Hey I think it's gone pretty well. Some people just don't want to hear the other side...
    1+
    This thread has been pretty laid back no name calling etc which isn't the norm here at CB...Pretty amazing really.
    Props to all participating.
    04-29-10 04:56 PM
    Hey I think it's gone pretty well. Some people just don't want to hear the other side...
    Wait, what other side??
    04-29-10 05:10 PM
    1+
    This thread has been pretty laid back no name calling etc which isn't the norm here at CB...Pretty amazing really.
    Props to all participating.
    I did call one flaming troll a name for hitting on me, but it got bleeped.
    04-29-10 05:11 PM
    Wait, what other side??
    The side that willingly buys whatever new device RIM puts out without blinking an eye. Not saying you're on that side, but there are definitely a good portion of people who fit into that category.
    04-29-10 05:17 PM
    The side that willingly buys whatever new device RIM puts out without blinking an eye. Not saying you're on that side, but there are definitely a good portion of people who fit into that category.
    Surely nobody in here would do that, would they? Not me!
    04-29-10 05:19 PM
    Surely nobody in here would do that, would they? Not me!
    Nooooooo, course not!
    04-29-10 06:07 PM
    With all due respect, you know nothing about my hybrid obviously. I am Verizon customer and I have all the chirps and squelches from the regular OS. I have no choice but to install the latest 4.5 OS for my Curve and then swap radio files from 4.5.0.131 (note...an OS from about 2 years ago) to use my phone.

If you thought your smart alecky comment was to reprimand me for using a hybrid like Nathanix or something else on 5.0, you are mistaken. Read my info. A verizon customer has NO CHOICE but to make the best of a bad situation.

With all due respect
    I honestly don't care what operating system you're running. I should have known when you said a phone with Wifi, more memory, a better processor, a trackpad, and the latest OS would be a downgrade from the 8330 you are using that I was making a mistake trying to joke around with you.

Have a good night
    04-29-10 07:47 PM
    The door is supposed to come loose so it can deploy the parachute, but it never seems to open in time... They need to replace it with an airbag model...
    thanks for the new sig quote, bwahahahaha
    04-29-10 08:22 PM
    I don't think anyone has outright said that this phone is going to be "da best evarrrrr"...coming from a "dumbphone", it's more than a decent upgrade for me. It just seems like people are relishing glorifying Android devices far too much in forum meant for a competing market so it borders on trolling...especially when it has nothing at all to do with the functionality of this device (which is releasing, whether people feel it's worth it or not). Just saying. YES the 9650 has it's shortcomings (especially in "comparison" to the EVO/Incredible). The horse is dead, yeesh. No one is bringing anything new to the discussion except "Well the Tour was like this and the Evo has this..." Bah. How about we wait until the devices release and see how people feel THEN, shall we?

As stated before, different strokes for different folks. I'm sure the 9650 will be more than adequate for most whereas most will seek out new the new Android devices. Personally, I spent too much money on my other electronics to have something that's supposed to be a PHONE first and foremost come along and try to replace that (and I don't like touchscreens). Not comfy with being that connected either. The "smarter" these devices get, the more dependent on them people become for entertainment because they forget how it is to be stimulated otherwise. But that's another train of thought.
    04-30-10 04:21 AM
    I don't think anyone has outright said that this phone is going to be "da best evarrrrr"...coming from a "dumbphone", it's more than a decent upgrade for me. It just seems like people are relishing glorifying Android devices far too much in forum meant for a competing market so it borders on trolling...especially when it has nothing at all to do with the functionality of this device (which is releasing, whether people feel it's worth it or not). Just saying. YES the 9650 has it's shortcomings (especially in "comparison" to the EVO/Incredible). The horse is dead, yeesh. No one is bringing anything new to the discussion except "Well the Tour was like this and the Evo has this..." Bah. How about we wait until the devices release and see how people feel THEN, shall we?

As stated before, different strokes for different folks. I'm sure the 9650 will be more than adequate for most whereas most will seek out new the new Android devices. Personally, I spent too much money on my other electronics to have something that's supposed to be a PHONE first and foremost come along and try to replace that (and I don't like touchscreens). Not comfy with being that connected either. The "smarter" these devices get, the more dependent on them people become for entertainment because they forget how it is to be stimulated otherwise. But that's another train of thought.
    stimulated
    04-30-10 09:18 AM
160 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD