Hello

I am using IE to download maps from the blackberry website. I am using IE because it does not like netscape. I am getting the following error:

Unable to create the loader Active X Control
    Please review your security settings and user privileges on this machine.

I am not familiar enough with IE to fix this. Can someone assist?

Andrew
    12-18-09 12:47 AM
    Hello

I am using IE to download maps from the blackberry website. I am using IE because it does not like netscape. I am getting the following error:

Unable to create the loader Active X Control
    Please review your security settings and user privileges on this machine.

I am not familiar enough with IE to fix this. Can someone assist?

Andrew

Umm sure but this is not a PC help form. For IE go to Tools/Internet Options.
    Click on the Security Tab, move your slider down to Medium protection and uncheck Enable protected mode. restart IE and then go for it.

Your browser security level is blocking 3rd party Active X
    12-18-09 01:00 AM
    I do not see the enable protected mode - what version of IE are you running?
    12-18-09 09:04 PM
    Why not just download it OTA?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 09:55 PM
    What is OTA?
    12-19-09 01:21 AM
    What is OTA?
    Oh boy.... OTA stands for Over-The-Air which is how much of Blackberry downloads programs and applications for use. This is done via the Blackberry Data Plan which you need to run Blackberry Maps. If you are missing Blackberry Maps, using DM or Desktop Manager would be the best way to re-install. Since it's a little hard to explain in this forum, here is a link to have it sent to your email for download.
    12-19-09 02:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD