I'm on 7.1.391 as well. Perhaps its just this build....
    Yup, Its so annoying
    Does RIM seriously test out their OS before just throwing it away to carriers...
    Nokia test their phones like! as its meant to be tested
    05-25-12 12:40 PM
    Is everyone sure they aren't hitting the space twice?
    05-25-12 12:54 PM
    Is everyone sure they aren't hitting the space twice?
    Well trust me, we only hit it once, why would we twice and it wasn't in earlier OS 7.1 just it started recently in a few releases
    At least its not in .428 that i'm on
    05-25-12 12:55 PM
    I dunno maybe typing too fast and don't even realize you're doing it. But I guess not, just another RIM bug.
    05-25-12 12:58 PM
    I dunno maybe typing too fast and don't even realize you're doing it. But I guess not, just another RIM bug.
    I am on this phone from like over 4 months now, and i used to type very fast n it was fine on NORMAL n i changed setting to FAST and i didn't had that issue (i was on OS 7.0) so yeah its just a bug, but very annoying, I'm glad its gone
    05-25-12 12:59 PM
    Yeah, I wish we would get a leak for the 9850 to fix some of the bugs but it's the last one to get anything.
    05-25-12 01:02 PM
    Yeah, I wish we would get a leak for the 9850 to fix some of the bugs but it's the last one to get anything.
    Yeah and i wish 7.2 comes out n fix everything for us
    05-25-12 01:33 PM
    Could be just dumb luck but yesterday I upgraded my os from .391 to 437 and it haven't had the double period yet.

For now I'm glad its gone!
    05-26-12 06:52 AM
    Could be just dumb luck but yesterday I upgraded my os from .391 to 437 and it haven't had the double period yet.

For now I'm glad its gone!
    Thanks for shairing, I've noticed it that I just installed .428 n its back now! Before it wasn't n its same OS that I was on weird
    Please do us a favor, post review about .437
    I'll be thankful
    05-26-12 07:04 AM
    I had this problem a while back for a couple of months over several OS versions until I stumbled across a solution. This worked for me, and there's no guarantee it'll work for anyone else, but it's worth you all giving it a go.

You need to press down on your space bar quite hard...not hard to the point where you'll break it, obviously. But really rather firm, much more than you're used to. Press a thumb down hard on the left side of the bar, then the right, then the centre. Then press both thumbs down hard across the whole of the space bar.

I don't know why, but this just worked for me.
    05-27-12 06:14 PM
    I had this problem a while back for a couple of months over several OS versions until I stumbled across a solution. This worked for me, and there's no guarantee it'll work for anyone else, but it's worth you all giving it a go.

You need to press down on your space bar quite hard...not hard to the point where you'll break it, obviously. But really rather firm, much more than you're used to. Press a thumb down hard on the left side of the bar, then the right, then the centre. Then press both thumbs down hard across the whole of the space bar.

Thanks for shairing but its 2am here this notification woke me up, so I had this issue recently
    I'm on 9900/7.1.0.391 and all I did was few battery pulls and gone
    And I never had this on 7.0 but yeah its not keyboard for me I'm sure...just the OS 7.1 comes with tons of buggy features
    05-27-12 06:18 PM
    Thanks for shairing but its 2am here this notification woke me up, so I had this issue recently
    I'm on 9900/7.1.0.391 and all I did was few battery pulls and gone
    And I never had this on 7.0 but yeah its not keyboard for me I'm sure...just the OS 7.1 comes with tons of buggy features
    I'm glad you overcame the problem so easily . Hopefully it'll be that easy for others too, but for some, like myself previously, it's irritatingly persistent. This may be caused by all sorts of things, there may be multiple causes, some hardware and some software. Who knows. Hopefully we can add as many solutions as possible to this thread to provide lots of things for people to try. I hope mine works for some one anyway
    05-27-12 06:25 PM
    I'm glad you overcame the problem so easily . Hopefully it'll be that easy for others too, but for some, like myself previously, it's irritatingly persistent. This may be caused by all sorts of things, there may be multiple causes, some hardware and some software. Who knows. Hopefully we can add as many solutions as possible to this thread to provide lots of things for people to try. I hope mine works for some one anyway
    Yes exactly
    05-27-12 06:29 PM
    I installed .428, has happened only twice now and I'm sure it was my own fault. In .391 it happened like every 5th word.
    05-28-12 01:04 AM
    This issue isn't exclusive to 7.1. I am still running 7.0 and suffer from this affliction as well. It is rather annoying. I had no issues until about two months ago and I have had this phone since launch.
    06-17-12 07:06 AM
    lmao omg same!! i was like why is this thread here
    I completely missed that but thanks for pointing it out hahaha
    06-17-12 07:24 AM
    Yep. As stated earlier in this thread, it's happening at approximately 6 months after purchase to some of us. It's surely a hardware issue.
    06-17-12 07:26 AM
    If you're having unexplained periods, shouldn't you be posting about that on the gynecology forum? LOL
    06-17-12 09:50 PM
    If you're having unexplained periods, shouldn't you be posting about that on the gynecology forum? LOL
    crack yourself up much? lol..

having the problem on a vzw running .342..keeping an eye on this thread..
    06-18-12 01:23 AM
    I too have had this issue for a while and I have tried all the 7.1 updates with no success. I have come to the conclusion that it IS hardware related.

I finally broke down and handed my 9900 in at a Vodacom outlet on saturday. I explained the problem to the consultant and he said their tech will look at it today. But it sounds to him like it is hardware and for that they will probably send it to RIM.

Apparently in his experience RIM replaces the unit with a refurb unit when it suffers hardware issues.

So.... Here's me hoping they do switch my 9900 out with a refurb with no issues and preferably not from Mexico 4 and maybe I won't have the flaking silver paint and keys wearing so fast...
    Last edited by LlewKen; 06-18-12 at 02:15 AM.
    06-18-12 02:12 AM

This worked for me too!thanks VZW 9930 v 7.1.0.342
    06-20-12 12:37 AM
    So Vodacom phoned me now to say my phone was repaired by loading software on it. I seriously doubt the problem has been resolved.

When I do go to fetch it I'll tell the consultant before accepting the phone that I have tried all the versions of available software for the 9900 and that .342 was on the phone when I dropped it off and if the same version is still on the phone when I turn it on before leaving the store, he can shove it where the sun don't shine.

My reason is that .342 is the "official" version in S.A. so I think that will be what they loaded. I may not be a rocket scientist but I'm far from being technologically inhept or a total ******.

So more fuel wasting, up and down as I have a feeling I'll be taking it back very soon.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

There's my rant
    06-26-12 06:07 AM

This IS weird but it works! Thank you for this fix. I've had it working for a month now.
    07-03-12 05:25 PM
    Not a hardware issue for certain, dirty oily fingers, nothing to do with quality control, unavoidable with a phisical keyboard. I'm a mechanic, work on cars all day and use my 9900 with dirty fingers. I hold mine almost vertical when I type so most of the dirt and oil make their way down to the bottom of the keyboard, people that use theirs horizontally when they type get problems with other keys too, it used to happen with my old curve too, but with all the keys and not just the spacebar. On the curve I had to take the keyboard appart and clean it, with the new bold it's a lot easier, I just take a microfiber cloth, soak a corner of it in windex, thorughly wipe the bottom of the keyboard until foam forms on the bottom row of the keys, then take the dry side of the cloth and wipe it off until dry. Usually that fixes it right away for a few months or so, I avoid cleaning it that way until I notice my unaxplained periods return. Just avoid using your blackberry with dirty hands and it won't happen at all, it was never designed for that, or every now and then clean it thorughly using the above mentioned method.
    07-22-12 09:02 AM
    By any chance, does anybody have their 'Key Rate' set to Fast? I did & I think that might be the culprit.....at least for me.
    07-22-12 09:09 AM
132 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD