I love the touchscreen and the app store for the iPhone but I love the screen and call quality of the Blackberry. Which one should I choose?
    11-27-08 11:30 AM
    Depends on what your looking for. I personally hated typing on the touch screen. I love the Bold keyboard. The internet experience is better on the iphone but I think that is the only advantage it has ocer a bb. That is my opinion, I'm sure other iphone users would not agree. IMO the Bold is the best phone on the market.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 11:35 AM
    things the Bold Does that the Iphone doesnt:
    MMS messaging
    Video Capture
    Real Time Push Email (Iphone Email lags a bit)
    File Attachment on emails
    Copy and Paste
    Bigger Storage capacity (32G for Bold, 16G for Iphone)
    UMTS roaming in Korea/Japan
    Better Call Quality.
    Removable SIM and Battery.
    the Bold is Insurable, Iphone is not.

I think that about cover the majority of differences.
    11-27-08 11:39 AM
    Typing on the iPhone stinks! I love typing on my Bold.
    iPhone does not have MMS. Bold does.
    iPhone email is not as good as on the Bold.
    iPhone camera does not have a flash. Bold does.
    Can you guess my recommendation?? LOL

Oh forgot to mention....Bold has a bedside mode for charging. It rocks!!! I don't think the iPhone does.
    Last edited by jimmers; 11-27-08 at 11:43 AM.
    11-27-08 11:41 AM
    Typing on the iPhone stinks! I love typing on my Bold.
    iPhone does not have MMS. Bold does.
    iPhone email is not as good as on the Bold.
    iPhone camera does not have a flash. Bold does.
    Can you guess my recommendation?? LOL

Oh forgot to mention....Bold has a bedside mode for charging. It rocks!!! I don't think the iPhone does.
    bedside mode?
    11-27-08 11:51 AM
    You actually can roam with the iPhone in Korea and Japan. Both the iPhone and BB has WCDMA 2100 MHz

11-27-08 11:51 AM
    For me it was the difference between business and personal. The Iphone is pretty awesome to fool around with in your spare time but absolutely SUCKS for a business device. The Bold is an extremely efficient business tool and is still very fun to play with. All the stuff listed above plus:
    Today screen- being able to see messages and appts coming up
    Dial contacts from the home screen, it's about 3 or 4 times faster than on the Iphone to dial a phone # from your contacts
    I have NO lag with the Bold- I have owned every brand of smart phone I can think of and this is the first phone that does not lag when pulling up contacts (1000+).

On Phonescoop each phone has a lot of reviews (100+), the Iphone has an average rating of 3.4 out of 5 and the Bold is 4.8 out of 5. The Iphone is like a hot Blonde: fun to look at and play with but really pretty shallow!

11-27-08 11:58 AM
    it DEFINITELY depends on what you'll be using it for. Comparing the two are really like asking who should I draft in my fantasy football team, Brett Favre or Ray Lewis. It really depends on what you need to do with it.

They do a lot of the same things, but what they do individually, they are THE best at it (sorry Storm fans, but that phone is just average).

A jailbroken Iphone is THE coolest phone I've ever had. The BOLD is THE most efficient phone I've ever had. (I have both phones btw...lol).

I can literally download FREE movies in beautiful quality right to my phone and easily plug it into my tv. The Web browsing is amazing, and obviously the built in ipod is fantastic. Couple that with a bunch of great apps and you have an amazingly fun and effective tool in your pocket.

The BOLD is equally good, yet very different. Although the screen is very very good, its small. I wouldn't want to watch a movie on it. (Although, when Slingbox is released I will gladly put slingmobile on my Bold...lol).

The Bold is VERY fast, great sound quality, push email yadda yadda yadda....again, it depends on you and your intentions with a phone.
    11-27-08 12:11 PM
    Well, I think both are great devices. You must think in what way are you going to use it.

Bold is better for email and the other features mentioned above as MMS or removable battery.
    iPhone is better for multimedia; larger screen for watching videos, better music managing as an iPod, and best web browser in any mobile device in the market by far. Not only by speed, but in the way of managing it with the fingers.
    11-27-08 12:12 PM
    It is a preference. I have both becuase I like both. Typing on the iPhone doesn't suck. You need to get use to it. The typing experience sucks only if you suck at typing on it. It really is a skill. I type faster on my iPhone than I do on my Bold. But I mastered typing on the iPhone. I just slide my fingers around and I'm done. I don't even need to look.

Last edited by avt123; 11-27-08 at 12:42 PM.
    11-27-08 12:40 PM
    go with the BOLD!
    11-27-08 01:17 PM
    Well i have had both.. iPhone clearly wins in the browsing department and is really easy to use plus the app store is amazing on the iphone. The bold i have to say is a much better phone such as calls and emails wise. Although both phones dont really have very good battery life
    11-27-08 01:23 PM
    Well i have had both.. iPhone clearly wins in the browsing department and is really easy to use plus the app store is amazing on the iphone. The bold i have to say is a much better phone such as calls and emails wise. Although both phones dont really have very good battery life
    That's the trade-off you make by having a 3G phone. You can't expect the battery life to be amazing. Won't happen witha 3G device. I get 2 days out of both my iPhone and Bold with heavy use. That is good enough for me.

11-27-08 01:27 PM
    I had the iPhone along with my curve for a short while. Once I got my bold, I sold my iPhone. This does what I need. The internet experience is better on iphone but as far as things that a regular bb user would use, the bold is better for me at least.

11-27-08 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD