Hey guys,

Is there a way to turn this feature off and have the radio, i.e., cellular connection, stay on when the battery is very low?

I understand the reason behind it is to save battery life and allow you to work the bb, but I don't really have much use for it when I can't communicate.

I was about to send a text message to tell my girlfriend I'll be home late and the thing told me the radio has been shut off before I could press send. An hour later, the phone was still on (with the radio off) so I know I had enough power to send that blasted text. Now I'm in trouble...

Thanks!
    06-29-09 01:56 AM
    I don't think you can turn off that feature. I believe it is built into the OS.

Why not use a friends phone to call/text her that you were going to be home late.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 04:05 AM
    do a search for Force Radio On on this forum. The Blogs had a story about it a few weeks back. It does exactly what you want, forces the radio on even though you have a low batery. It is a small free app, only like 8KB. And yes, totally free. Get this and LED reset (another free 8KB app) and you are set. (LED reset resets the LED if you have a ghost LED blink [as in no new messages or anything but light stil blinking)
    06-29-09 05:24 AM
    a quick Battery Pull sometimes gives you enough of a window to send the text
    06-29-09 10:31 AM
    do a search for Force Radio On on this forum. The Blogs had a story about it a few weeks back. It does exactly what you want, forces the radio on even though you have a low batery. It is a small free app, only like 8KB. And yes, totally free. Get this and LED reset (another free 8KB app) and you are set. (LED reset resets the LED if you have a ghost LED blink [as in no new messages or anything but light stil blinking)
    I got the Force Radio ON application but the radio turns off after 15 seconds or so. Is it suppose to be like this?
    06-29-09 10:34 AM
    Aparantly if you attempt an over the air update it will turn your radio back on

06-29-09 12:55 PM
    Hey guys,

Is there a way to turn this feature off and have the radio, i.e., cellular connection, stay on when the battery is very low?

I understand the reason behind it is to save battery life and allow you to work the bb, but I don't really have much use for it when I can't communicate.

I was about to send a text message to tell my girlfriend I'll be home late and the thing told me the radio has been shut off before I could press send. An hour later, the phone was still on (with the radio off) so I know I had enough power to send that blasted text. Now I'm in trouble...

Thanks!

Force radio on is the only app that would assist you, yet i haven't used it yet since i bought an OEM battery from amazon for $2.65. It cost more for shipping than a new battery
    06-29-09 12:59 PM
    They should make an option whether to turn off your radio at 5% and not turn off the radio automatically. Hope RIM develops an OS like that.

06-29-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD