As a Crackberry loyal member, I’d like to share my story with w ww.cnn.cn that sells Blackberry accessories.

True Story:

On 22nd June, 2009, I bought a lot of different parts (total $ 82) for my Blackberry Bold from the above website. Supposedly the parts are OEM. When I received the parts, I examined them and found that they are mixed: OEM with non-OEM. Afterward, I went to the website to leave feedback so that other buyers do not get raped off. The Admin of the website did not like my comments! So, he did not approve it. He basically does not support the right for free speech. If you write good comments about his products, he will approve it otherwise, forget it.

Anyway, I sent t an email to the support team, specifically “Steve Chan”, and told him that I’m not satisfied with some parts (for example the black trackball does not work and the bezel is not OEM) as well as the way they treat their customers. He replied “If you intend to keep the parts, we can send you a replacement for the G1 trackball, I believe you may have received one from a bad batch we had.”

I sent him back an email and told him “Yes, I am intended to keep them as long as you send me new trackball and bezel.” Since then (about 15 days), I have not received any replacements and he blocked my email because of the negative feedback that I left on his website. I sent him 4 emails he did not reply. Then, I went to the bank on 13th July and disputed the transaction. However, the website is a Hong Kong based and the procedures take long time, I was told.

I’m sharing my story to show you how terrible my experience was. I will leave it to you if want to buy or not from w ww.cnn.cn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATES: After I posted this thread and I disputed the transactions, cnn.cn started again to send me emails!!!!

Please, look at the emails and tell me your impressions. I'm gonna copy all the conversations except "my name"

"
    Mr. ......

It has come to our attention that a dispute has been filed against Geotrust against us. Checking your conversations between Steve Chan and yourself, we see that a replacement had been setup to be sent to you, but the replacement was not completed before Mr. Chan departed on urgent business. Unfortunately, all emails were sent to him as he was handling the case, we were unaware of the situation until now.

Seeing as your replacement package is already prepared for shipping, we can do one of two things

1. Refund your order in full

2. Ship out your order, but by FedEx to the address of your choosing

In either case, we apologize for the mishandling of your case. Let us know how you wish for this to be handled.

Franklin Lee
    "

"
    Really, are you kidding? First of all he was very rude and impolite with me from the beginning.

Second, he stopped answering my emails since July 1st and today is July 16th. He was trying to make my 30-days period for refund expire!! But, I knew it when he did not reply to 7 emails. Then,I sent back your all parts.

Third, I did reported about you to Geotrust, RBS World Pay, my credit card issuer and other U.S. Legal commerce authorities. And wrote about you articles and threads on the Internet.

Finally, keep your replacement for Steve and refund me.

Sent via BlackBerry Bold
    "
    You can tell I was so pissed off .

"
    Hi .............

Understand that you made your complaints, I would do the exact same thing in your case.

My apologies if he had sounded rude in his emails. However checking your conversation history between yourself and Mr Chan, I do see he said he will send you the replacement, only that it was not processed because of his urgent departure on the 1st. Also, he cannot expire your guarantee as the 30 day replacement is valid as long as the customer contacts us within 30 days receipt.

Have the parts been sent back, or are they still in your possession? If they have been sent back, we will gladly issue you a refund in full for your order.

Again, my apologies for this issue, I do wish we had double checked his inbox to see if there were any unresolved issues.

Let us know,

Franklin Lee
    "

"
    Yes, I called USPS and I was told that you received your parts in Hong Kong. Just refund me and delete my account from your database.

Sent via BlackBerry Bold
    "

See what He answers !!

"
    Hello .........

Do you have the tracking number for the package that you sent back? It may be in our PO box which we need to go pick it up

Franklin Lee
    "

"
    Can you check your mail box and not bother your customers ?
    "
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATES:
    Few more emails

CNN.CN
    "
    Hello ....

The package is still in Chicago, it hasn’t even left the States yet, all it says is USPS received your package on the 6th. Here’s the tracking info USPS - Track & Confirm

Franklin Lee
    "

ME
    "
    Thank you for the information I will check with them next Mon. When I called them two days ago they told the package has been received.

Sent via BlackBerry Bold
    "

ME
    "
    Actually, the package is NOT in Chicago. And the link you provided just says this "Your item was accepted at 2:59 PM on July 6, 2009 in CHICAGO, IL 60604"

The USPS does not say "The package is still in Chicago, it hasn’t even left the States yet"
    "

ME
    "
    Franklin (formerly Steve),

It seems to me that you are not wiling to full refund me even though you have received all of your parts. So, I'm going to take further steps.
    "

ME
    "
    Listen ! my order was on 22nd June. Today is 18th July and I still haven not received my refund. All what you have been doing will be held against you. I have all your emails and you admitted that you have neglected and ignored my emails from 1st July until I reported about you on 15th July.

Keep going........ Steve
    "
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE of 20th July:

CNN.CN
    "
    Al3azef,

Yes, but isn’t the tracking suppost to reflect the fact that the package has left the States, and also that it has been delivered? That’s what we get for our tracking when we send our packages to the States…

And I’m not Steve. I’m handling your case now.

We’ll check our PO box again today to see if your package has arrived.

Franklin
    "

CNN.CN
    "
    Just to let you know that the package has been retrieved from the PO box. It will be checked for completeness and refunded once confirmed.

Franklin
    "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lessons:

1- It took me about a month (22 June- 20 July) to get $80 back!

2- EXTREMELY bad service and rude representatives

3- I reported RBS Wolrd Pay, GeoTrust , my bank and USPS because they stopped answering my emails for 15 days (1st June - 15th June). I was almost going to report to the FBI and CIA hahaaaa just kidding

4- Buy from U.S./Canada even if the parts more expensive and DO NOT waste your time and money with CNN.CN

5- All the parts they sell are non-OEM and the quality is terrible

6- I WILL NEVER BUY FROM CHINA!

7- I lost total of $15 for the shipment both ways.

8- Hopefully you find this post helpful

Cheers
    Last edited by al3azef; 07-20-09 at 04:21 AM. Reason: New emails
    07-14-09 03:44 AM
    From past experience and those of people I know, they hardly sell anything that is OEM. I mean you can just see from the pictures sometimes.

You have to keep in mind this is a company based in Hong Kong, China which is one of the world's largest areas for rampant piracy and counterfeit/knockoff goods.

Keep on the bank with your dispute and do your business elsewhere next time.
    07-14-09 04:12 AM
    I'm actually quite surprised. I thought all their products were OEM!
    07-14-09 04:14 AM
    They write OEM on almost everything they sell but you can see they aren't. I guess their definition of OEM is probably meeting OEM specifics or standards. Meaning they look, fit and feel just like the originals. But they are not OEM.

I consider OEM to be the EXACT same thing that goes into factory builds.

For example, a buddy of mine bought the silver (supposedly OEM) bezel to replace his scratched one and he bought the one that came with the side buttons and everything. When he got it, it looked almost exactly the same. Except, the button in which the memory card goes was missing the little printed logo on the top that comes with every Bold bezel.
    Last edited by Madness87; 07-14-09 at 04:26 AM.
    07-14-09 04:22 AM
    i've ordered from that website several times and have never had any problems with their products apart from a blue trackball which became slippery (understandably since it was non OEM). a lot of other people have also had success with this site. maybe it's just because we're not picky. or maybe because you really got a bad batch. to each his own but to just come out and trash a supplier on their own website isn't that right. and you leaving a bad comment on their website before trying to contact the seller is like spitting in someone's face and then asking for a refund. it seems pretty stupid to badmouth their company publicly and then expect them to help you out
    07-14-09 04:24 AM
    I just buy American when I can!!!!!! You can find the parts in the USA. Its worth the extra buck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 04:44 AM
    i've ordered from that website several times and have never had any problems with their products apart from a blue trackball which became slippery (understandably since it was non OEM). a lot of other people have also had success with this site. maybe it's just because we're not picky. or maybe because you really got a bad batch. to each his own but to just come out and trash a supplier on their own website isn't that right. and you leaving a bad comment on their website before trying to contact the seller is like spitting in someone's face and then asking for a refund. it seems pretty stupid to badmouth their company publicly and then expect them to help you out
    You sound like a spokesman for them... Let's not forget that they are running a business. And the OP said they clearly screwed up his order and so why wouldn't he leave negative comments? How does that help anyone if everyone sees that they have perfect ratings? We shouldn't have to expect problems to be fixed after they happen, but they shouldn't happen at all.

I don't know about you, but if someone screws up my order, I'm leaving a bad review. I'm not going to wait until they fix it and then give them a good approval because it shouldn't have had to be fixed in the first place.
    07-14-09 04:58 AM
    i think that if a supplier is promising an item and is not delivering on the promise then the PAYING ($82) CLIENT has the right to give negative feedback. Now because of this story and how the supplier has handled the situation i will not buy from them on principal. screw cnn.cn

EDIT: Thanks to al3azef for the feedback and sharing your experience with us...
    Last edited by jayred; 07-14-09 at 05:42 AM.
    07-14-09 05:21 AM
    i also thought they sell OEM stuff....
    07-14-09 05:23 AM
    seriously cnn.cn is really bad with all the fake parts and very slow service. buy OEM parts from a blackberry approved store.
    07-14-09 06:43 AM
    seriously cnn.cn is really bad with all the fake parts and very slow service. buy OEM parts from a blackberry approved store.
    The problem is... the parts people want are not approved by any blackberry store. I have yet to find a single RIM approved site that sells ACTUAL OEM parts such as bezels etc...

Makes me wonder why BB doesn't sell it themselves. I mean a lot of people mod or change their BB's and so RIM could make a fortune with parts.
    07-14-09 07:13 AM
    I've bought plenty from cnn and oem or not, I can't tell the difference so that's good enough for me. The keyboard I bought for my bold seems like and exact if not better product than what came on the device. I write this off as being too picky.

People want cheap parts but complain when they get cheap parts?

07-14-09 07:32 AM
    I've bought plenty from cnn and oem or not, I can't tell the difference so that's good enough for me. The keyboard I bought for my bold seems like and exact if not better product than what came on the device. I write this off as being too picky.

People want cheap parts but complain when they get cheap parts?

It has nothing to do with cheap parts. But all to do with the way they advertise their products. Just because it looks and feels like the real thing doesn't make it so. It's just the same as buying a knockoff louis vuitton purse and a real one.

You can't beat their prices, but people should know they aren't getting the EXACT same thing that goes into factory originals.
    07-14-09 07:42 AM
    It has nothing to do with cheap parts. But all to do with the way they advertise their products. Just because it looks and feels like the real thing doesn't make it so. It's just the same as buying a knockoff louis vuitton purse and a real one.

You can't beat their prices, but people should know they aren't getting the EXACT same thing that goes into factory originals.
    Well the parts I received, IMO are OEM, I can't tell the difference and I'm not about to hire an engineer to check them for me. And only a fool would go to China and think they're getting a real LV bag, regardless of what is said. Especially if it's way cheaper than what you know it should be.
    07-14-09 08:04 AM
    They as well as many places that sell "OEM replacement parts" = they look, they feel, they act like the original OEM part, but are not made by the OEM manufactuer.

This goes for car parts, furniture and so forth that is purchased from a NON OEM ORIGINAL SUPPLIER.

Just to note, China is not a place you want have a argument over FREEDOM OF SPEECH my fellow friends/neighbors. I am Canadian and proud of it and proud of the freedom we have over here and i am proud to be a neighbor to my friends south of the border.

Do remember that any business in our two countries also have the right to ban any comments they dislike on their websites. Trust me many big American Website Stores i purhchased from and even some within Canada have not approved some of my comments, even though we are all allowed equality of rights to state what we wish, but remember the businesses don't have to appove or like what your saying as if they feel it is not the true definition of there business image.

Now besides all of this jibberish i just posted upon, keep one thing in mind for future reference.

If you have a bad product from a place, number one rule don't go flying of the handle the old American/Canadian way. Do email or call (when reasonable) to see if a replacement can be made (do so in a calm way and use effective communication) that means be polite and courteous and you will find this way works a lot better then the negative way of thinking.

Thks
    Last edited by xamdam; 07-14-09 at 08:14 AM.
    07-14-09 08:11 AM
    They as well as many places that sell "OEM replacement parts" = they look, they feel, they act like the original OEM part, but are not made by the OEM manufactuer.

This goes for car parts, furniture and so forth that is purchased from a NON OEM ORIGINAL SUPPLIER.

Just to note, China is not a place you want have a argument over FREEDOM OF SPEECH my fellow friends/neighbors. I am Canadian and proud of it and proud of the freedom we have over here and i am proud to be a neighbor to my friends south of the border.

Do remember that any business in our two countries also have the right to ban any comments they dislike on their websites. Trust me many big American Website Stores i purhchased from and even some within Canada have not approved some of my comments, even though we are all allowed equality of rights to state what we wish, but remember the businesses don't have to appove or like what your saying as if they feel it is not the true definition of there business image.

Now besides all of this jibberish i just posted upon, keep one thing in mind for future reference.

If you have a bad product from a place, number one rule don't go flying of the handle the old American/Canadian way. Do email or call (when reasonable) to see if a replacement can be made (do so in a calm way and use effective communication) that means be polite and courteous and you will find this way works a lot better then the negative way of thinking.

Thks
    +100
    07-14-09 08:49 AM
    From past experience and those of people I know, they hardly sell anything that is OEM. I mean you can just see from the pictures sometimes.

You have to keep in mind this is a company based in Hong Kong, China which is one of the world's largest areas for rampant piracy and counterfeit/knockoff goods.

Keep on the bank with your dispute and do your business elsewhere next time.
    Thanks for the comment and that's what I'm gonna do next time

I'm actually quite surprised. I thought all their products were OEM!
    No, based on what I received only some of the parts are OEM.

They write OEM on almost everything they sell but you can see they aren't. I guess their definition of OEM is probably meeting OEM specifics or standards. Meaning they look, fit and feel just like the originals. But they are not OEM.

I consider OEM to be the EXACT same thing that goes into factory builds.

For example, a buddy of mine bought the silver (supposedly OEM) bezel to replace his scratched one and he bought the one that came with the side buttons and everything. When he got it, it looked almost exactly the same. Except, the button in which the memory card goes was missing the little printed logo on the top that comes with every Bold bezel.
    You're right and I'm wondering why RIM has not done anything against such business ??!

Then, good luck!

I just buy American when I can!!!!!! You can find the parts in the USA. Its worth the extra buck.

Please provide me with some American websites. I do not know many. thanks

You sound like a spokesman for them... Let's not forget that they are running a business. And the OP said they clearly screwed up his order and so why wouldn't he leave negative comments? How does that help anyone if everyone sees that they have perfect ratings? We shouldn't have to expect problems to be fixed after they happen, but they shouldn't happen at all.

I don't know about you, but if someone screws up my order, I'm leaving a bad review. I'm not going to wait until they fix it and then give them a good approval because it shouldn't have had to be fixed in the first place.
    i also thought they sell OEM stuff....
    Madness87 You're right he sounds

Please, can you provide us with "approved store", I need some Bold parts for a reasonable price . Thanks

I like your comments 100%

Well the parts I received, IMO are OEM, I can't tell the difference and I'm not about to hire an engineer to check them for me. And only a fool would go to China and think they're getting a real LV bag, regardless of what is said. Especially if it's way cheaper than what you know it should be.
    My friend, you do not need an engineer. It's clear!

Thks
    I'd done everything you said. But what if they stopped answering your emails ????
    07-14-09 10:33 AM
    I was just about to submit my purchase order from cnn.cn and decided to do a little research first.
    this was my first stop
    thank you all for your feedback

It seems I will be shopping on

has anyone done buisness with;
    fonlogix.us
    cellulardr.com - seems pricey & doesn't state OEM
    etc...

Some of the sites I was viewed noted
    "Place of Origin - Hong Kong"

So its hard to believe it doesn't come full circle and all originate from cnn.cn
    07-14-09 11:29 AM
    Well PDArepairworld (formerly bbrepairshop.com) is based out of Texas. So far, they only have the OEM LCD screen's and Trackball assembly as parts but they are OEM EXACT. They are more expensive than what you can find on EBay, or other sites but I emailed them earlier regarding whether they carry bezels (they do but in limited quantity) but she said all of the stuff they carry is RIM manufactured OEM parts. Be prepared to pay an arm and a leg though.

Then there is Horizon Wireless, based out of Quebec, Canada. The parts they sell are very similar to Cnn.cn but some parts are OEM and some aren't. Prices are a little higher than compared tp cnn.cn but I believe shipping is cheaper.
    07-14-09 05:25 PM
    First off - I have been ordering from CNN.CN for about the past 4 years and I have only had 1 problem - and Dennis handled it very professionally and I was satisfied with the outcome. I do not represent the company - I am just a long term very satisfied customer. To the OP - When I had a problem, I contacted CNN.cn via e-mail and gave them a few days to respond: I know they have a lot of customers and they are a small company. When Dennis contacted me, he told me he would send a new part - and he did - and it fit perfectly. As to "true" OEM vs knock-off - I'm not an expert and everything has worked as advertised except for one item. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience - but before I left negative feedback, I would give the merchant a chance to correct the problem before trashing them. I for one will continue to shop at CNN.cn as long as they have what I want.
    07-14-09 05:35 PM
    ^^ Nonetheless - they are not OEM parts and are claimed to be OEM. Which is a scam, even if the parts work pretty well. And false advertising is worth pointing out.
    07-14-09 05:40 PM

Yeah sure... Everyone who hasn't had any issues with them MUST be a spokeperson for them. In that case more than half of the members of this site who have no problems with cnn are spokespersons too?
    07-14-09 06:44 PM
    Well I own a business and have for many years and we touch around 1200 THINGS a month in our shop and have a web business that does another 300 or so a month. I worked for companies that would strive to have zero defect through out their operation and never attained it. We have a record of .1 percent now that means every month we screwed up 15 - 16 things. To be honest I sleep really well knowing that we got all of the rest right. If you could understand that these things happen and treat it like an adult it might go easier, the complaint process. My business we would give you a refund and let you keep the product, I have done it. And we would add you to a never do biz list. Problem is most folks that expect everything to be perfect all of the time have never done anything more than punch a clock for someone else. I sleep soundly at night knowing we handle 99.9 percent of our volume correctly. Just handle that part better next time because it will happen to you again. My 2 cents.

Last edited by foth; 07-14-09 at 07:43 PM.
    07-14-09 07:19 PM
    Just based upon what i saw on their site and some user feedback from these forums, I would recommend truesupplier . com.

I will be ordering from them soon. So it might be a sight you want to check out. They seem to have a lot of variety and original looking quality BB parts as well as parts for many different devices.
    07-14-09 07:39 PM
    I'd done everything you said. But what if they stopped answering your emails ????
    Cnn's emails have been known to get caught up in peoples spam inbox. Have you checked there?
    07-14-09 07:45 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD