Hi all

Apologies for the 'newbie' question but I've spent a couple of hours googling this, going through the laughable help files of the Desktop Manager, and I'm at my wits' end.

All I'm trying to do is to get my music onto my phone. Really I don't want to have to sync - I just want to drag and drop the music I want into my phone, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

So I'm left with the Desktop. This has 'found' some of my music, and I've been able to 'sync' some across to my phone. However it's also found music that doesn't actually exist on my computer any more (things I deleted a long time ago - I have no idea where it found some trace of them) - and more importantly it's also not found a lot of my music which is on my PC and which I want to put onto my phone.

I've tried moving/copying the 'missing' music the Desktop can't find from one place to another on my (Windows 7) PC, including from the Downloads sub-folder where it was into My Documents \ Audio, and into My Music - locations where it found other music with no problems.

All to no avail - the Desktop just shows the same old stupid list of artists/playlists/albums, some of which exist, some of which don't.

The music is all in standard MP3 format with normal folder structures, by the way.

I'd be really, really grateful for any suggestions as I just don't know what to do.

Ideally I would love just to be able to drag and drop my music from computer to BB - given that doing most things on a BB is really intuitive and easy, I can't believe how badly the Desktop works and that there is no drag-and-drop.

I don't suppose there's any 3rd-party software that makes this easier?

Or can I do it in Windows Explorer? I'm however scared that if I do that, I might put the files into the wrong place and the phone won't recognise them in the music player.

Sincerest thanks for any advice - as I say, I really am at my wits' end here.
    10-27-13 05:47 PM
    I have always used a micro SD card. Drag and drop music from pc to the card. Phone will reconguise the card when you put it in. They are cheap to get these days. Forget the max a 9900 will hold. maybe 16gig?
    37201xoIM likes this.
    10-27-13 05:58 PM
    Thanks very much. Yes, I'm using an 8MB SD card - and if I can just drag & drop to that then that's absolutely fine, and I'll just turn off music sync'ing in the Desktop thing.

Confirming I can simply do that is really helpful - much appreciated.
    10-27-13 06:02 PM
    Thanks very much. Yes, I'm using an 8MB SD card - and if I can just drag & drop to that then that's absolutely fine, and I'll just turn off music sync'ing in the Desktop thing.

Confirming I can simply do that is really helpful - much appreciated.
    8MB is rather small. Perhaps you meant 8GB? I'm using a 16GB card in my 9900 that was harvested from a Z10.

When you plug the phone into the computer (assuming the proper drivers are installed) an option menu appears on the display of the phone. "USB drive/Media Sync/Charge only". Hit USB mount.

This presents a windows that you can copy+paste media onto the phone with.

Works in Windows 7 (my desktop) and Ubuntu. (Laptop)

Do you have the blackberry desktop manager installed? This should configure windows to recognize the devices
    10-27-13 06:59 PM
    First down load I tunes on to your desk top. As I understand it this is the vehicle to move the music from you PC to your phone. In my case I ripped all of my CD's onto my PC. Then plug in my BB. BB desk top will come up, just minimize it. Go to My Computer and bring up the BB file and fine music and open it. Then go to My Music and bring up the album you like, open it and just drag and drop. Thats it. EASY. T500J
    10-27-13 07:31 PM
    lol I have my entire music collection on a 32GB SD card in my 9900 <3
    10-27-13 07:50 PM
    Thanks very much for all of the above. Err, yes, that'll be 8GB rather than 8MB!!!

Really appreciate all the help - will try tonight and see how I get on.
    10-28-13 02:51 AM
    Just a quick "PS" to thank you all for the help and confirm that using the USB option works fine for me, and I'm fine just copying and pasting the music folders into the relevant folder on my phone's SD card.

Cheers, all!
    10-29-13 03:14 PM
    Momentarily there was an interesting-looking post regarding Blackberry Media Server. The post has however disappeared (oddly!).

Has anybody ever got Media Server to work? There don't seem to be any instructions that I can find online for how to make it work under Windows 7 - it's all very well turning Media Server on on the phone, but with no information seemingly available about what to do to your computer it's not all that helpful really...!

If anybody does know how to make it work, I'd be very interested to know!

Thanks.
    10-30-13 06:37 PM
    I mistakenly said that you can sync music onto your BlackBerry using Media Server but actually you can only access the files that are on your BlackBerry, you can't wirelessly transfer files to it
    10-30-13 06:51 PM
    I mistakenly said that you can sync music onto your BlackBerry using Media Server but actually you can only access the files that are on your BlackBerry, you can't wirelessly transfer files to it
    Aha, fair enough!

In any event Media Server doesn't work on my computer, as you'll gather from the above, so it's a bit academic anyway!

But nice of you to re-post as you have - thanks!
    10-30-13 07:06 PM