05-21-10 06:04 PM
38 12
tools
    ok everyone..... im still awaiting the release of the bold 9650 from big red..... but until then we can allow the sprint users to post up and see really how efficient is battery life on the bold 9650 when its put through its paces..... now heres an excerpt from the crackberry review which at the current time of me posting this is on the homepage.......

"Several people have asked me about battery life on the 9650. I myself was concerned that it wasn't going to be as good as the Bold 9700. I took the 9650 off the charger and of course started putting it through the rigorous testing of a new device. I made numerous calls, sent lots of email, spent some time on BlackBerry Messenger and Gtalk, surfed the web, etc... after 14 hours I currently have 45% battery remaining. That's much better than I expected. Naturally each user will get varying results, but I think it's safe to say that the Bold 9650 should be able to get you through a full day's use. "

I know im not the only one who would like to know this information so upon receiving your new bolds....... post up your results..... because my tour would be long gone before 14 hours of use and just seems a bit odd seeing that the specs on rims site are super similar for both tour and 9650.... MAYBE THIS COULD BE STICKY WORTHY??? or maybe not.... nonetheless post up
    05-20-10 11:55 AM
    Yes mine has lasted over 12 hours doing everything email, browsing, listening to media, some wifi. I dont think battery life will be a big issue for me since I charge it everday anyway.
    05-20-10 12:08 PM
    I get around 17-18 hours of heavy use out of my 9630... The 9650 should not be any different.
    05-20-10 12:11 PM
    i get nowhere near that........... and i use it HEAVILY........ i do have 3 dx-1 batteries........ and im on my 6th tour........ 4 to 5 hours of use max............for me
    05-20-10 01:30 PM
    Well......

I have back light set all the way down.....

Use standby lock all the time...

running .643 right now...

Now on days of a bad connection, if I am in the office all day, which will kill my battery very very fast....
    05-20-10 01:33 PM
    ok everyone..... im still awaiting the release of the bold 9650 from big red..... but until then we can allow the sprint users to post up and see really how efficient is battery life on the bold 9650 when its put through its paces..... now heres an excerpt from the crackberry review which at the current time of me posting this is on the homepage.......

"Several people have asked me about battery life on the 9650. I myself was concerned that it wasn't going to be as good as the Bold 9700. I took the 9650 off the charger and of course started putting it through the rigorous testing of a new device. I made numerous calls, sent lots of email, spent some time on BlackBerry Messenger and Gtalk, surfed the web, etc... after 14 hours I currently have 45% battery remaining. That's much better than I expected. Naturally each user will get varying results, but I think it's safe to say that the Bold 9650 should be able to get you through a full day's use. "

I know im not the only one who would like to know this information so upon receiving your new bolds....... post up your results..... because my tour would be long gone before 14 hours of use and just seems a bit odd seeing that the specs on rims site are super similar for both tour and 9650.... MAYBE THIS COULD BE STICKY WORTHY??? or maybe not.... nonetheless post up
    Not sure what you run on your tour but I know 12 Hours was easy for mine. The only tim emy batt runs quick is when Im searching for a signal
    05-20-10 01:55 PM
    i get nowhere near that........... and i use it HEAVILY........ i do have 3 dx-1 batteries........ and im on my 6th tour........ 4 to 5 hours of use max............for me
    When you say heavy what do you mean???
    05-20-10 01:56 PM
    My battery on the bold seems to be about equal to my tour battery. I take it over the cradle at around 7:30 am everyday and normally return it about 11 pm. This is with normal to heavy usage. I send/receive 20-30 emails, 40-50 text, 10-20 pic mail, and internet usage. Then I have a bout 3 to 3.5 hours of phone talk a day. I do not have it in the holdster, but used standby.
    05-20-10 01:57 PM
    maybe 4 -6 hours using everything on phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 01:58 PM
    maybe 4 -6 hours using everything on phone

yep...me too......i have beejive and ss running too
    05-20-10 02:11 PM
    in my house my signal jumps all around. Like from 1XEV to 1X and back and forth. Will that kill the battery pretty quickly?
    Im trying to figure out why my battery is draining so fast.
    thanks
    05-20-10 02:13 PM
    in my house my signal jumps all around. Like from 1XEV to 1X and back and forth. Will that kill the battery pretty quickly?
    thanks
    that will kill the battery pretty quick. also, if you use a lot of apps like facebook, myspace, twitter, etc that will drain your battery faster. reducing the backlight helps, so does using standby when it is not in sure. BBM is the biggest battery drain for me.
    05-20-10 02:17 PM
    ... what's around that's a good higher output battery replacement for the D-X1?

My 9650 dropped to 50% after 5 hours yesterday, recharged, ran it dead by 7:30 pm. screen was probably actually on for most of the morning, and it's still new so I'm playing with it more. Screen and signal strength seem to have the greatest bearing on how fast it drains.
    05-20-10 02:25 PM
    I made the jump from the 9700 to the Tour and my only disappointment has been the battery life. I run everything the same that I did on my 9700 same apps even same theme. In fact my signal is more stable since switching to Sprint from T-mo which is why I even made the switch in the first place. I know it is a less powerful battery but by around 7 at night the Tour starts the warning blinking and is about dead. I have not changed my phone habits at all. When I had the 9700 I would be down perhaps 2 bars. I still plan to stick with Sprint for the much better deal and getting a 9650 just hope that things maybe have been tweaked a bit for longer battery life. May just be a limitation of the battery and I will just live with it. I had a Pre and a Hero in the past so this is nothing new!
    redneck6497 likes this.
    05-20-10 02:48 PM
    beejive is a power hog..

it cut my 8330 battery life by 50%.. you could try IM+ lite.. its free and does skype IM in addtion to all the others...

yep...me too......i have beejive and ss running too
    05-20-10 03:12 PM
    CDMA bb battery suck i hear compared to GSM
    05-20-10 03:46 PM
    I get around 17-18 hours of heavy use out of my 9630... The 9650 should not be any different.
    Are you using the stock theme?
    05-20-10 04:19 PM
    thanks
    Yes that will kill your battery.

The things that kills phone batteries the fastest are:

Establishing/Restablishing network connection over and over
    GPS
    Wifi
    Screen
    Processor intensive things like browser, apps, etc.

The screen is becoming less and less of an issue though.
    05-20-10 04:46 PM
    It's not specifically the battery that is in a CDMA device that suck. There are many factors that determine battery life. Signal strength, the lower the signal the more the battery drains when the device is trying to maintain a signal, Background apps that use wifi or gps, LCD usage etc...

But one thing to strongly take into consideration when comparing battery life between devices - is that inherently GSM devices are more efficient because they consumer less power maintaining a signal connection.

My .02

Yes that will kill your battery.

The things that kills phone batteries the fastest are:

Establishing/Restablishing network connection over and over
    GPS
    Wifi
    Screen
    Processor intensive things like browser, apps, etc.

The screen is becoming less and less of an issue though.
    05-20-10 05:26 PM
    I made the jump from the 9700 to the Tour and my only disappointment has been the battery life. I run everything the same that I did on my 9700 same apps even same theme. In fact my signal is more stable since switching to Sprint from T-mo which is why I even made the switch in the first place. I know it is a less powerful battery but by around 7 at night the Tour starts the warning blinking and is about dead. I have not changed my phone habits at all. When I had the 9700 I would be down perhaps 2 bars. I still plan to stick with Sprint for the much better deal and getting a 9650 just hope that things maybe have been tweaked a bit for longer battery life. May just be a limitation of the battery and I will just live with it. I had a Pre and a Hero in the past so this is nothing new!
    X2 - I found same when I used the 9700.

05-20-10 05:34 PM
    i've found that if i'm in an area in which my phone is constantly straining to hit EVDO coverage, the battery goes FAST. every phone I've ever had that had EVDO data worked that way. my office has a sprint repeater in it, so i get five bars all day. consequently it hardly goes down at all. worst thing on it these days is i'm running podtrapper which is kind of a battery killer with the number of podcasts i listen to.
    05-20-10 05:40 PM
    Have any of you tried changing in options, mobile network, network tech to 1XEV from global?
    05-20-10 05:50 PM
    When you say heavy what do you mean???
    a lot of emails...... socialscope(yea this could be culprit as in its earlllllly releases it would suck the battery down in NO TIME) countless bbm's texts.... numerous phone calls, web surfing etc...... i demand a lot from my bb which is why i have 3 batteries ..... still cannot wait to grab the bold........ need the wifi lol...need to increase my multitasking..... and being able to follow up on bbm's and emails WHILE on phone
    05-21-10 02:09 AM
    It's not specifically the battery that is in a CDMA device that suck. There are many factors that determine battery life. Signal strength, the lower the signal the more the battery drains when the device is trying to maintain a signal, Background apps that use wifi or gps, LCD usage etc...

But one thing to strongly take into consideration when comparing battery life between devices - is that inherently GSM devices are more efficient because they consumer less power maintaining a signal connection.

My .02

My old dumb phone lasted 5 days on an extended battery. But I has the option of disabling EVDO.

05-21-10 06:57 AM
    Are you using the stock theme?
    Yes I am
    05-21-10 07:08 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD