First, is there a way to still receive MMS messages when you turn off the data services?

Second, when I receive a message, is there a way to have the LED turn off sooner? I am usually done reading the message and have started typing a response before the indicator turns off. It's simply just a minor annoyance to have it blinking in my eye while I'm trying to read the message and compose a response.

Thanks
    06-28-10 10:41 AM
    1) No, you need data for MMS

2) The LED should switch off as soon as you open the message... at least mine does
    06-28-10 10:44 AM
    1) No, you need data for MMS
    I thought you could send MMS over wi-fi, no?
    06-28-10 10:48 AM
    I thought you could send MMS over wi-fi, no?
    Possibly, I've never tried it... but you still need data activated
    06-28-10 10:50 AM
    2) The LED should switch off as soon as you open the message... at least mine does
    If you're talking about ssm, are you sure about that? For sms, you have to either back out completely, or start typing to have the led stop blinking... Email works where you can just simply open it to turn off the led but not sms.
    06-28-10 10:56 AM
    If you're talking about ssm, are you sure about that? For sms, you have to either back out completely, or start typing to have the led stop blinking... Email works where you can just simply open it to turn off the led but not sms.
    I'd never even noticed that before Pi, always thought it went out on opening... but you're right!

I wonder why RIM did this
    06-28-10 10:59 AM
    1) With T-Mobile you can still receive MMS w/out a data plan or wi-fi. The reason I ask is so that I can extend the battery life. Another option would be to switch from 3g to 2g. Does anyone know if this has a significant effect on prolonging the battery life?

That's what I thought it should do, but for whatever reason mine is slow to turn off.
    06-28-10 11:00 AM
    I have been wondering that too phil, makes no sense to me! Probably just overlooked?

1) With T-Mobile you can still receive MMS w/out a data plan or wi-fi. The reason I ask is so that I can extend the battery life. Another option would be to switch from 3g to 2g. Does anyone know if this has a significant effect on prolonging the battery life?
    Do you have battery issues? Turning off data to receive mms doesn't make too much sense. Unless maybe you receive mms' all day long nonstop? You shouldn't notice any significant battery loss from receiving any type of messages....
    06-28-10 11:06 AM
    As far led notification's, they can be controlled with profiles..
    Why don't you try playing around..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 11:07 AM
    As far led notification's, they can be controlled with profiles..
    Why don't you try playing around..

Not in this case....
    06-28-10 11:09 AM
    Do you have battery issues? Turning off data to receive mms doesn't make too much sense. Unless maybe you receive mms' all day long nonstop? You shouldn't notice any significant battery loss from receiving any type of messages....
    Since I don't have a data plan, I forward my email to mynumber@tmomail.net. If the message is 160+ characters it's sent as mms, so I am receiving mms messages throughout the day. I don't have battery issues, but I just figured why spend battery power on 3g when I don't even use it.
    06-28-10 11:12 AM
    Since I don't have a data plan, I forward my email to mynumber@tmomail.net. If the message is 160+ characters it's sent as mms, so I am receiving mms messages throughout the day. I don't have battery issues, but I just figured why spend battery power on 3g when I don't even use it.
    I hope this your operator supporting SMTP...
    You can still get MMS on EDGE, it saves batter (as compared to 3G)..
    You still need TMO's valid incoming data services...
    So it can send you auto MMS...

06-28-10 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD