I didn't know that bb's have periods,does that mean we can't use them for 30 days?
    04-18-12 06:52 PM
    ...iawra, was going to change their keyboard and that will be the deciding factor if they can post back the results.
    Keyboard is on the way, as soon as it arrive I will post the results.
    04-19-12 02:51 AM
    In my case, I have to send it back to Germany and wait for the supplier to decide if they refund or further send it to get repaired. How much time would be this, at least a month. I can’t live that long without a blackberry, and since I gifted the old ones, I decided to void the warranty and replace the keyboard by my own. I don’t have the new keyboard yet, but I already disassemble it to clean the dust between screen layers using a compressed air spray.
    Replacing the keyboard only is a relatively easy thing to do, and you don’t have to tear apart all the phone. There are very good videos on youtube that explain how to do it.
    Meanwhile, in my case, setting it to the slowest type rate seams that it has helped a little.
    04-19-12 03:28 AM
    RIM is having QC issues with this phone... I never came across this problem so far and I hope I never will. Because many users posted that they all having the problem even with different OS versions, it sounds like a hardware problem.

Oh and... First I thought you guys were talking about a different kind of unexpected periods
    04-19-12 05:59 AM
    I called Tmo today and should have a replacement tomorrow. After the 9780 I have no patience for this sort of thing. I want this phone in top form, at least during the one-year warranty period.
    04-19-12 05:39 PM
    For those of you experiencing this issue as I was, I loaded .342 through Desktop Manager and this issue for me has now been resolved. Hope this helps!
    04-23-12 09:51 AM
    I seem to have caught this issue. Have noticed a few random periods being inserted during BBM conversations. Will keep an eye on it. If it continues, I'll be calling Rogers to get a replacement/fix asap. Frig.
    05-22-12 08:23 AM
    Woooo the title of this thread scared me for a minute LOL.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-22-12 09:20 AM
    Dangit!! Each time I get the urge to make a move back to BlackBerry...to the 9900, in particular, I see threads like this one and the one about "face dialing" and remember some of the things that absolutely pissed me off about the 9900 and caused me to drop it and go back to the iPhone, even though it's far from perfect! I've had three 9900's and they have all exibited these problems...so I doubt any exchange is going to be sufficient.

Issues like this, especially coming from a company that built the excellent 8300/8310, 9000 & 9700 devices are just inexcusable...especially when this beautiful phone is called the "flagship" device. RIM has surely dropped the ball.

Guess I'll stay put.
    05-22-12 10:55 AM
    I have to agree, the issues and problems with this device shouldn't be happening with their 'Flagship' units.

I hope they get their stuff together soon. Before BB10 anyways.
    05-22-12 11:07 AM
    It's happening to me also. EXTREMELY frustrating. I started seeing this around the 6 month mark and now I'm into 8 months and it happens ALL the time, about every 4-5 words.
    05-23-12 05:09 PM
    In other industries, like the automotive, a robot arm opens and closes a car door until it brakes, it�s called quality control. What is going on with RIM QC?
    It�s obvious that a full keyboard phone has more weak points than a full tactile phone without buttons, but I�m asking for at least 2 years of heavy use, is that so much to ask?
    05-24-12 05:10 AM
    I have the same issue, I too thought I was typing too fast. It's just strange that it started only after going to 7.1.0.342. i'm on 7.1.0.391 now and it persists. I would have gone back to 7.0.0.585 to try fix this but as others have stated, it doesn't work.

As much as I hate to admit it, I should have stuck with iPhone.
    05-24-12 06:51 AM
    This started to happen to me the other day, so annoying. I got a warranty replacement and problem is fixed now. It was not an OS bug. I think i'm on my 3rd 9930? lol
    Last edited by manofice; 05-24-12 at 07:17 AM.
    05-24-12 07:13 AM
    I had this problem too.. somehow I just wet a tissue and wipe it over my keyboard, and everythings fixed now

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-24-12 08:36 AM
    I was having this problem and I seem to have fixed it...for now anyway...it has been three weeks since my last unexplained period!

What I did was remove all unused apps and clean the memory. I think the issue is largely the result of a slight 'hiccup' or 'stalling' of the system when it is under heavy load (lots of apps running in back-ground, hadn't been reset in a long time, etc.). Anyway, I have gradually reinstalled various apps and have not had this problem since...until I installed Twitter, then it started up again. Being that I don't really use Twitter, this is a non-issue for me. However, this is probably an issue they should look into because I guess it is a pretty popular app.

No guarantees, but it is at least this something you can try if you don't want to go through the arduous process of replacing your phone...worked for me.
    05-24-12 11:58 AM
    Holy eff this has been happening to me in the past few weeks too! But it is also happening with other letters too.

I have been using a bb for a long time, and this just started recently.

Very frustrating!!
    05-24-12 05:37 PM
    Ok, so last night I re-installed 7.0.0.585 and since then I have had no unexplained .'s.

What I just thought of now is that even though I use BB BOSS to shrink the OS and remove all clutter (incl. TWITTER), when I install 7.1.0.391 twitter is still there and all I can do is hide the icon as I don't use it. So assuming the previous post is correct, that twitter is the culprit, that would explain why I get the unexplained . when I have 7.1 installed.

Makes me wonder....
    linuxbbm likes this.
    05-25-12 02:15 AM
    Seriously i never had this on OS 7.0
    But this is annoying when i haven't even changed any of the keyboard setting, anyways, I will check the setting again but its fixed for now tho...and i always had my keyboard at FAST so, and when in one of the OS i tried even on NORMAL keyboard setting i was facing this, i doubt my keyboard once!, thanks for this thread.
    05-25-12 02:41 AM
    Ok, so last night I re-installed 7.0.0.585 and since then I have had no unexplained .'s.

What I just thought of now is that even though I use BB BOSS to shrink the OS and remove all clutter (incl. TWITTER), when I install 7.1.0.391 twitter is still there and all I can do is hide the icon as I don't use it. So assuming the previous post is correct, that twitter is the culprit, that would explain why I get the unexplained . when I have 7.1 installed.

Makes me wonder....
    That's what happened to me too!, I'm on 7.1.0.428 now and as far as i remember its gone now
    05-25-12 02:43 AM
    That's what happened to me too!, I'm on 7.1.0.428 now and as far as i remember its gone now
    So, you are saying that .428 you do not have the issue?
    05-25-12 03:04 AM
    So, you are saying that .428 you do not have the issue?
    Well not really, Not anymore, I was thinking its the keyboard (hardwares) fault but luckily it wasn't cause it was my new phone, i mean this is a issue in a few recent release, I tried all the settings i could and we all know a clean install comes with default settings already

So yeah try this, At least for me youtube app works fine cause i was having trouble in about every 7.1 OS released by any carrier.
    I'm just glad that unexpected period just is gone for good.
    05-25-12 03:10 AM
    Thanks Linux, I'll give it a try.
    05-25-12 03:29 AM
    Thanks Linux, I'll give it a try.
    All right, I'm wondering when will RIM release something like OS 7.2.x.xxx which fix all these issues on 7.1
    05-25-12 04:31 AM
    I'm on 7.1.391 as well. Perhaps its just this build....
    05-25-12 12:08 PM
132 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD