Finally the day has come. Corp. rep called, offered to bring the Bold by the office sometime this week and I immediately offered to drop by and pick it up.

This unit came with leather sleeve, charging pod and then the usual paraphernalia.

Thought some of you might like to see the unboxing...

Here it is on it's way home:

Opening ceremony...

09-24-08 03:35 PM
    Here's the rest of the pics:

09-24-08 03:36 PM
    Congrats on your new toy!
    What OS did it arrive with?
    09-24-08 03:40 PM
    Congrats on your new toy!
    What OS did it arrive with?
    Good question as I was curious as well as to what it would arrive with. I mistakenly wrote 4.6.0.150 in my profile (which I have now corrected). It currently has and came with 4.6.0.125

I'm open to input as to which one I should safely upgrade to. 150?
    09-24-08 03:51 PM
    Good question as I was curious as well as to what it would arrive with. I mistakenly wrote 4.6.0.150 in my profile (which I have now corrected). It currently has and came with 4.6.0.125

I'm open to input as to which one I should safely upgrade to. 150?
    The current thought is to wait until 4.6.0.154 is available, which will hopefully be within the next few days, as we have been told that this is the version which will probably be used by AT&T when they do finally release the Bold.

But as always... things can of course change!
    09-24-08 04:24 PM
    Hm, i got my blackberry at the end of august and the box, along with the goodies inside are totally different. i didn't get a the docking station and instead of the sleeve, i was given the belt clip. Guess you win some and you lose some...
    09-24-08 04:32 PM
    So did Rogers customers get the charging pod in the box? No fair! :-(
    09-24-08 04:32 PM
    Looks as if you got the 'de-luxe' version!

Here in the UK we get the same type of sleeve, but no docking station.

It doesn't actually sound as if other Rogers customers receive the same as you either... or do they?
    09-24-08 04:38 PM
    I'd much rather have the sleeve than the holster case I got.

Congrats on the new Berry!
    09-24-08 04:52 PM
    Looks as if you got the 'de-luxe' version!

Here in the UK we get the same type of sleeve, but no docking station.

It doesn't actually sound as if other Rogers customers receive the same as you either... or do they?
    From having viewed Kevin's (CB Master) unboxing of a Rogers purchased Bold, I recall the contents were the belt clip holster (not the sleeve) and no charging pod. I had read on another forum where someone from Toronto had received theirs and it included a postcard that mentioned the box would include the Bluetooth to stereo cables conection unit (Remote Stereo Gateway), though they received the Charging pod instead. I'll be using the charge pod much more than I would the Remote Stereo Gateway anyways. Yes, the Launch give-aways seem to be different than the Canadian Rogers store boughts.

I'm still a happy camper.
    Last edited by PvT; 09-24-08 at 05:03 PM.
    09-24-08 05:00 PM
    I'm still a happy camper.
    I am sure you are... and so would I be if I had just been given a lovely new Bold!

Well done... and enjoy!

P.S. I'm just jealous!
    09-24-08 05:24 PM
    I'm gonna chat to my friend at RIM and see what I can 'blag'!
    09-24-08 06:16 PM
    whaaaaaaaat?! how come yours came with so much more shiznat?!?!?!
    i hate the stupid belt clip that mine came with.. i just bought a leather pocket two nights ago.
    09-24-08 06:29 PM
    how did u get that charging dock???

mine just came wit a wall charger and a belt clip case .... and the thing is so god dam big ... switching to a 8800 case
    09-24-08 07:12 PM
    whaaaaaaaat?! how come yours came with so much more shiznat?!?!?!
    i hate the stupid belt clip that mine came with.. i just bought a leather pocket two nights ago.
    how did u get that charging dock???

mine just came wit a wall charger and a belt clip case .... and the thing is so god dam big ... switching to a 8800 case
    This slim case looks nice, though I don't know if it has the Magnetic Sleeper hold like the RIM case does: Leather case for Blackberry Bold 9000,9100

Leather pda cases for your Blackberry Bold 9000,9100, Dual Design for Blackberry Bold 9000,9100, Glove Fit for Blackberry Bold 9000,9100, Lateral Pouch for Blackberry Bold 9000,9100, Open Face for Blackberry Bold 9000,9100, STiL Vertical Pouch for Bl

I should preface this thread by reinforcing that I do not want to create any sort of envy. Just trying to share my experience... as grateful and lucky as I am. I envied all of these Crackberry.com users for a year now. But OK I know your jealous, I would be too.

This Bold Box has a bit of a different mix than do the store-boughts, kind of a special corporate gift thingy. These launch parties, back in July, were hosted by Rogers and RIM. ie: Rim Roger's

Anyways, I guess all the invitees were corporate clients invited by their corporate reps. Our company has 30 cell phone users, 10 of which are Blackberries. That was our in. At the end of the evening, after music drinks, Bold demo stations and a DJ mixing tunes via two Bolds mounted on custom stands, an announcement was made "everyone gets a Bold". I was dumbfounded as well as very happy that I went.

I almost ordered a sleeve case and charger pod before this Bold arrived, knowing that it was not shipping with those items, glad I didn't. The sleeve case fits well in my jeans pocket. I'll maybe get the side (horizontal) belt clip pouch for business suit attire... maybe, not much of belt pack kinda guy myself. I did buy a Black rubber skin for it today as well, and will likely order some kind of screen protector film.
    09-24-08 08:13 PM
    This slim case looks nice, though I don't know if it has the Magnetic Sleeper hold like the RIM case does: Leather case for Blackberry Bold 9000,9100

Leather pda cases for your Blackberry Bold 9000,9100, Dual Design for Blackberry Bold 9000,9100, Glove Fit for Blackberry Bold 9000,9100, Lateral Pouch for Blackberry Bold 9000,9100, Open Face for Blackberry Bold 9000,9100, STiL Vertical Pouch for Bl

I should preface this thread by reinforcing that I do not want to create any sort of envy. Just trying to share my experience... as grateful and lucky as I am. I envied all of these Crackberry.com users for a year now. But OK I know your jealous, I would be too.

This Bold Box has a bit of a different mix than do the store-boughts, kind of a special corporate gift thingy. These launch parties, back in July, were hosted by Rogers and RIM. ie: Rim Roger's

Anyways, I guess all the invitees were corporate clients invited by their corporate reps. Our company has 30 cell phone users, 10 of which are Blackberries. That was our in. At the end of the evening, after music drinks, Bold demo stations and a DJ mixing tunes via two Bolds mounted on custom stands, an announcement was made "everyone gets a Bold". I was dumbfounded as well as very happy that I went.

I almost ordered a sleeve case and charger pod before this Bold arrived, knowing that it was not shipping with those items, glad I didn't. The sleeve case fits well in my jeans pocket. I'll maybe get the side (horizontal) belt clip pouch for business suit attire... maybe, not much of belt pack kinda guy myself. I did buy a Black rubber skin for it today as well, and will likely order some kind of screen protector film.
    That is ridiculously awesome!!! How do you go about getting an invite to a launch party?
    09-30-08 12:37 PM
    That is ridiculously awesome!!! How do you go about getting an invite to a launch party?
    Well... I heard there was another BB launch party, for another BB, tonight here in my hometown. Never got an invite this time around.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/rog...37/#post763911

Can never have too many free BB's
    09-30-08 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD