Hi I did search before I get told off but couldn't find an answer.
    Basically I can't access my online banking (NATWEST) it is very frustrating as I need to use it on the move.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 05:35 PM
    I online bank with santander and have never had any issues but the site is very simple.

What doesn't work? It doesn't load? You can't press buttons?

Some sites just don't function correctly from mobile devices and that's generally because of the site rather than the device.

01-29-10 02:29 AM
    The site is nwolb.com and it says something about browser not compatible. Also I think there is an iphone app for natwest so thought due to BB being a business phone they would have an app out for it too.

01-29-10 05:56 AM
    Which browser are you using and at what point do you see that message. Is it as soon as you try to access nwolb.com or is it once you've logged in you get the message?

Using Opera Mini 5 beta 2 browser I can access nwolb.com ok.
    01-29-10 06:12 AM
    I get the message as soon as the site loads, dont even get an option to log in. My browser is just default on the phone whatever that may be

01-29-10 06:55 AM
    It's just taken forever to load in the BB Browser, and I've got the login options. Definitely loads a lot faster in Opera Mini.

What's your BB browser emulation mode set to (with browser open, options > browser configuration). Mine's Firefox.
    01-29-10 07:00 AM
    Ive got a choice between hotspot, web'n'walk and T-mobile, it's set to hotspot at the moment, how do i put a new new browser on it so i can use the site?

01-29-10 12:19 PM
    Browser emulation mode is something separate, that option should appear underneath the checkboxes for support javascript, allow javascript popups, etc. but above which search engine to use.

Browser identification allows you to choose how the Blackberry browser identifies itself to web servers, so an example would be Blackberry, Internet Explorer or Firefox.

*edit* I found an image that shows what I mean

I think what you are looking at is the 3 variants of Blackberry browser - I'm not on t-mobile so might be a bit wrong but web 'n' walk is probably the one that connects via your BB data plan, the hotspot one tends to be for for wi-fi and the t-mobile one is the wap browser. You can then optimize your browsers with different configurations if necessary.

It's not actually setting it to use that browser, that's done in Phone options > Advanced > Browser

My Bold is unbranded so this might be a setting that's locked by t-mobile, in which case you won't even see this option.

Anyway, as to your other question if you open up your browser and navigate to
    m.opera.com/next, you can download it from there.
    01-29-10 12:42 PM
    On my 9700 on Orange, I had to send a text BBNW to 82428, this texted me back a link to go to the application download for blackberry, however it just keep timing out, it wasnt until I copied the link that was sent to me, opened the blackberry browser and changed the browser type to Orange WAP, then pasted the link. Worked perfect, downloaded and installed all ok. For T-Mobile, no idea, but hope this helps.
    01-29-10 02:05 PM
    Brilliant, ive changed it to firefox now following what you said, had no idea i could even do that, now the natwest online banking site works perfectly. Thank you. I'll have a go downloading the opera now too. Thank you

Sorry for jumping your thread OP, but i can confirm it works

01-30-10 07:42 AM
    Can't help you with Natwest, but I bank with Nationwide and have no problems accessing my accounts.
    01-30-10 10:18 AM
    does anyone have problems with rbs online banking as when i log in it just takes me bk to the login page again?
    02-28-10 06:42 AM
    On my 9700 on Orange, I had to send a text BBNW to 82428, this texted me back a link to go to the application download for blackberry, however it just keep timing out, it wasnt until I copied the link that was sent to me, opened the blackberry browser and changed the browser type to Orange WAP, then pasted the link. Worked perfect, downloaded and installed all ok. For T-Mobile, no idea, but hope this helps.
    Hi

So i have tried all the browser settings on my 9700 and trying to download the app via the link supplied by texting bbnw always times out. Any ideas? I am on 02 contract.
    03-06-10 05:06 AM
    yeah the natwest text link hasnt worked for me either, even when ive pasted it into the actual browser instead of directly opening the text link!?

EDIT: OK so you HAVE to use your networks browser settings
    (you cant use 'hotspot browser' OR 'internet browser' for some reason?

I had to use 'Vodafone Live' Browser - Why is this????
    03-12-10 09:50 AM
    Yea had the same problem i rang them and they where aware of the problem and are try to sort it out and this was about a month ago
    07-28-10 04:29 PM

worked a treat all setup now brilliant thanks
    07-29-10 02:19 AM
    Be thankful

I bank with first direct - Internet banking arm of HSBC

they do not even have a BB app and their web sitedoes not support mobiles.

Avant guarde they are
    07-29-10 03:32 AM
    On O2, change browser type to O2 Active via browser configuration, then paste in the URL from the text. Downloads and works perfectly then. Astonishing that Natwest seem ignorant about this.
    08-13-10 04:47 PM
    Be thankful

I bank with first direct - Internet banking arm of HSBC

they do not even have a BB app and their web sitedoes not support mobiles.

i can acces mt first direct accounts on the z10 browser

Avant guarde they are
    03-03-13 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD