My Bold 9900 has a typing problem. Every time I type a sentence it puts a period in the wrong spot. Also certain words don't auto correct. For example if I type cant (without manually putting in the ') it doesn't auto correct to can't. Instead I have to go back and put it in manually. I never had this problem with my 9780. The periods in wrong spots and lack of auto correct is effecting my typign speed. Any solutions would be much apprecaited.
    08-30-13 11:56 AM
    In regards to the auto correct issue.. go to the word substitutions menu, and make sure cant = can't is listed. It should have been by default, but if it got remove somehow or the file got corrupted add it back in. You can also add any custom ones you like there.. personally I like to put in things like u = you, ur = your etc.. See if that solves your problem.

As for the extra periods.. are you aware that double tapping the space bar throws up a period? Perhaps you're doing that by mistake.. the only thing I can think of..
    08-30-13 12:17 PM
    In regards to the auto correct issue.. go to the word substitutions menu, and make sure cant = can't is listed. It should have been by default, but if it got remove somehow or the file got corrupted add it back in. You can also add any custom ones you like there.. personally I like to put in things like u = you, ur = your etc.. See if that solves your problem.

As for the extra periods.. are you aware that double tapping the space bar throws up a period? Perhaps you're doing that by mistake.. the only thing I can think of..

I do have the auto correct programmed to subsititute automatically but it doesn't do it. I have the latest OS update but I'm thinking I should downgrade now in hopes of it working. I don't double tap to create a period but pehaps the keyboard is just getting worn out. It's an annoying problem to have.

I'm running OS 7.1 2364 (V 7.10.861) if that helps
    Last edited by 1TIME; 08-30-13 at 12:31 PM.
    08-30-13 12:21 PM
    Can anyone else help or is experiencing anything similar?
    08-31-13 02:49 PM
    Have you pulled the battery?

Reload the current OS or try another version?
    08-31-13 09:50 PM
    In regards to periods going in wrong spot. Try increasing or decreasing the key rate. It's options-typing and language-keyboard. Also it could be some guck under ur space bar. Try pressing harder than normal all over the keypad.
    08-31-13 10:16 PM
    I'm having the same problem, none of the contractions are working. I lost a LOT of things when I upgraded to Verizon bundle 2705 -- everything in my notepad, custom settings, etc. I don't think I'll do an upgrade again, I've wasted so much time getting everything back!
    09-10-13 04:31 PM
    Yes. I experience the same problem with the unexpected periods inserted intermittently while typing with by Bold 9900. It is as if the spacebar is detected to be double hit, but it is only pressed once. Problem is intermittent and occurs on average evey couple of sentences. My phone is ~11 months old and only started this behaviour a few weeks ago. I tried changing the key rate with no benefit. I am still looking for a solution if anybody can help?
    09-24-13 10:25 PM
    Problem was resolved when my Bold 9900 was returned from servicing and was reset to factory defaults (aside: reason for servicing: Attempt to update the O.S. failed and resulted in unhandled exceptions). So whatever the techs did to fix my O.S., they also resolved the spacebar misbehavior.
    10-27-13 09:54 PM
    I had the same issue with the double tap of the space key, but it was happening with my t key... I used some dust off and sprayed the keyboard and that seemed to fix it for me..
    10-28-13 06:31 PM