i get nowhere near that........... and i use it HEAVILY........ i do have 3 dx-1 batteries........ and im on my 6th tour........ 4 to 5 hours of use max............for me
    Same here man, i honestly don't know where these people are getting 12 hours of heavy use out of these weak DX-1 batteries, especially when i barely getting that on my Bold 9700 and the battery on this thing is the best on the market for any smartphone. I believe when people are claiming all these hours of use their not literally using it 12 hours, more or less they are picking it up checking email or bbm here and there in between a 12 hour time frame. according to the I Love Blackberry Application i use my Blackberry 8 1/2 hours out of the day. So im on it literally doing something on it 8 hours a day and i go through 1 battery on my 9700 in that time and put in my back-up Seido battery for the remainder of my day (when home still replying to a few email and bbm'ing with coworkers). On my Tour 9630 i was using it the same amount of time and at the 5 hour mark sometimes a few minutes before it was done, and in went the back up to try and get me through the day until i could get to my car charger. Yes my backlight is dimmed to 10% among the other various battery saving tips please save your lectures mod's and whoever else thinks they have the secret ingrediant to saving battery life.
    05-21-10 07:17 AM
    Yes I am
    If you use a smartphone like a dumb phone battery life for the smartphone will last for 5 days too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 07:48 AM
    i miss my 9700....and most poeple are not power users..I can kill my giant seido 2600 in one day on my s2...i miss my 9700
    05-21-10 07:52 AM
    If you use a smartphone like a dumb phone battery life for the smartphone will last for 5 days too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's the point. Big screens, wifi, browsing, texting, BBM, gmail, twitter, emails. All things that drain a battery. Not doing any of these things on the Tour or Storm 2 I could get 2+ days.

Using the thing like a smartphone as intended uses the battery. The people who report 3 days with 9700, I'll bet hardly use the device.
    05-21-10 10:19 AM
    using mine extensively as I just got it, and settings things back up to how they were on my 9700... and since the data speeds are far better with my 9650 on Sprint compared to what I was getting with my 9700 on T-Mo... I'm using it a lot... but I'll give it a week to truly gauge batt life... so far though, it seems almost on par with my 9700 considering the usage I'm doing... so no complaints at all so far!
    05-21-10 10:34 AM
    using mine extensively as I just got it, and settings things back up to how they were on my 9700... and since the data speeds are far better with my 9650 on Sprint compared to what I was getting with my 9700 on T-Mo... I'm using it a lot... but I'll give it a week to truly gauge batt life... so far though, it seems almost on par with my 9700 considering the usage I'm doing... so no complaints at all so far!
    Its on par as in terms of battery life?
    05-21-10 10:41 AM
    I'm finding the battery life on the leaked 692 OS is far greater than shipped OS all else being equal. Battery life on Shipped OS was the same as my Tour with same programs/settings.

I'm sitting at 100% 4hours off charger, one 10 min phone call, several BBM convos, a few texts, and tons of email. Usually I'd sit at 80% about this time of day with same use, but last all day, into the evening to 45% at bed/chargetime
    05-21-10 11:53 AM
    Yes that will kill your battery.

The things that kills phone batteries the fastest are:

Establishing/Restablishing network connection over and over
    GPS
    Wifi
    Screen
    Processor intensive things like browser, apps, etc.

The screen is becoming less and less of an issue though.
    How does Wifi kill your battery?
    05-21-10 02:26 PM
    Same here man, i honestly don't know where these people are getting 12 hours of heavy use out of these weak DX-1 batteries, especially when i barely getting that on my Bold 9700 and the battery on this thing is the best on the market for any smartphone. I believe when people are claiming all these hours of use their not literally using it 12 hours, more or less they are picking it up checking email or bbm here and there in between a 12 hour time frame. according to the I Love Blackberry Application i use my Blackberry 8 1/2 hours out of the day. So im on it literally doing something on it 8 hours a day and i go through 1 battery on my 9700 in that time and put in my back-up Seido battery for the remainder of my day (when home still replying to a few email and bbm'ing with coworkers). On my Tour 9630 i was using it the same amount of time and at the 5 hour mark sometimes a few minutes before it was done, and in went the back up to try and get me through the day until i could get to my car charger. Yes my backlight is dimmed to 10% among the other various battery saving tips please save your lectures mod's and whoever else thinks they have the secret ingrediant to saving battery life.

amen lol....... i think we have very similar habits...... my phone is basically my 3rd arm lmao.....
    05-21-10 02:59 PM
    That's the point. Big screens, wifi, browsing, texting, BBM, gmail, twitter, emails. All things that drain a battery. Not doing any of these things on the Tour or Storm 2 I could get 2+ days.

Using the thing like a smartphone as intended uses the battery. The people who report 3 days with 9700, I'll bet hardly use the device.
    exactly.... if i used my tour as a paperweight and only picked it up ever so often to send an email here or there.... look up an address ..... use google maps etc.... thennnnn........ i could make it last for a longgggggggggg time.... glad to see some true POWER users understand
    05-21-10 03:00 PM
    How does Wifi kill your battery?
    because when the wifi radio is turned on.... thats much demand for power
    05-21-10 03:02 PM
    because when the wifi radio is turned on.... thats much demand for power
    I have never experienced added battery drain from Wifi. Quite the opposite actually. It receives more data and faster, thus less radio use. I usually get better battery life using Wifi, but that still depends on signal strength. If you have a weak, slow Wifi connection, sure battery life will suffer.
    05-21-10 03:22 PM
    I have never experienced added battery drain from Wifi. Quite the opposite actually. It receives more data and faster, thus less radio use. I usually get better battery life using Wifi, but that still depends on signal strength. If you have a weak, slow Wifi connection, sure battery life will suffer.
    odd....because........ ur running an additional radio which requires additional power...... normally on all wifi berrie's ive encountered of course that equated to quicker battery drain...... more demand on the battery.........
    05-21-10 06:04 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD