i am in australia and on telstra, also has bis internet but just received a bill of $600 for the month so was a bit annoyed to know that you could still use telstras wap and some programs have to be swapped to bis. just wondering if anyone knows what can be done for amaze gps, podtrapper, viigo, app store and facebook. have gone on a 150mb plan through telstra just to be safe from now on. i love the bold but wished telstra and blackberry gave more info about BIS and outside programs. also if a movie is downloaded on the blackberry browser is it counted on which service, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated thank you

iphone is the paris hilton of smartphones
    blackberry is the barack obama
    08-17-09 05:44 AM
    If you don't need to use WAP (which you shouldn't) you can simply delete the APN settings (Options, Advanced, TCP/IP - clear the check box that says "APN Settings Enabled")

Then you simply select BIS for the other app's...

If you have an app that requires WAP (i.e. will not operate through BIS) then go back and set the APN settings back to normal (not sure what Telstra's is; so note it down BEFORE you clear it).

As for the movies, there is a limit as to file size when using the BB Browser. If you are streaming video, you will need to APN settings in place, and this will not be under BIS inclusion.

Hope that all makes sense...
    08-17-09 06:15 AM
    How do I disable WAP completely? I have applications like Radio which ask for WAP but WAP is not enabled in my data plan. I have a GPRS/EDGE connection.
    Last edited by Pratters; 08-17-09 at 09:47 PM.
    08-17-09 09:42 PM
    APN box was already clear but i have found on a few programs the option to chose BIS or wap but would love more info thanks mikedoan
    08-18-09 04:33 AM
    I uncheck the APN Box but still the result is the same. The radio applications ask for WAP and as I don't have WAP, they don't work.
    08-18-09 01:12 PM
    I also deleted Service Books with "WAP", some 2-3 of them.
    08-19-09 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD