Dear Friends,

I m new on this forum...yesterday i bought new BB 9790 Bold....it's so comfortable to handle & easy to use.
    but i am facing a problem. i am unable to activate my gmail account on BB 9790 bold.

first time i bought blackberry phone......

any idea (Please).....????
    12-18-11 03:04 AM
    whats the error you got ??, have you got BIS activated on your device
    12-18-11 04:10 AM
    whats the error you got ??, have you got BIS activated on your device
    What is BIS?
    12-19-11 11:41 PM
    BlackBerry Internet Service

Login into your carrier's BIS site and try from there...

If anything, reset your gmail pass and try again,
    12-20-11 12:12 AM
    If you don't have a Blackberry data plan then you will need it to have a BIS account, you can get it from your carrier.
    12-20-11 04:22 AM
    ok...will try.....

thnx in advance
    12-20-11 10:46 PM
    I have same problem, the site Gmail does not work for me.
    12-22-11 03:16 PM
    Do you have a Blackberry data plan?
    12-22-11 03:59 PM
    My Gmail account works fine. Do you have any other accounts on your phone and are they working? As others have said you need a BIS data plan for email and bbm etc.. To work. When you bought the phone did you sing up for a new plan? If so I'm sure they would have set you up with a BIS plan. If you just bought it outright and brought it home and just popped you already activated SIM in it then no, your mail won't work. You'll have to get a BIS plan through your carrier.
    12-22-11 07:30 PM
    If you have BIS and are having issues with email or browser, one thing you want to try is to refresh your bb service - go to option-device-advanced system setting-host routing table-press menu and hit register now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    12-23-11 05:12 AM
    Do you have a Blackberry data plan?
    Yes, I have data plan. I moved from 9900 (did not like the size) and Gmail app installed on 9900 without any problems.The app is from Gmail and I have been using it for last 3yrs with no problems. I can only Gmail from browsers and thats not good as I have 3 gmail IDs I think it 9790 OS that has an issue, hope it gets fixed soon.
    12-28-11 10:53 AM
    FWIW, I'm also having problems getting a Gmail account to register on my 9900. I am getting a message that I need to go to Gmail and enable IMAP, which I have because I use the same account successfully in Outlook, then come back to the BB and validate the account. Have tried many times. The account itself isn't a primary one but still I'd like to try to figure out why it's not working. I do have BIS and other accounts are set up fine (Yahoo, etc.).
    12-28-11 11:04 AM
    FWIW, I'm also having problems getting a Gmail account to register on my 9900. I am getting a message that I need to go to Gmail and enable IMAP, which I have because I use the same account successfully in Outlook, then come back to the BB and validate the account. Have tried many times. The account itself isn't a primary one but still I'd like to try to figure out why it's not working. I do have BIS and other accounts are set up fine (Yahoo, etc.).
    On 9900 had no problems, went to m.google.ca/mail and installed the app/plugin from there. But from 9790 it gives browser mobile version which is slow and does not give access to multiple accounts. I am sure there is a fix. Whatsapp did not workon 9790 until I installed the Beta version.
    12-28-11 11:16 AM
    Unfortunately Google has pulled the Gmail app for the BlackBerry from their website (it is, however, available for iOS and Android). I should have downloaded it earlier, but it's no longer available. I do have it on some of my older BBs and like it, as you can bypass the BB inbox for these accounts.
    Last edited by andy957; 12-28-11 at 12:30 PM.
    12-28-11 11:48 AM
    Unfortunately Google has pulled the Gmail app for the BlackBerry from their website (it is, however, available for iOS and Android). I should have downloaded it earlier, but it's no longer available. I do have it on some of my older BBs and like it, as you can bypass the BB inbox for these accounts.
    Try this:

Gmail 2.0.7
    andy957 likes this.
    12-28-11 12:31 PM
    What is BIS?
    Sounds like you are new to BB (as I was 1.5 years ago :-).

BIS setup for a newcomer might be a bit tricky.
    See if you could set it up from within your device.
    Go to the "setup" icon>email setup and type if your email address with password. If it activates and you see a new icon, then you are good to go.
    Hope you can somehow overcome this. BB without email is a useless junk :-).
    12-28-11 12:41 PM
    Try this:

Gmail 2.0.7
    That is awesome, wu-wei, thanks very much.
    12-28-11 01:06 PM
    Try this:

Gmail 2.0.7
    Works ... thanks wu-wei, this is the app I was looking for, glad you found it.
    12-28-11 11:48 PM
    Yes, what's with google pulling the gmail app, there's millions of BB users, pressure is on to go Andriod I guess.
    12-29-11 02:39 AM
    Yes, what's with google pulling the gmail app, there's millions of BB users, pressure is on to go Andriod I guess.

Google Withdraws Native Gmail App for BlackBerry | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    12-30-11 01:51 PM
    i have the same problem but in yahooo
    01-06-12 01:33 PM
    I know it's a bit old, but I have a bold 9790 with the plan and everything... but I;m not able to create my gmail account. I'm getting username and password wrong ( Knowing that they are right) what can I do ?

If you have BIS and are having issues with email or browser, one thing you want to try is to refresh your bb service - go to option-device-advanced system setting-host routing table-press menu and hit register now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    06-05-13 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD