I was trying to setup a new email account and was in the Email Account Setup for OS6 when it prompted me to update the software for the Email Setup. When installing the updated software, I got a warning message saying a certain file was going to be overwritten which might cause the phone to not function properly. I declined at first and tried to do the email setup without updating but it would not allow me to bypass the update so i said ok. Now my phone boots into a list of my apps but the OS won't load itself. I can scroll through the apps but when i try to open one it say "Error starting net_rim_bb_file_explorer: Module'net_rim_bis_lib' not found."

Anyway I dont plan on resolving the issue but want to restore my phone to a back up. I tried connecting it to my desktop client and restoring it but it gave me some kind of unable to erase error. So I tried using Jl CMder to wipe it following this guide... How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

Jl Cmder was unable to wipe my phone so i tried this guide...
    What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

I was eventually able to get the phone connected to the Application Loader but it only allows me to add an app file. I have the BB OS 6 file downloaded from Tmobile but it wont let me add that.

Is there another way for me to wipe my phone and just install a fresh BB OS 6 on it? I don't care if it wont restore. I just want it to work again. Any ideas? Thanks!
    07-08-11 10:47 PM
    I was trying to setup a new email account and was in the Email Account Setup for OS6 when it prompted me to update the software for the Email Setup. When installing the updated software, I got a warning message saying a certain file was going to be overwritten which might cause the phone to not function properly. I declined at first and tried to do the email setup without updating but it would not allow me to bypass the update so i said ok. Now my phone boots into a list of my apps but the OS won't load itself. I can scroll through the apps but when i try to open one it say "Error starting net_rim_bb_file_explorer: Module'net_rim_bis_lib' not found."

Anyway I dont plan on resolving the issue but want to restore my phone to a back up. I tried connecting it to my desktop client and restoring it but it gave me some kind of unable to erase error. So I tried using Jl CMder to wipe it following this guide... How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

Jl Cmder was unable to wipe my phone so i tried this guide...
    What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

I was eventually able to get the phone connected to the Application Loader but it only allows me to add an app file. I have the BB OS 6 file downloaded from Tmobile but it wont let me add that.

Is there another way for me to wipe my phone and just install a fresh BB OS 6 on it? I don't care if it wont restore. I just want it to work again. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sorry to know that you also got the same problem I had before.

Have you tried using BBSAK to wipe?
    BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

I would suggest you to un-install the current OS in your PC, then download a fresh new updated version e.g. .570 or .576, installed it then load onto BB.

Keep your fingers crossed, buddy!
    Wish you luck!

07-09-11 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD