Hey All,

My BlackBerry's trackball couldn't move down a month ago, so I sent it in for repairment. Now, i've got a totally new BB bold and am really happy! BUUUT i can't figure out how to get my contacts back in the adressbook? It only imported from my sim, but i have a few hundred left on my sd card aswell...

Can anyone help?

cheerio,
    m.
    07-22-09 04:44 AM
    You can use DM to back them up and restore them to the new phone, you can use something like Google Sync to ack them up online and then pull them down to the new phone, or you can sync with an email client. Are you sure they're on your SD card and not just in the device memory? If so, I wanna know how you did that.
    07-22-09 04:52 AM
    well i thought i saved them on my sd card, but device memory makes no sense. ********* this means i lost all my contacts cause i got a new phone?! arghh!!
    07-22-09 05:14 AM
    I believe you saved them on the device itself. SD cards are for Media only (i.e. no apps can be installed on it, only on board memory is usable for such, which is the 1GB). If you still have your previous phone, then go to DM (Desktop Manager) and create a backup of your phone (as digitalb0y said) and apply that restore file to your new device. If you however don't have your previous phone them I am afraid theres no way to get them back (unless you did create a backup file BEFORE you got rid of the previous phone). This is one reason, among others, on why its good to create a backup file. Just in case, you never know, once a month at the very least.

SD Card = Memory space used for Media files (or an other such as documents, ZIPs, RARs, etc.). This memory is not available for use in conjunction or as an addition to your Device Memory.

Device Memory = The amount of memory or space your Device itself has. In this case, the Bold has 1GB of device memory availabe for use. This space is used for installing applications, updates, Contacts, Calendar events, etc. and for Media purposes as well (if no SD card is present).

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Lluvia; 07-22-09 at 05:50 AM.
    07-22-09 05:46 AM
    hey dudes,

i do make backups, but my computer crashed so i lost everything. bah, this sucks. but atl east i have my bb back

thx for fast rplies
    07-22-09 05:59 AM
    hey dudes,

i do make backups, but my computer crashed so i lost everything. bah, this sucks. but atl east i have my bb back

thx for fast rplies
    Heh, I understand what you're talking about. I recently bought a new HDD (500 GBs) not because I wanted but because I had to. Old one (200 GBs) just died on me

True, least you have you phone back
    07-22-09 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD