I ordered from cnn once as well. The blue trackball they sent me was god awful, it got so slippery and non responsive that I went back to the old one. The only reason I went for the blue was because they said it was OEM and I figured it'd work just like the OEM trackball that came with the bold. Live and learn I suppose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I wanted to check up on this so I went to their website. I'm not sure if they've changed it since or if you didn't read carefully but the coloured trackballs on their website doesn't have OEM written anywhere
    07-15-09 08:39 PM
    I wanted to check up on this so I went to their website. I'm not sure if they've changed it since or if you didn't read carefully but the coloured trackballs on their website doesn't have OEM written anywhere
    I think you like their service. Thats' fine. Can you read the thread again after I posted the new updates and tell me your opinions?
    07-16-09 07:57 AM
    As a Crackberry loyal member, I�d like to share my story with w ww.cnn.cn that sells Blackberry accessories.

True Story:

On 22nd June, 2009, I bought a lot of different parts (total $ 82) for my Blackberry Bold from the above website. Supposedly the parts are OEM. When I received the parts, I examined them and found that they are mixed: OEM with non-OEM. Afterward, I went to the website to leave feedback so that other buyers do not get raped off. The Admin of the website did not like my comments! So, he did not approve it. He basically does not support the right for free speech. If you write good comments about his products, he will approve it otherwise, forget it.

Anyway, I sent t an email to the support team, specifically �Steve Chan�, and told him that I�m not satisfied with some parts (for example the black trackball does not work and the bezel is not OEM) as well as the way they treat their customers. He replied �If you intend to keep the parts, we can send you a replacement for the G1 trackball, I believe you may have received one from a bad batch we had.�

I sent him back an email and told him �Yes, I am intended to keep them as long as you send me new trackball and bezel.� Since then (about 15 days), I have not received any replacements and he blocked my email because of the negative feedback that I left on his website. I sent him 4 emails he did not reply. Then, I went to the bank on 13th July and disputed the transaction. However, the website is a Hong Kong based and the procedures take long time, I was told.

I�m sharing my story to show you how terrible my experience was. I will leave it to you if want to buy or not from w ww.cnn.cn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATES: After I posted this thread and I disputed the transactions, cnn.cn started again to send me emails!!!!

Please, look at the emails and tell me your impressions. I'm gonna copy all the conversations except "my name"

"
    Mr. ......

It has come to our attention that a dispute has been filed against Geotrust against us. Checking your conversations between Steve Chan and yourself, we see that a replacement had been setup to be sent to you, but the replacement was not completed before Mr. Chan departed on urgent business. Unfortunately, all emails were sent to him as he was handling the case, we were unaware of the situation until now.

Seeing as your replacement package is already prepared for shipping, we can do one of two things

1. Refund your order in full

2. Ship out your order, but by FedEx to the address of your choosing

In either case, we apologize for the mishandling of your case. Let us know how you wish for this to be handled.

Franklin Lee
    "

"
    Really, are you kidding? First of all he was very rude and impolite with me from the beginning.

Second, he stopped answering my emails since July 1st and today is July 16th. He was trying to make my 30-days period for refund expire!! But, I knew it when he did not reply to 7 emails. Then,I sent back your all parts.

Third, I did reported about you to Geotrust, RBS World Pay, my credit card issuer and other U.S. Legal commerce authorities. And wrote about you articles and threads on the Internet.

Finally, keep your replacement for Steve and refund me.

Sent via BlackBerry Bold
    "
    You can tell I was so pissed off .

"
    Hi .............

Understand that you made your complaints, I would do the exact same thing in your case.

My apologies if he had sounded rude in his emails. However checking your conversation history between yourself and Mr Chan, I do see he said he will send you the replacement, only that it was not processed because of his urgent departure on the 1st. Also, he cannot expire your guarantee as the 30 day replacement is valid as long as the customer contacts us within 30 days receipt.

Have the parts been sent back, or are they still in your possession? If they have been sent back, we will gladly issue you a refund in full for your order.

Again, my apologies for this issue, I do wish we had double checked his inbox to see if there were any unresolved issues.

Let us know,

Franklin Lee
    "

"
    Yes, I called USPS and I was told that you received your parts in Hong Kong. Just refund me and delete my account from your database.

Sent via BlackBerry Bold
    "

See what He answers !!

"
    Hello .........

Do you have the tracking number for the package that you sent back? It may be in our PO box which we need to go pick it up

Franklin Lee
    "

"
    Can you check your mail box and not bother your customers ?
    "
    Thank you for sharing. I appreciate your honesty and the time it took to share and care enough to share. I will not consider them. Thank you
    07-16-09 08:11 AM
    My business we would give you a refund and let you keep the product, I have done it. And we would add you to a never do biz list. Problem is most folks that expect everything to be perfect all of the time have never done anything more than punch a clock for someone else. I sleep soundly at night knowing we handle 99.9 percent of our volume correctly. Just handle that part better next time because it will happen to you again. My 2 cents.
    Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by adding someone to a "never do biz" list? That means if someone has a problem and gets a refund, you don't do business with them again??

Sorry if I'm reading this wrong, but that seems sort of strange if that's the case.
    Because sometimes the commission you make off of an order isn't worth the trouble or the hassle of dealing with that particular customer again. We do the same thing in our business. Give the refund, fix as best as possible, try to make things right... but if the customer is arrogant/rude/overly righteous/overly picky or down right annoying... forget about it. Not worth it.
    07-16-09 09:40 AM
    Hi all,

I have made a few purchases from CNN.CN myself and was actually discussing my experience with a friend who was planning on getting stuff from there as well and he found this thread and forwarded it to me. Here's my take on this:

Let me give you a little background before I begin. I am based in Toronto, Canada and my background is India. Why I mention this is because being brought up in India I am completely aware of fakes and replicas and I did notice quite a few comments about users mentioning some parts as replicas. And yes, you guys are right. You get loads of fake or replicas in asia. We used to call them "cost effective imitations"... lol

So here's what it is. I Purchased housing and battery covers for my bold as well as my curve. The house is definitely a replica and so are the battery covers. The oem bezel for the bold........I would say is original. But then I did not care. Think about it. Blackberry wont manufacture snake skin or crocodile skin battery covers. So its but obvious that they have to be replicas built for BB by third parties. All that really matters here is the quality which I am very staisfied with.

So though most of the stuff are replicas, they are excellent quality and have perfect fit. No issues there. I heard the black trackball did not work. No comments there. I ordered the same and am waiting on the delivery.

To sum it up...........the products are great quality but most of them are replicas. But like I said, who cares, they fit perfectly (if not better than the original ones.....lol). You can call them the custom fitmants if you wanna make it sound cool. lol.

Now that all the good things are said here's the bad part. I have a HUGE complain agianst customer service though. Products are great, great pricing, good turn around time ( I got my 1st shipment in Toronto within 6 days at my door step)........all said and done...................these guys dont know what customer service means..................they need a lesson or two..........infact coming from India I would say its a very common issue............Most Asian outfits dont know the kind of standards we are used to in North America.......I hope CNN.CN is reading the post.........

Like I read from the member...........I completely agree............CNN.CN POSTS ONLY POSITIVE FEEDBACK.........ANYTHING NEGATIVE DOES NOT GET POSTED.....................thats crazy................

Now I am not being critical...............as you can see I am all good words for their products and pricing.................infact being from the service industry myself I make sure if I like something or am happy with a product, I reccomend it to everybody..............infact I was so happy when I got the 1st shipment that I went to theior website and posted reviews for every single product I bought.......................here's the funny part............................ONLY MY 5 STAR RATING REVIEWS GOT POSTED...........................ANYTHING WITH THE SLIGHTEST NEGATIVE FEEDBACK NEVER MADE ITS WAY TO THE POSTS ON THE WEBSITE...............THAT SUCKS........................................

Honest suggestion for CNN.CN............if you guys want to cater to european and north american markets............THIS IS BIG!!!!!! Unlike back home in Asia or South East Asia............People's voice counts big time...........feedback counts big time...............its all about honesty and integrity.............people are loyal. So freedom of speech is BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG.......you guys have to understand that. If you guys wanna get popular.......you have to let people express...............that ways you will have loyal customers who will actually do your marketing for you...........and forums like these are very important places where all this **** happens.............

Enough Said........................CNN.........great products...........just brush up your people skills........................

I was highly gonna reccomend the cnn.cn website to a huge pool of blackberry addicts in my circle.........but this post held me back.........lets see how it goes.......

Hope this loooooooooooong post helped out.........
    07-16-09 10:24 AM
    me personally, i've ordered items from them twice with great experiences both times. it sucks some have had bad experiences though.
    07-16-09 10:35 AM
    arnie2nirvana is the MAN ... very insightful post....
    07-16-09 10:42 AM
    does anyone know if the plain "OEM" trackball with the silver ring that they sell on cnn is actually OEM? i recently just ordered it a couple of days ago and after reading this i kind of regretted getting it off that site. and how do you tell if its OEM?
    I ordered the same one before and the ones I got did not actually have a silver ring. It had a white plastic ring. I really dont think it a true OEM but I had no issues with the trackball. Both worked very well on bothe BB's.
    07-16-09 10:47 AM
    arnie2nirvana, GREAT comments!

But, my friend why you use a lot of these "................." "..............." I got dizzy loooooooooool
    07-16-09 11:28 AM
    BIG thanks to Crackberry.com and its Members for the 5 stars rating. Honestly, this forum supports the freedom of speech
    07-16-09 11:31 AM
    Ive ordered from CNN many many times, I got an order today, one item was the OEM G1 trackball ($10), I had ordered this item before so I knew what to expect, but instead I got a white trackball that had be dyed black and is unusable (it's impossible to scroll with it).

I've sent them an email and hopefully they do the right thing and replace it with the one I ordered. This is the only problem Ive ever had with them so we'll see how this goes.
    Last edited by Shao128; 07-16-09 at 11:47 AM.
    07-16-09 11:45 AM
    arnie2nirvana, GREAT comments!

But, my friend why you use a lot of these "................." "..............." I got dizzy loooooooooool

Actually thanks to you bro for your original posts. Mope people shopuld speak out like you did. Makes life and choices easier for others. It was actually my friend who showed me this thread and I thought....****! why not?

Even I wrote to this shop owner guy and he never replied back> I found that very rude or atleast thats not what I am used to in my industry. Hope you get heard and they realise.

Cheers
    07-16-09 05:12 PM
    From past experience and those of people I know, they hardly sell anything that is OEM. I mean you can just see from the pictures sometimes.

You have to keep in mind this is a company based in Hong Kong, China which is one of the world's largest areas for rampant piracy and counterfeit/knockoff goods.

Keep on the bank with your dispute and do your business elsewhere next time.

What a bunch of scum bags. Don't EVER shop there.

07-16-09 06:13 PM
    Any part that looks different than what RIM officially sells from it's own store is not OEM.

So those black bezels are not OEM. Yes they fit, feel and look the same but they aren't. The only way the black bezel would be OEM is if cnn.cn somehow rubbed the paint off of the original OEM silver bezel.

You can just see from the pictures that the bezel's they sell aren't OEM. Look at the button for your microsd slot. It has the logo of memory card on it right? Look at the button on the ones they sell. It doesn't have it.

I'm not trashing them, I'm just saying. I consider OEM to be EXACT parts. Meaning they are one and the same as the ones that go into the factory builds. Anything that looks, feels, fits the same is a replacement designed to meet OEM standards.

So far to my knowledge. Most LCD's found at sites are considered OEM. There is no way they have been able to replicate the LCD of the Bold. Im curious as to where they somehow buy the official screens from because RIM wouldn't allow that but oh well.

I think the only OEM thing RIM sells that changes the look of the Bold is the 5-6 different color battery covers.
    07-17-09 05:51 AM
    Ive ordered from CNN many many times, I got an order today, one item was the OEM G1 trackball ($10), I had ordered this item before so I knew what to expect, but instead I got a white trackball that had be dyed black and is unusable (it's impossible to scroll with it).

I've sent them an email and hopefully they do the right thing and replace it with the one I ordered. This is the only problem Ive ever had with them so we'll see how this goes.
    Just an update on my situation, they emailed last night and said there was some mix up and would be sending me the correct trackball at no charge.
    07-17-09 08:09 AM
    Any part that looks different than what RIM officially sells from it's own store is not OEM.

So those black bezels are not OEM. Yes they fit, feel and look the same but they aren't. The only way the black bezel would be OEM is if cnn.cn somehow rubbed the paint off of the original OEM silver bezel.

You can just see from the pictures that the bezel's they sell aren't OEM. Look at the button for your microsd slot. It has the logo of memory card on it right? Look at the button on the ones they sell. It doesn't have it.

I'm not trashing them, I'm just saying. I consider OEM to be EXACT parts. Meaning they are one and the same as the ones that go into the factory builds. Anything that looks, feels, fits the same is a replacement designed to meet OEM standards.

So far to my knowledge. Most LCD's found at sites are considered OEM. There is no way they have been able to replicate the LCD of the Bold. Im curious as to where they somehow buy the official screens from because RIM wouldn't allow that but oh well.

I think the only OEM thing RIM sells that changes the look of the Bold is the 5-6 different color battery covers.
    Great clarification!

Just an update on my situation, they emailed last night and said there was some mix up and would be sending me the correct trackball at no charge.
    Good for you. I'm happy that you had a better experience than mine
    07-17-09 08:39 AM
    let me just say that in asia they are not big on giving the best customer service nor giving back money or changing broken items. never tried buying outside in u.s. and will never do.
    08-10-09 03:08 AM
    i totally agreed

i've ordered few trackballs from them, i'm 99.99% its not authentic as its hard to navigate using their bloody trackballs
    08-10-09 03:11 AM
    let me just say that in asia they are not big on giving the best customer service nor giving back money or changing broken items.
    never tried buying outside in u.s. and will never do.
    I'd say the second sentence makes you unqualified to make the statement in the first sentence.

Having never tried drugs, I can tell you they have nothing to offer.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 08-10-09 at 03:46 AM.
    08-10-09 03:21 AM
    im glad you posted this.....someone actually recommended me to that site, but i see now that would be a mistake!
    08-10-09 09:16 AM
    I dont understand this American part thing. Nice to be patriotic of some of you but most consumer electronics be it branded RIMM Blackberry, Sony, Dell, HP, Motorola, Samsung are assembled and more often than not now designed in China under the branded company's supervision. Motorola hands out design of almost all of their low end handsets to a company in Taiwan and then they are manufactured in China. There is a company called Foxconn (part of HonHai group in Taiwan the biggest tech company in the world that no one has heard of) that makes the handest for RIMM. Foxconn also makes the iPod for Apple and XBOX for MSFT. Most likely the mold used to make the bezel is the same as the mold used to make the original bezel. At least I would hope so for purposes of fit. Or whoever CNN gets the bezel from has someonehow "obtained" the mold. If you think ordering from a US retailer means you are getting an American part and somehow its better you don't understand the global tech supply chain at all. Like someone said all you are doing is paying more for the same thing. If its there own mold and the fit and quality is sloppy compared to the orignal then the marketplace will decide and there will be no further business. I have never ordered from CNN but want to. But this debate about American parts demonstrates serious lack of knowledge. Its like someone saying buy a Dell because its an American computer. lol.
    08-10-09 10:09 AM
    Now someone give me a review of how the chrome bezel fits and looks since I need one and am thinking of ordering from CNN. Thanks.
    08-10-09 10:12 AM
    Well I own a business and have for many years and we touch around 1200 THINGS a month in our shop and have a web business that does another 300 or so a month. I worked for companies that would strive to have zero defect through out their operation and never attained it. We have a record of .1 percent now that means every month we screwed up 15 - 16 things. To be honest I sleep really well knowing that we got all of the rest right. If you could understand that these things happen and treat it like an adult it might go easier, the complaint process. My business we would give you a refund and let you keep the product, I have done it. And we would add you to a never do biz list. Problem is most folks that expect everything to be perfect all of the time have never done anything more than punch a clock for someone else. I sleep soundly at night knowing we handle 99.9 percent of our volume correctly. Just handle that part better next time because it will happen to you again. My 2 cents.

1500 * .1% = 1.5....I hope your business isnt in accounting.

Even so...I ordered a Bold LCD from a supplier in Texas and it just never showed up. Mind you...I couldnt use the phone AT ALL for weeks because of this horrible service! They used USPS and sent me a tracking number...USPS doesnt track unless its priority...otherwise it just shows when ordered for pickup.

Unit never showed...I wrote to the vendor and the email had the whiff of a little "hey...what the f***". I re-read it and thought...the Postal Service picked it up...it isnt here...we both got a little screwed. I rewrote the email with simply the order number and "please look into this for me."

The vendor wrote back within an hour falling over himself to apologize. Then he said, "I wish I had known a little earlier. I am in your area on vacation and I would have hand delivered this to you." So here is a small business, trying to make it right. Wasnt his fault. Not only did he send me the part again, but he paid extra shipping so we would both know exactly where it was. We actually continued to write each other and I told him some places to go on his vacation while he was around my area. We had even scheduled to meet for a beer!

GREAT customer service...oh and by the way...part came not exactly as the picture showed, but worked EXACTLY perfectly (as a matter of fact I compared it to my brother's brand new bold and the screen was actually clearer and brighter).

Moral of the story is that you get more flies with honey than vinegar.

I too have thought about ordering from cnn.cn, but frankly...I just cant wait that long to get a part. I would rather pay an extra $5 and get it here in 3 - 5 days guaranteed. I cant take ordering a part from china and they say it will be here between 5 and 30 business days.
    08-10-09 10:53 AM
    First off - I have been ordering from CNN.CN for about the past 4 years and I have only had 1 problem - and Dennis handled it very professionally and I was satisfied with the outcome. I do not represent the company - I am just a long term very satisfied customer. To the OP - When I had a problem, I contacted CNN.cn via e-mail and gave them a few days to respond: I know they have a lot of customers and they are a small company. When Dennis contacted me, he told me he would send a new part - and he did - and it fit perfectly. As to "true" OEM vs knock-off - I'm not an expert and everything has worked as advertised except for one item. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience - but before I left negative feedback, I would give the merchant a chance to correct the problem before trashing them. I for one will continue to shop at CNN.cn as long as they have what I want.

i agree completely. oem or no oem i dont really care, as long as the price is good and the parts work then whatever. ill def still shop at cnn, they've treated me well and provided me with what i want.
    08-10-09 01:00 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD