Okay so heres the skinny, I bought this phone used a few years ago and used it on mobilicity (Im in canada). Then i used it on rogers for a bit. Now my galaxy s2 crapped the bed. So im trying to use my bold with the virgin sim. I got the unlock code from Unlock code for BlackBerry | BlackBerry unlock code | How to unlock BlackBerry those guys. Heres my problem; it doesn't prompt me for the unlock code right away, so then i use method 2 and do the mep thing. And stuff comes up but when i type in MEP2 nothing happens....from my understanding this phones on aws if that makes any sense to you guys. When i turn the mobile network on I just get the red sos.

Heres my 2nd question, I also have a storm 9530. Currently its on Bell. When I turn it on with my virgin sim it prompts me for the code, so I put it in (and yes I got a different code for the storm then the bold). Then I rebooted the battery, the phone still says its on bell mobility and I get sms error 97 "service denied" whenever i try texting. It also doesnt let me call, however it does have 4 bars, and its on xev.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!......being phoneless sucks!
    06-03-13 03:33 PM
    Bell does not have a GSM 2G network, so by extension, I'm guessing Virgin doesn't either. So you can't use this Mobilicity phone on Bell or Virgin (or Telus and its subsidiary, for that matter.)

Regarding the 9530, no idea what's going on. It could be that you need to call Virgin support to activate this CDMA phone on their network? Just a guess.
    06-03-13 03:41 PM
    Bell does not have a GSM 2G network, so by extension, I'm guessing Virgin doesn't either. So you can't use this Mobilicity phone on Bell or Virgin (or Telus and its subsidiary, for that matter.)

Regarding the 9530, no idea what's going on. It could be that you need to call Virgin support to activate this CDMA phone on their network? Just a guess.
    Okay thanks ill call virgin from my landline hopefully they can do that wirelessly
    06-03-13 09:05 PM
    Called virgin, I guess its not working b/c they never carried the storm
    06-03-13 10:27 PM
    Called virgin, I guess its not working b/c they never carried the storm
    Hmmm I guess it was flashed for Bell, and only Bell.
    06-03-13 11:16 PM

Would a telus 9700 work for me?
    06-04-13 12:32 AM
    Hmmm I guess it was flashed for Bell, and only Bell.
    Ya, so i guess unlocking it was a waste of money.
    06-04-13 12:38 AM
    Would a telus 9700 work for me?
    Telus and Bell use the same networks bands for 3G. If Virgin uses Bell's non-CDMA 3G network, the Telus phone should work.
    06-04-13 09:06 AM
    I unlocked my Telus Bold 9700 with a code from freemyblackberry.com, and it works fine on the Virgin Mobile network.
    06-07-13 02:59 PM
    Unfortunately that telus bold sold. Do you guys know if the CAT b 15 phone would work for me? It uses 2G GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, 3G HSDPA 850 / 1900 those networks.

Also, if i were to unlock a bold that was originally from rogers would I be able to use it?
    06-13-13 10:47 AM
    Holy crap...that's one phone I haven't seen too many people with: the CAT b15. Rugged *** phone.

If the bands you have listed are correct, it will work on Bell/Virgin's GSM networks.

The Rogers bold should also work on Bell/Virgin GSM networks.
    06-13-13 12:21 PM
    Lol ya, you should see my last phone. I can't even count how many times i had dropped it:P. A coworker actually suggested I get the phone because of the way I treat my phones
    06-14-13 01:22 AM
    I got a curve last night (originally on koodo) and unlocked it. it doesnt let me use the facebook app or go on blackberry appworld. Says my current plan doesnt allow that? But i have 6gb of data...im confused? I have the data on should it be 'on' while roaming to

Edit: it does let me use the facebook app on wifi and app world works when im using wifi
    06-14-13 01:27 PM
    You need a BIS plan. Sounds like the data plan you have right now is a non-BIS data plan
    06-14-13 01:54 PM