hey guys i have a bold 9700 i just upgraded from os5 to os 6 but i am facing a problem as i was using wifi only on os5 before but on os 6 i am unable to use wifi...it just sayd unable to connect please contact ur operator.as in os5 i changed some settings to use certain apps(facebook & whatsapp) and browser.so anyone out there got a solution to this problem.
    04-01-13 05:37 AM
    what settings did u change to get these apps to work? also if u were using BB Protect, your wifi profiles would have been backed up (if u did back them up) and would have been restored (along with contacts) when the app was re-installed. but it sounds to me like u don't have a BBID set up on ur BB. restoring service books from os5 to os6 is a bit tedious as they don't always work. my advice is to set up a BBID account (if u don't already have one) and get a BIS plan (BlackBerry data plan) instead of a generic one

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    04-01-13 06:44 AM
    i dont have a bbid and now i realise that i should have backed up my phone.......getting a plan is the only option left but the thing is that wifi should work regardless off bbid or a bis plan
    04-01-13 01:04 PM
    wifi will work yes but not for blackberry services (bbm, facebook, etc). setting up the BBID, using BB Protect, would have ensured that your wifi profiles would have been safe when u updated. the service books for the BB services need to be restored by the service provider. a workaround would be to get someone on the same provider to put their sim in your bb, just for the service books to register and then u put yours back in for use.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    04-02-13 09:59 AM