Hi I'm new to these forums, and need help with a new problem I have encountered on my phone.

Universal search doesn't seem to work anymore, I have changed the search options and ticked all of them, yet when I search for things, the only options that come up are:
    Search BB app world
    Search Poynt
    Search Facebook and
    Search Google

This comes up even if I try searching for a contact even, so any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance, R

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-11 09:27 AM
    I was having an issue with universal search on OS .285, sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't and sometimes it would only search certain things. I updated to leaked OS .480 last week and have had no issues with universal search. Everything seems to be working fine. I am not very familiar with OS 6, so maybe there is a different solution that someone else could recommend, but updating to .480 fixed it for me (as well as other issues).
    03-07-11 01:14 PM
    Yup, had this problem too the first time I got my phone. I immediately thought it was an OS bug. Updating to a different OS fixed it for me too.
    03-07-11 06:57 PM
    Currently i m running OS .480 operating system and i don't encounter such issue now. In fact I had same problem with this OS but i went to a shop and an expert fixed my phone. Ever since i am enjoying my blackberry.
    03-08-11 02:08 AM
    From the home screen press menu--->options. Make sure the "launch by" is set to universal search. I'm on the stock os that launched with the T-Mobile 9780 and have had no issues with universal search.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 08:45 AM
    Hi I'm new to these forums, and need help with a new problem I have encountered on my phone.
    I had same problem after I changed my theme (create by me).
    07-02-11 01:17 PM
    I just found out that the changes of the color/image "caret" in "Search Field" make the universal search doesn't work (in Theme Builder)
    07-02-11 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD