I know there's a thread called "9930 is underpowered & more expensive than the EVO 3D?". But that one turned into a whinefest about who can get the 9900 cheaper.

I'm just talking about being underpowered in general. The nerve of RIM! To release a poultry 1.2ghz single-core processor. To call OS 6.1 OS7! No autofocus! No apps! The nerve of them!

Well...

Since I'm on Sprint, I still need to wait until the 21st for their launch. I'm still deciding whether to upgrade from my Bold 9650. Is an upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1 worth it? The answer, right now for me, is that I don't know.

However...

I've been doing a lot of reading and have been watching some videos. There are 2 in particular that I think answer the question for me.

The first one is a . My disclaimer here is that on my 9650, the 'free' version is a read only version. My Playbook has read/write. My issue with Docs to Go on the Playbook is that I keep wishing I had a trackpad for precision in positioning the cursor for selecting. Docs to Go on the 9900 has the keyboard and trackpad of my 9900 and the speed and laglessness (new word?) of my Playbook!

The second one is a that shows the browser renedering the mobile CB site, and Kevin's unboxing video on Youtube. They all run very smoothly. Then he does a camera test. He does a quick multi-shot series of 5 or 6 shots and there is no lag between pressing the shutter and the picture taking. There is also no noticible lag between shots. He just fires them off. But the best part of this video is at the end. He goes into app world into his uninstalled apps tab and starts tapping away at apps to reinstall. At one point, he's got 3 apps downloading simultaneously while still switching back and forth from uninstalled to downloading. And NO Hourglass!

If you're a BB person in terms of how you want your mobile device to function, and you have doubts about how significant the bump from 9650 to 9930 is and if it's worth it, then check out these videos.
    08-13-11 12:50 AM
    How can the 9900 download more than one file at the same time? Is this a new feature of OS 7?
    08-13-11 12:53 AM
    How can the 9900 download more than one file at the same time? Is this a new feature of OS 7?
    Wouldn't it moreso have to do with the processor?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 12:57 AM
    Wouldn't it moreso have to do with the processor?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I guess, but on the 9780 I don't think it was purely a processor thing as I could download something on AppWorld while downloading another app on the browser simultaneously, but the browser just wouldn't let you do more than one download (please correct me if I am wrong)
    08-13-11 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD