Hi All,

I'm running 7.1.0.649 on my 9930 (Verizon) and I'm unable to upgrade or downgrade it. My hope is that an upgrade will fix some of the bugs I'm experiencing (until BB10, of course). When I try to upgrade to 7.1.0.755 via the latest DM (wireless upgrade not found), the phone restarts mid-process (I can check the specific step, but it was something with the ROM), which causes the update to abort. I tried to downgrade to an earlier OS and experienced the same. I am on BES.

Does anyone have any suggestions work around this issue? Thanks!

Best regards,
    Brian
    12-26-12 08:12 PM
    have you tried using app loader
    12-26-12 08:24 PM
    have you deleted the vendore files???
    12-26-12 08:26 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I've tried deleting the vendor files, but this new version is from my carrier. I'm not sure if I tried the apploader, but would expect the same results. will try it though. thanks!
    12-26-12 08:43 PM
    no problem
    12-26-12 08:47 PM
    I would avoid Loader.exe since you're on BES. Activation won't be automatic. You'll need a password from the administrator.

I think your best solution, is to download and install the OS on the PC. A much better way to go than having Desktop run it through the web. Then it should recognize an upgrade is available, and install it on the phone.

Not sure what you mean by Desktop no seeing an upgrade, then the phone rebooting.
    12-26-12 11:24 PM
    I would avoid Loader.exe since you're on BES. Activation won't be automatic. You'll need a password from the administrator.

I think your best solution, is to download and install the OS on the PC. A much better way to go than having Desktop run it through the web. Then it should recognize an upgrade is available, and install it on the phone.

Not sure what you mean by Desktop no seeing an upgrade, then the phone rebooting.
    Thanks for the reply. . I downloaded the upgrade from verizon and installed on my PC. During the load process. My BB reboots causing the upgrade process to abort.

It is the wireless update that is not recognized, even though I'm with verizon (perhaps because I have a leak or because I'm on BES).
    12-27-12 05:55 AM
    The phone should reboot several times during the upgrade. What exactly is the error message?
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    12-27-12 06:31 AM
    Thanks for all of the replies. I just tried to upgrade again, but this time removed the vendor.xml file (even thought its a Verizon download and Verizon phone - I am coming from a non-Verizon version). I also did the backup as part of the upgrade (unlikely related).

Previously, my phone was rebooting when connecting to the ROM much too early in the process. This time, however, it actually worked!!! I don't know the exact cause, but would put my money on the vendor.xml. file. Thank you Crackberry!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-27-12 10:31 PM
    Honestly, as long as I've been doing this, and as many times as I've had issues, I've never been able to pinpoint cause or solution. Glad ya got it working!
    12-28-12 09:15 AM