First noticed duplicate contacts on my blackberry. When I got to my contacts and go to options I see two items under the Contact Lists area. Both are "Desktop". So I used desktop manager and deleted my contact list from my device. And then disabled one of them from wirelessly syncing. But there are still 2 I have only one syncing and one not. Does anyone have any idea how I can remove the duplicate contact listing "Desktop" from coming up at all???
    01-25-09 12:49 AM
    I have the same issue. Sometime when i open my contacts I get a list with like 20 names on it, and other times I get my full list.
    01-25-09 08:05 AM
    I have the same issue. Sometime when i open my contacts I get a list with like 20 names on it, and other times I get my full list.
    I think it started to happen when i connected my blackberry to my collegues computer. I was trying to get an application from his desktop manager. But I think it made a dup of my contacts. As well as duplicate tasks.

Anyone have any idea how to get rid of it without completely wiping out the device???
    01-27-09 11:11 PM
    I am unable to delete one of the address books. It is also causing me issues with desktop synchronization that it wants to delete my outlook address book on my desk top.
    02-16-09 02:31 PM
    has anyone resolved this issue?? I was able to delete the duplicate entries but I still show two desktop contacts list.

thanks

jasguild
    04-01-09 09:10 AM
    I upgraded my OS to the one offered on this website even though ATT does not yet support it and PROBLEM WAS SOLVED!!!

jasguild
    04-07-09 08:09 AM
    Try checking this thread. Seems similar. I'm having similar problems. Hasn't worked for me yet, but I'm still working on it.

I can't post links yet, but it can be found by searching for its title: two address book databases

I followed the intstructions for resetting Contacts, and it seems to be working, for now. I still have two contacts DBs listed on my device, but at least one of them is syncing to my server (which was not happening before).
    07-07-09 01:43 PM
    In your address book, you have probably engaged your filter in the Menu to separate your contact lists. Have you checked this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD