Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has tried to unbrand the bottom house cover of their bold.

Mainly what I'm wondering is if the ATT logo is painted on. Like if you successfully remove the logo, will the cover that the logo was above still be black. I think that's the best I can describe it.

I was thinking of using methanol (not ethanol) to remove the brand. I was cleaning a pocket knife with methanol the other day and it instantly removed the brand on the knife which is where I got the idea.

any thoughts?
    07-11-09 10:56 AM
    Mmmm, that might do some damage. Someone mentioned rubbing it with a sugar cube.
    07-11-09 11:01 AM
    The piece you speak of is separate. You can purchase that piece alone, or you can purchase a new housing that is unbranded. I suggest checking out HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center �
    07-11-09 11:02 AM
    replacing the piece is definitely better than trying to rub it off. no matter what you do i can't see how it wouldn't change the look of the bottom of the phone.
    07-11-09 11:18 AM
    They are right, you can replace the bezel with an unbranded bezel for very cheap. You don't want to damage your precious Bold. If you go to www cnn cn you will find one there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 07:33 PM
    the unbranded piece is like 5 bucks or something. just buy one and save yourself the hassle
    Last edited by nikolous; 07-13-09 at 10:43 PM.
    07-13-09 08:48 PM
    I replaced my bottom and the bezel the bottom part is easy to come off.
    07-13-09 09:22 PM
    On my HTC phones I removed the brandings with a nickel (but this branding was on a metal bezel).
    07-14-09 04:34 AM
    It is a cheap plastic and so I fear you will end up doing more damage using harsh solvents.

Better to just get an unbranded knockoff bottom piece from ebay or something.
    07-14-09 04:54 AM
    I just (like 5 minutes ago) replaced the bottom plate on my AT&T phone with an unbranded one I bought on cnn.cn for about $8.00. It was a piece of cake and took me about 45 seconds. Plus, I can keep old AT&T one in case I need to send the phone back to AT&T (again) for a warranty exchange.
    07-14-09 10:46 AM
    I just (like 5 minutes ago) replaced the bottom plate on my AT&T phone with an unbranded one I bought on cnn.cn for about $8.00. It was a piece of cake and took me about 45 seconds. Plus, I can keep old AT&T one in case I need to send the phone back to AT&T (again) for a warranty exchange.
    This required removing the bezel?
    07-14-09 11:59 AM
    I'm almost certain they snap on and snap off.
    07-14-09 12:03 PM
    It just snaps off. If you can find something thin enough (I used a funky paperclip that I had) you can pop it right off. I think a kitchen knife might work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD