I've used both and I think I enjoy the Bold better. I bought a T-Mobile 8900 Curve for $190 shipped with the intention of selling it. The thought of a brand new berry is tempting. I've never had a new BB. Just numerous used ones. Anyway...

My biggest complaint after using the Bold for a few weeks is the battery life. It's not bad, not great. just MEH.

So here we go...

Bold
    Keyboard--YAY
    Screen size --YAY (may be the Bold's reason for crapola battery life)
    Physical size/feeling in hand --YAY
    External battery door--YAY
    Standard USB port--YAY
    Stereo sound--YAY

Battery life -- BOO (tested 5 hours)

Curve
    Smashing good looks--YAY
    UMA--YAY
    Tested battery life to 7 hours--YAY

Micro USB--boo (less chance of finding a compatible charger at a friends house, etc)

No need to discuss Bold vs. Curve in the general sense that everyone else discusses it, but to those who have put "Seat time" into both... did the Curve make a big difference in battery life for you?
    06-17-09 04:31 PM
    Try using the Bold in EDGE mode for battery life, since the Curve has no 3g anyways.

Is the 2 additional hours that critical though? That's not a huge difference for dropping from 3g to edge...
    06-17-09 04:33 PM
    I use EDGE exclusively. 3G is disabled. All other tweaks for battery life already employed. Yes the extra two hours is important. Haha
    06-17-09 04:36 PM
    Get the 1650mah battery for the Bold then.
    06-17-09 04:48 PM
    Why not just keep both phones and switch whenever you please?
    06-17-09 04:54 PM
    ^^ That's true but I can imagine it getting chaotic after a while keeping up with both, syncing both, etc.
    06-17-09 04:55 PM
    ^^ That's true but I can imagine it getting chaotic after a while keeping up with both, syncing both, etc.
    It's relatively easy. I don't do the syncing thing. Just do a full backup, use
    that backup file and restore on the other phone. I don't use that device
    switch wizard. I just have everything restored. As a matter of fact I just
    finished doing this 5 minutes ago.
    06-17-09 05:06 PM
    I notice you have both. Do you find your 8900 to last longer? Which do you use more?

It's relatively easy. I don't do the syncing thing. Just do a full backup, use
    that backup file and restore on the other phone. I don't use that device
    switch wizard. I just have everything restored. As a matter of fact I just
    finished doing this 5 minutes ago.
    06-17-09 05:18 PM
    I notice you have both. Do you find your 8900 to last longer? Which do you use more?
    I just use both of them equally. I have them both connected to WiFi at work
    all day so battery life is great on both.
    06-17-09 05:25 PM
    Why does everyone keep complaining about the blackberry bold battery life, I've had my blackberry last up to about 3 days with a little bit of web browser goolge maps and twitter...You must a broken blackberry or a modified one that only last a few hours.
    06-17-09 05:53 PM
    u may get 3 days but thats just u. battery life has many variables like personal usage, apps running, location, network, OS, distance to towers etc. most people have to charge their bold at least once a day. i usually just charge every night and im good. but if ure a heavy talker, then ure screwed. but just about all modern mObile phones are like this. look ta the iphone for example.
    06-17-09 06:31 PM
    Yah the phone sucks the most juice - I am not a heavy talker - and then the 3G signal can play a huge role in battery life. And wifi is a big battery saver, but not everyone uses it. And apps and especially social networking apps.....

Huge variables. It's just not accurate to say "you must have a broken blackberry...."
    06-17-09 07:07 PM
    Youll start seeing battery life improvements across the board when developers start using push api's more often.

Polling + background running = battery murder.
    06-17-09 07:30 PM
    Who said my phone's battery lasts only a few hours?

Why does everyone keep complaining about the blackberry bold battery life, I've had my blackberry last up to about 3 days with a little bit of web browser goolge maps and twitter...You must a broken blackberry or a modified one that only last a few hours.
    06-17-09 08:35 PM
    Just a note on keeping both devices and switching back and forth. If you use bbm or pin messaging this can become a hassle to have to give out two pins to everyone. I am going between my bold and storm now and thats my only major complaint...
    06-17-09 08:46 PM
    YES JEFF! That's a great point... that's what I was trying to remember.
    06-18-09 12:51 AM
    Just a note on keeping both devices and switching back and forth. If you use bbm or pin messaging this can become a hassle to have to give out two pins to everyone. I am going between my bold and storm now and thats my only major complaint...
    It's not a hassle at all. Backup the current device when you're about to switch. Restore the backup on the device you're about to switch to. Update your PIN on BIS and it's like nobody even knows that you switched devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 01:48 AM
    Just switched to the 8900 today from the bold.. Still getting used to it. Don't like the clickityclackity of the keys but digging the smaller form.

06-18-09 04:56 AM
    Currently I am going back and forth between 2 devices. I have them both sync to my google account for my contacts, calendar and email accounts. So when any chages are made to one they both get it. Also when i'm not useing one I still leave it connected via wifi at home so it stays current all i have to do is swap SIM's....
    06-18-09 09:41 AM
    Had the Curve for a couple of years and battery life was excellent, however I am much more pleased with my Bold, better Bluetooth, keyboard etc, etc, etc.
    I was disappointed with the battery life too, so I use the prog 'AutoStandby' and switch off Bluetooth when I'm not in the vehicle, I find that has made the battery life acceptable without causing too much hassle.
    06-18-09 10:28 AM
    Thanks but I was talking about the new Curve. (8900)

Had the Curve for a couple of years and battery life was excellent, however I am much more pleased with my Bold, better Bluetooth, keyboard etc, etc, etc.
    I was disappointed with the battery life too, so I use the prog 'AutoStandby' and switch off Bluetooth when I'm not in the vehicle, I find that has made the battery life acceptable without causing too much hassle.
    06-18-09 11:22 AM
    Yeah the clickity clack makes it real obvious when you're typing... not good for office environment. haha.

Just switched to the 8900 today from the bold.. Still getting used to it. Don't like the clickityclackity of the keys but digging the smaller form.

06-18-09 11:23 AM
    I think I'm going to keep my Bold.

From what I understand, it's built better
    06-18-09 11:24 AM
    It's not a hassle at all. Backup the current device when you're about to switch. Restore the backup on the device you're about to switch to. Update your PIN on BIS and it's like nobody even knows that you switched devices.

it is a hassle if you have contacts that connect with you via pin. Switching devices and such is easy and so is updating your pin on bis. but the ppl who are trying to send a pin message to your other pin will be annoyed...
    06-18-09 08:40 PM
    Keep bold wait for onyx

06-18-09 08:43 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD