Weird issue. I have searched for this kind of issue but didn't find anything so sorry if this is a repeat. I am unable to search through my messages for a specific message. I click search and the search never finishes. I need to create a backup, wipe the blackberry and then restore it and it will work for a few days and then stop again. AT&T just wants me to take it to a warranty center to get a replacement but is that my only option?!?!? HELP!
    06-16-09 08:18 AM
    try this... in the search window... instead of searching for something in the "Name:" or 'Subject:" field... try to search using the "Message:" field for a word you know for a fact exists in some message in your inbox..

Let me know if the search results comes up with something that way..
    i had the same problem when searching for anything other than the Message field
    06-16-09 11:00 AM
    Try doing a backup and then reinstall your os,sounds like something is a bit messed up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 01:29 PM
    try this... in the search window... instead of searching for something in the "Name:" or 'Subject:" field... try to search using the "Message:" field for a word you know for a fact exists in some message in your inbox..

Let me know if the search results comes up with something that way..
    i had the same problem when searching for anything other than the Message field
    That actually works its only when I search a specific name. I dont know what to do anymore its annoying because I have so much crap on it I got to search to find it.
    06-16-09 03:18 PM
    Try doing a backup and then reinstall your os,sounds like something is a bit messed up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thats my next step I just wanted to see if anyone has seen this before.
    06-16-09 03:18 PM
    If you already know who the message is to/from, highlight that person in the
    address book, hit menu and select activity log. You'll narrow it down right
    there.
    06-16-09 03:41 PM
    If you already know who the message is to/from, highlight that person in the
    address book, hit menu and select activity log. You'll narrow it down right
    there.
    That also doesn't complete. It just says "Searching.." never completes. Went to an AT&T device support center yesterday and they are blaming the software and are sending me a new phone
    06-17-09 07:11 AM
    That actually works its only when I search a specific name. I dont know what to do anymore its annoying because I have so much crap on it I got to search to find it.
    yeah i have the same problem too... it could be an OS problem so an update might be necessary
    06-17-09 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD