Hey, im new in blackberry and i just got problem with my 9780 .
    i get this error massage and every time with other number in the ( ) .
    " uncaught exception application net_rim_bb_phone_app is not responding process terminated "

So i understand that i need to format and update the software but how to ?
    I need this noob guides ..
    Again, first time with blackberry.

My device is Blackberry Bold 9780 from AT&T but SIM Unlocked.
    If you need more information just ask.

Thank you very much
    Looking like a nice and professional community.
    Photo: (its the 9780 right? )
    ImageShack« - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    Last edited by yarin; 08-09-11 at 06:56 PM.
    08-09-11 06:54 PM
    Hello, and welcome to CrackBerry

Have you tried a battery pull?

With the phone switched on, remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, reinsert it and wait for the phone to reboot.

See if that cures it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yarin likes this.
    08-09-11 07:15 PM
    Welcome aboard! If the battery pull doesn't work, you can try to reload the OS. Here's a guide:
    Download OS to PC.
    Following download, install OS on PC. Follow on screen directions.
    On BB, go to BBM Options, Backup. Select Remote Backup and then Local Backup.
    Connect BB to PC. Open Desktop Manager and backup device. Close DM.
    On PC, go to
    Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file called Vendor.
    Run AppLoader (Research in Motion/AppLoader) to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions. Be sure to have PC plugged in to power source. Do not interrupt install process. Wait until BB restarts completely.
    Power up your BB and ensure that your apps are working. You may need to upgrade some apps (particularly BBM, as some OS versions contain old BBM versions). Enjoy!
    yarin likes this.
    08-09-11 07:21 PM
    This OS ? Official OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Bold 9780 and BlackBerry Pearl 3G from Vodafone | CrackBerry.com
    Its says vodafone, mine is at&t sim unlocked.

Or to update through http://us.blackberry.com/update/ ?

Any video guide for this? or any more detailed guide ? cause it look little complicated.
    Last edited by yarin; 08-10-11 at 03:45 AM.
    08-10-11 03:29 AM
    Hi Yarin, I would say first download the BlackBerry Desktop manager to backup all your important data once that is done go through this link, this will wipe the device completely and you would be able to fix it.

Link for assistance:- http://gsfn.us/t/2asni
    Last edited by mobibiz; 08-10-11 at 03:55 AM.
    yarin likes this.
    08-10-11 03:52 AM
    Updating the OS isn't wipe data too ?
    I have to Wipe before with this guide ?
    08-10-11 05:39 AM
    Back up with Desktop Manager and then go through the guide provided to install over your current OS would be my advice. You can use the link provided from vodafone. Just delete the vendor file as per the guide and it will not matter that it is not your carrier's approved OS.
    yarin likes this.
    08-10-11 08:13 AM
    Also, CrackBerry has a host of useful articles and videos on how to install and wipe OS, so if you're stuck you can read the articles and watch the videos and it will hopefully make sense. Go to the tab BlackBerry Help if you want to check it out.
    yarin likes this.
    08-10-11 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD