I use Microsoft Outlook to manage my business emails, calendar, tasks, and memo's. I have a gmail account that I like to monitor for personal emails. I have added my gmail account to my unit. I do not need to send or receive business emails from my unit, but I do need my calendar, tasks, and memo's. When I added my gmail account, I could no longer create appointments on my unit for the default (outlook) calendar. It always creates them for the gmail account. I need to change my cical to default, but I can't. The dropdown for the CICAL only shows my gmail address. Does anyone know how I can set this up properly.

Thanks,
    Greg
    03-02-11 10:40 AM
    I have to delete the email/CICAL line in my service books. You will need to do this EACH TIME you have service books sent to your device. This will make it all go to default only.

Without doing this I was getting calendar entries in two different calendars.
    empeyg likes this.
    03-02-11 11:56 AM
    Thank you. I've been asking for a solution now for two weeks on several different forums and you've been the first to provide an answer that works.

I went into my service book and deleted the gmail CICAL entry. I could then create an entry for Outlook Calendar. YES!!!! Now the only problem is that I can't include any attendee's to the appointment.

My Windows Mobile allowed me to do this. Upon synching it would then send the meeting requests.

TIA,
    Greg
    03-02-11 12:13 PM
    Glad I could help with the one thing. It drove me crazy for weeks and I had to figure it out for myself.
    empeyg likes this.
    03-02-11 12:28 PM
    I followed the thread and deleted CICAL records in Service Books.
    BB Calendar now has one calndar only and no option to switch between.
    In Device, Advanced, Deafautl Settings there is now no entry for Calendar . . . .
    When I try to sync with Outlook on my PC, the calendar appointments go from Outlook to BB, but not from BB to Outlook.

Can anyone help with that, please ?
    08-06-11 12:29 PM
    It sync OK from Outlook to the BB, but not from BB to Outlook.
    Each time I sync, ALL the Outlook Calendar appointments are selected and updated to BB . . . . . no new of changed appointments in BB are picked up and copied to Outlook.
    Can anyone help with this one, please ?
    08-06-11 12:48 PM
    I wish I could help you more. The reason I have to delete the email/CICAL is when I sync date from my BB to OutLook it would not include all the entries. After this deletion, it does.
    08-06-11 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD