Does anyone else occasionally get these pop up alerts when you restart your phone? There's like 7 different ones that pop up and my about half of my icons are missing when this happens. So I just restart my phone again and it normally restarts as usual. I told my carrier about this and they really didn't have anything to say. Anyone else experienced this?
    07-08-09 11:12 AM
    I use to have the same problem exactly. Then I did an update of my OS and I dont get it anymore.
    What OS are you running?
    07-08-09 11:13 AM
    Sounds like a recently installed app or theme is causing this. Anything new?
    07-08-09 11:13 AM
    I use to have the same problem exactly. Then I did an update of my OS and I dont get it anymore.
    What OS are you running?
    Honestly, I don't know. I'm guessing the one that came with my bold, since I haven't updated that. I've had this bold for about 3 months.

Sounds like a recently installed app or theme is causing this. Anything new?
    Nope, had this issue since I got this bold, my first one died.
    07-08-09 11:15 AM
    Yea I had the Original OS to when i was getting that problem. I suggest you upgrade to .282 (rogers) or .266 I tried both and they where good for me
    07-08-09 11:22 AM
    i had the same problem a few days ago, a battery pull fixed it.. i thought i killed my cell..lol
    07-08-09 11:22 AM
    Yep, could be a corrupted OS. As BB said, 282 and 266 are available. I have however observed a few issues for some people with both builds. If you are in a strong 3G area, I would suggest 247. If you are in a weak 3G area, use 282 and take advantage of the ability to switch to 2G.
    07-08-09 11:24 AM
    Yep, could be a corrupted OS. As BB said, 282 and 266 are available. I have however observed a few issues for some people with both builds. If you are in a strong 3G area, I would suggest 247. If you are in a weak 3G area, use 282 and take advantage of the ability to switch to 2G.
    Normally I have pretty strong 3G, so I should go with 247? How do I go about getting this upgrade?
    07-08-09 11:27 AM
    i had the same problem a few days ago, a battery pull fixed it.. i thought i killed my cell..lol
    I use to get that problem when i was doing a BP. Then I had to do another one to get back some apps and rid of that Java error. The only thing that worked was an OS upgrade for me
    07-08-09 11:28 AM
    Normally I have pretty strong 3G, so I should go with 247? How do I go about getting this upgrade?
    Go to the site in my sig. Under Articles you'll find Proper Upgrade and Downgrade Procedure. Use the Advanced process. In Step 7 use Crackmem, no need to wipe the device for an upgrade. Under Hosted Files you'll find the OS's.
    07-08-09 11:31 AM
    Mine kept doing that with the os that came with my bold. Finally stopped when I upgraded.
    07-08-09 11:42 AM
    Too bad I'm still basically BB ******** and don't know how to upgrade.
    07-08-09 11:45 AM
    Too bad I'm still basically BB ******** and don't know how to upgrade.
    It's really easy. I did for my first time 2 weeks ago and since then 2 more times.
    07-08-09 12:15 PM
    Nevermind I retract that statement. Reread the instructions and it seems pretty easy.
    07-08-09 12:16 PM
    Nevermind I retract that statement. Reread the instructions and it seems pretty easy.
    Follow the directions, and be patient. It probably won't take it, but allow a couple of hours to do this.
    07-08-09 12:17 PM
    This is exactly what I did and everything when great

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A

Download device software from link above and save to your computer.

Double click the icon from the saved file and install to your computer.

Go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader and delete the Vendor.xml file.

While in the same directory as the Vendor.xml file, look for and then double click on the Loader.exe file.

Follow all of the prompts and install the new OS to your device. This process may take anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes.

DO NOT UNPLUG the device until the App Loader Wizard says "Loading Operation Successful".
    07-08-09 12:17 PM
    Mine does that once every 10 restarts. I just repull the battery until it works. It scared me the first time, but I got use to it.
    07-08-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD