Hello again everyone,

Thanks for reassuring me earlier on as to whether the Bold was too much hassle, with all the tweaks which seem necessary to get it working at full pelt.

This lead me to think that it would be really useful to have an list of all the things I really really should do when I get my bold [hopefully] next week.

I would imagine there are some related to browsing and memory. If you have any ideas on those - and any others - i'd be really interested to read them!

Thanks a lot

Nick
    08-26-08 09:58 AM
    1) Turn 3G off to maximise battery life, if you're not really utliising 3G.
    2) Using Internet Browser can result in faster page loads.
    08-26-08 09:59 AM
    Upgrade to the latest Operating System (currently 4.6.0.126) is the number 1 thing I'd do after unpacking the phone.
    08-26-08 10:41 AM
    Why? What are the benefits?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 10:44 AM
    Primarily stability - no reception dropouts & no random reboots...
    08-26-08 10:54 AM
    I have 4.6.0.125 OS and it works just fine, no dropouts or reboots...
    08-26-08 01:41 PM
    Mine is 4.6.0.92 and haven't experienced dropped calls. Only thing I have noticed is that some calls go straight to voicemail. Is that a known issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 02:00 PM
    Mine is 4.6.0.92 and haven't experienced dropped calls. Only thing I have noticed is that some calls go straight to voicemail. Is that a known issue?
    Could be the same cause as a dropped call - inadequate cellular signal. If you're talking the call gets dumped, if the phone is in standby it is simply unreachable so calls go direct to VM.

Try turning on the numeric display of signal strength and see if it gives any more clues. The '5 bar' indicator is usually smoothed over tens of seconds, and has only a few steps between max and no signal. The real numbers are a better guide if you suspect signal problems. If the Bold follows other recent BBs you should hold the ALT button and key NMLL to toggle the signal strength display. Logic and explanations here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/chan...wer-dbm-26381/
    08-26-08 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD