more of a Liberty Lunch, Continental, and Stubb's guy.
    Stubbs rocks, but Kerbey Lane is a must for breakfast.
    06-02-09 09:04 AM
    I need to see this, as a current UT student- and the real number one fan in longhorn land!

06-02-09 11:13 AM
    I need to see this, as a current UT student- and the real number one fan in longhorn land!

Shouldn't you be in class? Or on 6th Street? You think this is close enough?

ColorWare - BlackBerry Bold
    06-02-09 12:01 PM
    Looks more like the okie state cowboys to me colorware should come out with custom NCAA designs. Talk about a money maker

06-02-09 06:32 PM
    Looks more like the okie state cowboys to me colorware should come out with custom NCAA designs. Talk about a money maker

The problem is it would be a moneymaker so the NCAA would want the biggest piece of that pie.
    06-02-09 07:01 PM
    .....Speaking of pie... But anyways I just got a blacked bold with a burnt orange trackball

06-02-09 10:27 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD