Well I own a business and have for many years and we touch around 1200 THINGS a month in our shop and have a web business that does another 300 or so a month. I worked for companies that would strive to have zero defect through out their operation and never attained it. We have a record of .1 percent now that means every month we screwed up 15 - 16 things. To be honest I sleep really well knowing that we got all of the rest right. If you could understand that these things happen and treat it like an adult it might go easier, the complaint process. My business we would give you a refund and let you keep the product, I have done it. And we would add you to a never do biz list. Problem is most folks that expect everything to be perfect all of the time have never done anything more than punch a clock for someone else. I sleep soundly at night knowing we handle 99.9 percent of our volume correctly. Just handle that part better next time because it will happen to you again. My 2 cents.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Interesting read, thanks. <(not sarcasm by the way)>
    07-14-09 08:41 PM
    My business we would give you a refund and let you keep the product, I have done it. And we would add you to a never do biz list.

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by adding someone to a "never do biz" list? That means if someone has a problem and gets a refund, you don't do business with them again??

Sorry if I'm reading this wrong, but that seems sort of strange if that's the case.
    07-14-09 09:15 PM
    Personally, I have read enough bad reviews on CB (do a search), that I wouldn't personally give them my money. I heard once when I got into retail, you can advertise your product all you want, but word of mouth about a bad experience travels 2x as fast as a good experience.
    07-14-09 10:41 PM
    pm me i got a better place here in the usa
    and they are on the e c area let me know or send me pm
    07-14-09 10:45 PM
    If they are a reputable company, why not post the link for everyone?

I have ordered parts for my RAZR and Curve 8310 from CNN and have never had a problem.

Why does everyone think that OEM means (in this case) produced by RIM? The definition of OEM:

"An original equipment manufacturer, or OEM, manufactures products or components which are purchased by a second company and retailed under the second company's brand name"

Do you think RIM makes every part of every phone they make? No. Like most companies they outsource the production to the cheapest bidder.

Does CNN have an agreement with the OEM suppliers to resell the parts or are they selling cheap knockoffs?

Who knows? I just placed my order for some Bold parts and I'll report back once I get the parts.
    07-15-09 12:14 AM
    Dealsishop was great for me and is based in the USA for those interested.
    07-15-09 12:32 AM
    Dealsishop was great for me and is based in the USA for those interested.
    Where do their parts come from?

I would love to buy from a US company selling US made parts.
    07-15-09 01:46 AM
    1. Buying from American suppliers means buying the same chinese parts just paying twice as much, the only benefit is you ll get it a couple of days earlier. 2. The fact that you left negative feedback before the situation was resolved I would block your email as well just for that.

07-15-09 02:02 AM
    Yeah sure... Everyone who hasn't had any issues with them MUST be a spokeperson for them. In that case more than half of the members of this site who have no problems with cnn are spokespersons too?
    No because more than half of the members who order from them don't come to someone else's post and trash the OP for stating his experience while not even blaming the company for what essentially is there problem.

I'm glad that you had no issues with them. Please continue doing business with them. Don't go and tear down someone else who had problems with them though.
    07-15-09 02:05 AM
    If they are a reputable company, why not post the link for everyone?

I have ordered parts for my RAZR and Curve 8310 from CNN and have never had a problem.

Why does everyone think that OEM means (in this case) produced by RIM? The definition of OEM:

"An original equipment manufacturer, or OEM, manufactures products or components which are purchased by a second company and retailed under the second company's brand name"

Do you think RIM makes every part of every phone they make? No. Like most companies they outsource the production to the cheapest bidder.

Does CNN have an agreement with the OEM suppliers to resell the parts or are they selling cheap knockoffs?

Who knows? I just placed my order for some Bold parts and I'll report back once I get the parts.
    To me, OEM means it is the exact same part that goes on the device in the factory. That's what makes it an OEM product. RIM has several companies making OEM products. But all that means is that the products are those that go on the device.

A part that looks, feels, and fits just like the original OEM part, doesn't make it OEM.
    07-15-09 02:08 AM
    but before I left negative feedback, I would give the merchant a chance to correct the problem before trashing them. .
    I think you need to read what I said again .

Well I own a business and have for many years and we touch around 1200 THINGS a month in our shop and have a web business that does another 300 or so a month. I worked for companies that would strive to have zero defect through out their operation and never attained it. We have a record of .1 percent now that means every month we screwed up 15 - 16 things. To be honest I sleep really well knowing that we got all of the rest right. If you could understand that these things happen and treat it like an adult it might go easier, the complaint process. My business we would give you a refund and let you keep the product, I have done it. And we would add you to a never do biz list. Problem is most folks that expect everything to be perfect all of the time have never done anything more than punch a clock for someone else. I sleep soundly at night knowing we handle 99.9 percent of our volume correctly. Just handle that part better next time because it will happen to you again. My 2 cents.

Frankly, I could not keep track of what you are trying to say.

Cnn's emails have been known to get caught up in peoples spam inbox. Have you checked there?
    Yep, he actually answered my first emails and then stopped

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by adding someone to a "never do biz" list? That means if someone has a problem and gets a refund, you don't do business with them again??

Sorry if I'm reading this wrong, but that seems sort of strange if that's the case.
    I was wondering too

2. The fact that you left negative feedback before the situation was resolved I would block your email as well just for that.

I think you need to read more carefully next time . How would the issue be resolved if he stopped answering your emails !!!???
    07-15-09 04:23 AM
    I ordered from cnn once as well. The blue trackball they sent me was god awful, it got so slippery and non responsive that I went back to the old one. The only reason I went for the blue was because they said it was OEM and I figured it'd work just like the OEM trackball that came with the bold. Live and learn I suppose.

07-15-09 04:25 AM
    No because more than half of the members who order from them don't come to someone else's post and trash the OP for stating his experience while not even blaming the company for what essentially is there problem.

I'm glad that you had no issues with them. Please continue doing business with them. Don't go and tear down someone else who had problems with them though.
    I'm not trashing him. In what way do you believe I am trashing him? I'm stating my opinions and my experiences just like he is and just like you are. That is the point of a forum isn't it? My only problem is that he admittedly went and left negative feedback before trying to get anything resolved. and then after he tried to trash them on their own site, he wanted them to treat him nicely. That is the only problem I have. I'm sure if the OP acted reasonably and tried to contact the seller BEFORE trashing them he would have actually gone somewhere.

1. Buying from American suppliers means buying the same chinese parts just paying twice as much, the only benefit is you ll get it a couple of days earlier. 2. The fact that you left negative feedback before the situation was resolved I would block your email as well just for that.

You're absolutely correct about american suppliers. Where do you guys think the USA sellers get their parts from? You think they're actually made in USA?
    07-15-09 06:52 AM
    What do you expect when you're buying products from China? Learn your lesson once and move on.

berrymods.com is the best site by far. Great products and excellent customer service.
    07-15-09 07:31 AM
    Thanks al3azef ... now im shocked

alot of sites don't approve negative feedbacks ..

and all you see is just "GREAT SITE" FAST SHIPPING !

i feel like the admins are writing these feedbacks
    07-15-09 11:58 AM
    cnn.cn is great. ive always had good experiences with them... just a month ago i cracked my bolds midplate in half and ordered one from cnn. works perfect. fixed up my phone completely after a bad accident. i got the bezel, keypad, trackball and midplate from them. no complaints here.
    07-15-09 12:33 PM
    "Let the buyer beware" applies worldwide, not just in the U.S.
    I know your frustration, not with this company, but with others.

As a Crackberry loyal member, I�d like to share my story with w ww.cnn.cn that sells Blackberry accessories.

True Story:

On 22nd June, 2009, I bought a lot of different parts (total $ 82) for my Blackberry Bold from the above website. Supposedly the parts are OEM. When I received the parts, I examined them and found that they are mixed: OEM with non-OEM. Afterward, I went to the website to leave feedback so that other buyers do not get raped off. The Admin of the website did not like my comments! So, he did not approve it. He basically does not support the right for free speech?. If you write good comments about his products, he will approve it otherwise, forget it.

Anyway, I sent t an email to the support team, specifically �Steve Chan�, and told him that I�m not satisfied with some parts (for example the black trackball does not work and the bezel is not OEM) as well as the way they treat their customers. He replied �If you intend to keep the parts, we can send you a replacement for the G1 trackball, I believe you may have received one from a bad batch we had.�

I sent him back an email and told him �Yes, I am intended to keep them as long as you send me new trackball and bezel.� Since then (about 15 days), I have not received any replacements and he blocked my email because of the negative feedback that I left on his website. I sent him 4 emails he did not reply. Then, I went to the bank on 13th July and disputed the transaction. However, the website is a Hong Kong based and the procedures take long time, I was told.

I�m sharing my story to show you how terrible my experience was. I will leave it to you if want to buy or not from w ww.cnn.cn
    07-15-09 12:39 PM
    If they are legit, whats the secret?
    07-15-09 12:45 PM
    I've had a similar experience. He told me he would send me a replacement bezel becuse of chippings and a replacement SD door because of scratches.....3 months later and I dont have either. I have sent 4 emails with only 1 reply. He asked me to photo the door and chippings. I did, sent the photos, he said ok I'll send you new stuff and never F****** did! This Chan guy is a real loser who stole my money. I'm going to dispute all charges with my CC company.
    Last edited by BBsnub; 07-15-09 at 12:59 PM.
    07-15-09 12:56 PM
    That's unfortunate that the OP got treated like that. But it's a business in Hong Kong.. not really known for freedom of speech

That said, I ordered a few things from them for my Bold (blk bezel, trackball, etc) and everything came fairly quickly and everything fits perfect and looks OEM. So for the price (like $30) I can't complain at all.

I actually thought cnn.cn was highly regarded as the goto place for modding a BB. Everyone seemed to have suggested them in the posts/threads I've read.
    07-15-09 01:04 PM
    I just received my black bezel today from theme. Delivery was pretty fast, and the price was very good. I don't know if it's OEM but it does look good and I can't tell the diff for original or not. Now i have to install it tonight and ill see if it looks has good on the phone has it does of the phone.
    07-15-09 01:56 PM
    I recently ordered from CNN.cn a black bezel, new keypad, buttons and all are performing perfectly on my Bold. I got everything in 6 business days - no problems and all the parts I got have the same stamps on them as the originals do. I am gauging my evaluation on performance, ie: fit, function, appearance. What some have said here is true - God knows where RIM gets the original parts, and who's to say that the China connection isn't involved there as well. After all, I ordered a black bezel because I assumed there wasn't an original... that one is silver.
    07-15-09 01:57 PM
    Ok just installed my new black bezel from cnn, and everything fits perfect. I don't know if it's OEM but it looks great and had no problems with it
    07-15-09 07:27 PM
    Tons of websites don't allow negative comments on their own products...
    07-15-09 07:39 PM
    does anyone know if the plain "OEM" trackball with the silver ring that they sell on cnn is actually OEM? i recently just ordered it a couple of days ago and after reading this i kind of regretted getting it off that site. and how do you tell if its OEM?
    07-15-09 08:01 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD