this is genius!
    tre5tackz likes this.
    04-11-12 10:19 AM

I'm loving this thread. Does anybody have a link or a file for the Helvetica font?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 11:06 AM
    I'm loving this thread. Does anybody have a link or a file for the Helvetica font?

Fonts are a little bit of a Sketchy neighborhood, since it is technically artwork you're not allowed to use any fonts without paying for them (some are free, some are not), as a result I have found a site with the Helvetica Font Family available, but they aren't cheap.

But, because this area of art is a little bit awkward, all you have to do is change the fonts a small amount, call it your own, and BAM! free font. So you can probably find one similar to Helvetica, but without the Helvetica brand.

If you want to buy Helvetica here is a source Download Helvetica� font family - Linotype.com

Otherwise I found one that is based on Helvetica called Coolvetica
    Coolvetica Font | dafont.com
    Free
    04-11-12 02:53 PM
    Fonts are a little bit of a Sketchy neighborhood, since it is technically artwork you're not allowed to use any fonts without paying for them (some are free, some are not), as a result I have found a site with the Helvetica Font Family available, but they aren't cheap.

But, because this area of art is a little bit awkward, all you have to do is change the fonts a small amount, call it your own, and BAM! free font. So you can probably find one similar to Helvetica, but without the Helvetica brand.

If you want to buy Helvetica here is a source Download Helvetica® font family - Linotype.com

Otherwise I found one that is based on Helvetica called Coolvetica

Coolvetica Font | dafont.com

Free

i found the helvetica font family for $30.00 but i will give that "coolvetica" a try. Thanks!!!

*edit

The T's, and the Q's are killing me, but i guess it will do since its free

Last edited by Gerrardough; 04-11-12 at 04:13 PM.
    04-11-12 04:09 PM
    This worked out great! Thanks! Your the best
    04-13-12 12:08 PM
    I did not steal their tutorial if that is what you're implying.

9530�9550�9900(OS 7.1.0.318)
    Lol.. Sure. Lol, whatever, I guess I should care less.
    It looks like you wrote your tutorial while looking at the berryreview one, all of your steps are written almost exactly the same, you just added a extra screenshots 8-).
    Http://www.berryreview.com/2012/01/30/how-to-ad-fonts-to-your-blackbery-smartphone-without-an-ap/

Regardless, gj putting it out there again, the more people that know the better. No hard feelings... But.. I have to say, you made me do a double take. I was sure I was looking at my own writing.

The person you're thanking, who are they thanking?

FTR, I ddidn't discover this trick either - But my tutorial wasn't a blatant ripoff of someone elses. There was no other WRITTEN tutorial on the internet when I wrote it. (I wonder who, if anyone, has actually seen the original tutorial YEARS ago?)

Mybad for throwing in this distraction, Ill leave yall do load your fonts

Dafont.com was one of my favorite font sites - check out some open source linux fonts, usually pretty easy to find - and aren't restricted. The default kubuntu font, oxygen, is nice.
    04-13-12 12:26 PM
    Wow this worked great. Had to add the font folder as mine did not have it, after that just copy & paste into the font folder from the media card. Thanks so much.
    04-13-12 12:43 PM
    Does this only apply to OS 6 and 7?
    04-13-12 01:16 PM
    Nope, does not work for me. Does not appear in the font choice after reboot.
    04-13-12 02:00 PM
    I got the semibold and it looks GREAT, all my screen text and so on. I do have one weird side effect, though - all the fonts in the texts of my messages, which are set by the sender, have gotten bigger. What is that about? Has anyone else seen this? I'm OS6 on a Torch 9800. Edited to add, I discovered that this happens to my email fonts no matter what I choose as my system font - they grow huge. So I've had to restore defaults. Sigh. What is up with email??
    (And if you think the font doesn't appear - scroll all the way to the bottom when choosing a font, it comes out there for some reason.)
    Last edited by fotyc; 04-13-12 at 04:04 PM.
    tre5tackz likes this.
    04-13-12 02:27 PM
    hi there, i need your help...
    i ve tried several times to place the fonts in the folder but with no success in the outcome
    device: 9780

the fonts have been renamed to .font

1st: i ve tried the tutorial first from my device copying the fies from media card to the folder device/appdata/rim/fonts (it didnt had a folder so i create one), reboot, nothing appeared in the options/display/screen display/font family (the same fonts i had)

2nd: tried to do the computer way but i couldnt see the device outside of desktop manager and from there couldn't find a choice to unhide the folders, so what i did, was copy them in the device/home/user/folderfonts (i create this folder to copy there the fonts) but when i went into the folder from my device to copy them at the other location (device/appdata/rim/fonts) fonts where nowhere to be found.

3rd: also i ve send an email to my self the fonts and save them to device/home/user/folderfonts, after that i could see the fonts, i copy them to the right location again, but again after the reboot nada...

my encryption is off (just something i read that might be the problem)

What is wrong and i cannot do it? is it my device? what??
    thank you in advance
    04-13-12 02:28 PM
    Alright call me dumb but dont exactly know how to do this im stuck when I see the appdata in the menu, after that what save what were, on what!!! dont exactly get the step by step right please some help!!! more specific...
    04-13-12 05:15 PM
    Lol.. Sure. Lol, whatever, I guess I should care less.
    It looks like you wrote your tutorial while looking at the berryreview one, all of your steps are written almost exactly the same, you just added a extra screenshots 8-).
    Http://www.berryreview.com/2012/01/3...without-an-ap/

Regardless, gj putting it out there again, the more people that know the better. No hard feelings... But.. I have to say, you made me do a double take. I was sure I was looking at my own writing.

The person you're thanking, who are they thanking?

FTR, I ddidn't discover this trick either - But my tutorial wasn't a blatant ripoff of someone elses. There was no other WRITTEN tutorial on the internet when I wrote it. (I wonder who, if anyone, has actually seen the original tutorial YEARS ago?)

Mybad for throwing in this distraction, Ill leave yall do load your fonts

Dafont.com was one of my favorite font sites - check out some open source linux fonts, usually pretty easy to find - and aren't restricted. The default kubuntu font, oxygen, is nice.
    The guy i'm thanking wanted me to make this Giant tutorial thread. I wasn't going to do it at first because my original thread was just asking why isn't RIM using their own font. Someone wanted me to share how to make it so I did, on that thread. Then that thread basically turned into a How-To thread. But, give me the link to your berry review tutorial and i'll happily post it. Again, I learned this months ago from searching forums and putting pieces together, maybe some of that learning came from you(I don't remember, but I rarely go on berry review).

edit:

I do remember that tutorial, I read it back in January. I think you're the reason I got Rock File Manager(thanks). But, I did not plagiarize whilst making this tutorial. If you're really upset about it i'll delete it, it's not that serious.(i'm still adding your link btw.)

edit2:

Our titles are similar, but I didn't even make the title. The guy I gave dedz to chose it.
    Last edited by tre5tackz; 04-13-12 at 05:40 PM.
    04-13-12 05:19 PM
    Alright call me dumb but dont exactly know how to do this im stuck when I see the appdata in the menu, after that what save what were, on what!!! dont exactly get the step by step right please some help!!! more specific...
    after you go to appdata, go inside that folder. You should see "rim". Now, go inside THAT folder. Now, you may or may not see a "fonts" folder. If you do, put your fonts in there. If not, make a "fonts" folder to put the files in.
    04-13-12 05:21 PM
    can you help me also please..
    04-13-12 05:22 PM
    hi there, i need your help...
    i ve tried several times to place the fonts in the folder but with no success in the outcome
    device: 9780

the fonts have been renamed to .font

1st: i ve tried the tutorial first from my device copying the fies from media card to the folder device/appdata/rim/fonts (it didnt had a folder so i create one), reboot, nothing appeared in the options/display/screen display/font family (the same fonts i had)

2nd: tried to do the computer way but i couldnt see the device outside of desktop manager and from there couldn't find a choice to unhide the folders, so what i did, was copy them in the device/home/user/folderfonts (i create this folder to copy there the fonts) but when i went into the folder from my device to copy them at the other location (device/appdata/rim/fonts) fonts where nowhere to be found.

3rd: also i ve send an email to my self the fonts and save them to device/home/user/folderfonts, after that i could see the fonts, i copy them to the right location again, but again after the reboot nada...

my encryption is off (just something i read that might be the problem)

What is wrong and i cannot do it? is it my device? what??
    thank you in advance
    Ok, regarding your "2nd", enable 'mass storage mode' so you can use your device outside of desktop manager.
    04-13-12 05:24 PM
    i have but i cannot see device part, only media card
    04-13-12 05:25 PM
    I got the semibold and it looks GREAT, all my screen text and so on. I do have one weird side effect, though - all the fonts in the texts of my messages, which are set by the sender, have gotten bigger. What is that about? Has anyone else seen this? I'm OS6 on a Torch 9800. Edited to add, I discovered that this happens to my email fonts no matter what I choose as my system font - they grow huge. So I've had to restore defaults. Sigh. What is up with email??
    (And if you think the font doesn't appear - scroll all the way to the bottom when choosing a font, it comes out there for some reason.)
    Hmmm, suggestion:

1 - reboot

2 - change font size

Due to us having different phones I can't really address the issue how I want to.
    04-13-12 05:26 PM
    Ok...??? what fonts, were i get these fonts from??? the ones youre saying im putting inside the fonts folder, im very riddled!!!! you have to get the fonts somewere else or there secretly stored in your bb???? WOW?
    04-13-12 05:26 PM
    Ok...??? what fonts, were i get these fonts from??? the ones youre saying im putting inside the fonts folder, im very riddled!!!! you have to get the fonts somewere else or there secretly stored in your bb???? WOW?
    There is a section at the BOTTOM of the first post(where the TuT is) called "Fonts Collection" choose which link you want to choose, and get your fonts from there. After which, you proceed with the tutorial with your chosen font.
    04-13-12 05:44 PM
    i have but i cannot see device part, only media card
    You seem to be doing everything right. I can't figure out why it isn't working.
    04-13-12 05:48 PM
    do you think it might be the 9780 and the os 6 that is causing it?
    04-13-12 05:54 PM
    do you think it might be the 9780 and the os 6 that is causing it?
    No clue. I'm sorry for not being of much help.
    04-13-12 08:27 PM
    thats ok. i finally purchase the font ultimate and i uploaded there
    * i had to use fontforge (at ubuntu) to shrink it because it was more than 90kb, maybe that was the case perhaps anyhow..thanks and all the best.
    04-13-12 08:32 PM
    The guy i'm thanking wanted me to make this Giant tutorial thread. I wasn't going to do it at first because my original thread was just asking why isn't RIM using their own font. Someone wanted me to share how to make it so I did, on that thread. Then that thread basically turned into a How-To thread. But, give me the link to your berry review tutorial and i'll happily post it. Again, I learned this months ago from searching forums and putting pieces together, maybe some of that learning came from you(I don't remember, but I rarely go on berry review).

edit:

I do remember that tutorial, I read it back in January. I think you're the reason I got Rock File Manager(thanks). But, I did not plagiarize whilst making this tutorial. If you're really upset about it i'll delete it, it's not that serious.(i'm still adding your link btw.)

edit2:

Our titles are similar, but I didn't even make the title. The guy I gave dedz to chose it.
    Np thanks for clearing that up. My apologies for coming across like a ssakcaj
    04-13-12 08:51 PM
121 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD