I bought my blackberry in the UK but I'm now studying in the states. My phone is unlocked and I have an AT&T simcard. However, when I save numbers (US phone numbers) in my contacts to call or text, it automatically adds a '+44' which makes the call not go through. I found a way around it by just manually entering the numbers and saving them in my memopad to copy and paste but this is very inconvenient.

Is there a way I can configure my blackberry so that I can just call/text from contacts?
    01-26-13 01:45 PM
    I can't remember for sure where the setting for this lives, but it is linked to one of the "regional" settings like time zone, language, keyboard.
    <checks phone>
    I think ... try Phone options / Smart Dialling, Country Code.

Numbers saved with the correct +n international prefix will work perfectly anywhere you travel, so get into the habit of saving US numbers in +1 style. The phone networks identify their own international code in the dialled number and ignore for national calls. I have the reverse problem with this, even with the correct setup sometimes my contacts get saved in national format instead of international (+nn ....) which is a nuisance because I travel a lot.
    01-26-13 05:19 PM
    very simple.... press call key...... press bb key and scroll scrol to select option.......... scrol down to smart Dialing...... change country code from (+44) to (+1)... ... done...
    Humga Chan likes this.
    01-26-13 11:40 PM
    Thank you!
    01-27-13 03:42 PM