So a couple of weeks ago the charging port on my 9900 came loose and I sent it to someone to have it repaired. I received a message from the technician saying the phone was stuck in an infinite reboot loop and it was impossible to fix, so I got the phone back and didn't end up paying for the repairs.

I came on here to look for some sort of solution and I've done just about everything to fix it so far. I've made some headway, for example now when I plug it in (with and without battery) the phone is recognised by the desktop manager/software and the apploader (even though it connects/disconnects a bunch of times whilst you're in any of the programs).

When I run the latest desktop software from the blackberry website, my phone is recognized and it gives me the retry/update/cancel popup.
    I click update and it goes through the usual before coming to a screen that says
    An updated BlackBerry Desktop Software component must be installed before you can continue.
    I click install and a popup asking to restart my PC shows up, so I click Yes.
    When my PC has restarted none of the software will recognize my phone.

Any help would be appreciated, going mental without a phone.
    Let me know if you need any more information.

Cheers in advance
    11-04-13 08:31 PM
    So your desktop computer has the updated software for your phone installed? But your phone is not erecognized because of the bad USB port? Is it possible to hold the cable in there long enough to have the desktop recognize it and copy over the software?

You have the correct version for your phone? And you have installed and rebooted your PC? and when plugged in the phone isn't recognized?Is there anyway to get a replacement phone with a properly working USB port??
    11-05-13 05:10 AM
    So your desktop computer has the updated software for your phone installed? But your phone is not erecognized because of the bad USB port? Is it possible to hold the cable in there long enough to have the desktop recognize it and copy over the software?

You have the correct version for your phone? And you have installed and rebooted your PC? and when plugged in the phone isn't recognized?Is there anyway to get a replacement phone with a properly working USB port??
    The USB port has been replaced, the blackberry desktop software I downloaded from the website worked and recognized the phone, and gave me the options to update. Mid-way through I was told it needed to update a component of the desktop software, but after installing the updated component it no longer recognizes my phone.
    11-05-13 11:56 AM
    Im having the same problem, i have spent last 3 hours trying to find the problem. i have tried disabling firewall and antivirus, i have run as administrator, re installed desktop software about 10 times, made sure mass storage is on, really am stuck. seems to be a fault at blackberrys end. update obviously isnt complete, either that or the update is designed for bb10 phones or something.
    11-05-13 04:35 PM
    I'm having the same issue, using build 42, the latest Desktop Software.

After installing that irritating component, it ruins my Device Manager.

I tried uninstalling a few times, and then decided to try out build 35 - same issue - asks to install the component, restart my PC - and once it does that - Device Manager is a cabbage.

Terrible and typical Blackberry.

This is why Blackberry is a joke.
    11-06-13 02:38 PM