Hi,
    I just got a "PNY" 8GB media disk for my BB Bold 9000. But, I can't get it to format in order to put music/files on it.
    I put it into my phone, it told me it must be formatted before it would work. So I pushed the button that said to format, but my phone froze up, saying it was formatting for hours, and i had to take out my battery and pop it back in just to use my phone.
    So, I tried to plug it into my computer instead. When I did this, the computer told me I had to format the card as well. So, i push format. But, it gets almost all the way done formatting and then a little boz shows up and says "formatting failed" with no explanation or information at all, just that it failed. So now, neither my phone nor my computer can correctly format the card. The computer does show me that the card is empty, that all of its space is free. So its not because its full.

Any advice?? Nothing is working
    03-10-10 02:02 AM
    Plug it into your computer again and try a full format instead of the quick format. Quick is faster and full is slower but more extensive.
    03-10-10 02:40 AM
    I did that too. It just does the same thing when I do a full format, it gets almost all the way done, and then it just says "unalble to format." It doesnt say why or how to fix or give any other options.
    03-10-10 12:29 PM
    I think your memory card is defective. There is a 2% chance of getting a defective. You should get an exchange from where you got it from.
    03-10-10 01:02 PM
    Is there any sort of software or program i can get that will restore or repair the disk? I got the phone and everything off of ebay and I doubt I'll be able to return it or anything, if thats what the problem actually is.
    03-11-10 01:39 AM
    Sorry no because usually defective means it was already damaged during the manufacturing process. No apple is the same and there is bound to be a rotten apple in a basket. Software will not fix this because it could be internal hardware damaged.
    03-11-10 01:52 AM
    Ok, well that sucks.

I was wondering though, when I plug my phone into my computer using the cord, shouldnt something pop up on my phone? I have mass storage mode on. However whenever i try to pull up my phone on my computer, it doesnt do anything except say that the software is installed, but it doesnt show up as a removable disk or anything. My phone doesnt acknowledge that ive plugged it in either, other than it charging the battery. Is there a way i can put files on my phone using that cord? i was pretty sure I could
    03-12-10 10:00 PM
    Your computer doesn't recognize the driver anymore. Try uninstalling the driver software on your computer and when you re-plug the bb in, the computer should prompt you to install the driver again.
    03-12-10 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD